3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Rap70r 20.01.23 01:35 pm

Sjo is spinning

Processor i7 7700k Asus
Maximus VIII Hero cpu CPU IA cores and CPU package gauges show random values. Because of these sensors, the cooler behaves simply unbearably. As soon as you start any game, the temperature instantly rises to 80 degrees according to the sensor and the cooler spins at 1800 rpm. It is worth turning it off, as it immediately returns to 40. Moreover, there cannot be 80 degrees of temperature there. Setting a fixed rpm is not an option. It started spontaneously. There were a couple of cases when it reached 95 degrees without much load and cut down the computer. I rebuilt the whole computer, looked at the percentage, everything is ok with it outwardly, the socket legs are in place, I tried to put the cpu fan on the water pomp, it did not help. What can it be and can I solve it without a service?

6 Comments
Sort by:
s
stanok40rus 20.01.23

Rap70r
Look, maybe there are problems with the clamp on the processor

S
Salyarych 20.01.23

Rap70r
Why do you need LSS for such a processor? Even a boxed cooler is enough here. TDP 91 W... It's about nothing at all. Only the place in the body you lose because of the pump.
Put a small tower on 110-115 watts and don't worry.

And the problem can be, both with the prods itself and with the cooling mount. You can also smeared shitty thermal paste (always smear MX II, the most topchik of all pastes).

R
Rap70r 20.01.23

stanok40rus
no, everything is ok with the
Salarych clamp for a
long time and everything was ok, 4+ years already, there are friends who also use it, at one time my percent was very hot (and continues to be), so it was a good solution

to the general problem still not decided, but there are new points, I rebuilt the computer again, adding a case cooler for additional cooling. and began to monitor the sensors, the temperatures became lower on average, but the sensors began to write even more complete nonsense.

I'm already sure that the cooling is working, that everything is ok with the process, the games are already working fine, but the sensors are weird and because of them the cooler is weird.

to understand the situation, look at the sensors literally in the range of a few seconds.

my t sensor is not even connected! but he manages to show 120 degrees there, and 1 degree on phc! that is, once every other time it shows the real temperature values, but the rest is a complete random.

S
Salyarych 20.01.23

Rap70r
What temperature does it show in BIOS?
In Aida, do a prods test, what temperature will it give?

R
Rap70r 20.01.23

Salyarych
In general, I figured out the problem, thanks everyone for trying to help. Who will meet with this - I share my experience, I rolled back to the BIOS before the latest version, the temperatures returned to normal. There are still jumps, but they have already become tolerable. Then he began to test different versions of the BIOS until he reached the optimal one. Problems also started due to the Ai suite software from Asus. Demolished it completely along with the registry files. I installed it again from the official page of the motherboard through the Dual Intellegent Processors download - it immediately installs the Ai suite. I set up the cooler through it, because at first they were spinning too much, I also had to puff, because they didn’t want to work quietly at all. There, in different versions of the software, the computer also reacts quite differently. Therefore, it is necessary to download and test different versions strictly for your mother in case of problems. I set the Fan Expert to silent mode. In general, the situation has returned to normal. So the asus is doing something weird with the bios, be careful) The idea that there might be something with the firmware was suggested by the fact that I already met a similar problem - like at home - on the Internet, where the person decided just the same by flashing the BIOS.

Initially, I tried to reflash the BIOS to the same version, as well as reset it, but I did not think that I needed to roll back to an earlier version. In the end, after testing almost all versions, I installed the latest BIOS version and it worked fine.
Temperature fluctuations have not completely stopped, but now they are almost within the normal range, and in order to have no consequences from them at all, I put a wait before changing the speed of the cooler so that it does not change speed abruptly. Sensors such as PCH or T_sensor stopped behaving strangely at all.

As for the remaining temperature spikes (which have decreased several times), it turned out that the problem is not only with me, but with all (or many) i7 7700k owners.

For example, here are a couple of links where you can read:
https://forum.ixbt.com/topic.cgi?id=30:21987
https://occlub.ru/news/hardware/3740-vladeltsy-intel-core-i7-7700-i-i7-7700k-zhaluyutsya-na-rezkie-skachki-temperatury

Most likely, the thermal paste under the cover is completely finished.
Temperatures, in principle, are already normal, max is now 71 degrees at 100% continuous load, but I think scalping by 10-20 degrees would have thrown it off, and would also have added stability.

L
Lex one 20.01.23

Rap70r
Yes, scalp him and all problems will go away.