3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Pirat13666 29.10.22 11:40 pm

! AVX2! (Atomic Heart)

Based on the system requirements of Atomic Heart, it's clear that AVX2 will be there. Marketing flourishes with terrible force.
Steam has created a thread where people actively oppose the implementation of these instructions.

It seems that Intel is not weakly unfastening for the promotion of its new processors.
It is necessary to achieve the abolition of AVX in any games.
32 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 16.11.22

You must be updating your video card.
with a video card is a slightly different story. video cards are weak. they were strong only in multi gpu and were there limited by memory and then by architecture. by the time the card suited the architecture, it no longer pulled games at 30 fps. with processors, a little different has developed before it completely turns sour, 2-3 video cards will pass. and if during the epic times the processor was blown away quickly enough, then over the past generation the requirements for the processor were significantly mothballed and the bakers thought that their i7 and amd fx were immortal. Plus, good processors came out for lga 2011, which didn’t really exist before, which really look like they’ve been fixed for centuries, comparable now with all sorts of relatively relevant i3 and5. they would be purely mathematically quite able to pull the game maybe a year or 2 30fps. and if it is more or less clear what shaders do, for example, and for their joint support, support at the API level is needed so that they do with a loss of performance. at the end of the cons, suddenly the 1000 series can do px, although it does not have the architecture of the dx12 ultimat specification, then even with the instructions it’s not clear to me what they are doing there because the architecture is like x86 from the 70s. from the point of view of programming, there will probably be a fork that if the processor does not know what these conjuring instructions are, it goes to do and replace it in assembler mode, which from the point of view of optimization is high overhead because games should be optimized first of all for the new and then somehow for old for the glory of the graphoon. otherwise everything would stagnate and the new mathematically powerful hardware would simply be used inefficiently.

E
Evil in the flash 16.11.22

Pirat13666
What other promotion of new processors? AVX2 on Intel appeared on Socket 1150, about 8 years ago.

H
Homer11 16.11.22

sewn for business, support for the Pentium 533, Riva TNT and DOS were not delivered? The people are indignant! urgently create a topic and oppose!11!

z
zPOINTMANz 16.11.22

Pirat13666
Yes, yes, he pulls perfectly, let's pretend that we believed. Prots is excellent for its time, no one argues, but time takes its toll. In the same cyberpunk on release, my 4770 in the city center was constantly hammering into a hundred, and there was an underload of video. You have a good video card, and if it was in a bundle of Intel, at least 9 series or 3 fermented baked milk, then there would be no 40 FPS on fullhd, but would there be stable 60+.

k
k0803833 16.11.22

Minimum requirements
Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit (version 20H1 or later)
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.0 GHz / Intel Core i5-4460 @ 3.1 GHz
Video card: AMD Radeon R9 380 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 with 4GB
VRAM Memory: 8 GB
Disk space: 90 GB
DirectX: 12.0
Recommended requirements
Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit (version 20H1 or later)
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.8 GHz / Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.6 GHz
Graphics card: AMD RX Vega 64 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 with 8 GB VRAM
RAM: 16 GB
Disk space: 90 GB
DirectX: 12.0

A
AndBasf 20.01.23

What is there to worry about! Sooner or later they will remove this AVX!

V
Valentinehjr 26.01.23

Mundfish representative wrote that the game will go without AVX2!

V
Valentinehjr 26.01.23

P
Pokerman 26.01.23

Hey

P
Pokerman 26.01.23

what is avix

P
Pirat13666 26.01.23

Valentinhjr
Thank you very much for this conversation (correspondence) with the developers. And this once again proves the fact that if you do not remain silent. and to act actively, it will be possible to play without AVX2.
Hurray comrades!

K
Kartonkratos 26.01.23

Pokerman
https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/AVX