3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
Tefarteds 20.01.23 01:35 pm

RayTracing? (Cyberpunk 2077)

Finally I bought myself a card with rays and decided to test it in cyberpunk, of course.
And strange, but I like the result without rays more, strange.
Yes, somewhere there are additional reflections and volume of glasses. But without reflection rays, it is somehow clearer, more pleasing to the eye (to me, subjectively, yes).
Is it like this for everyone or am I being stubborn?

16 Comments
Sort by:
T
Tefarteds 20.01.23

T
Thief Pirate 20.01.23

In my opinion, this technology will soon go into oblivion in the wake of the physicist. For resources are eating the sea and the result must be sought in comparison.

M
MunchkiN 616 20.01.23

reflection in screen space does not reflect what is behind it, has the problem of cone around the edges of the screen and leakage of sky light. reflection through tracing have fewer of these problems.
the problem is that in cyberpunk, for example, there was no reflection of oneself on the car windows, as far as I remember, and perhaps the reflections are not accurate; I don’t remember anymore, in theory, super smooth surfaces should work like mirrors and rough surfaces should give a very blurry reflection. plus, when striving for flat corners, the reflection should increase (this is done by the usual pbr).
and when I opened the last screenshots, I immediately noticed a light leak under the car, typical for the previous generation of graphics on pbr + ssr + ao, although this is probably not a reflection, but some kind of rtgi and mouth, most likely.

B
BDmitriy 20.01.23

DLSS not in performance is unscrewed?

T
Tefarteds 20.01.23

BDmitriy
On the screenshots, in principle, turned off, and so I put the quality

T
Tefarteds 20.01.23

MunchkiN 616
I just like that when the rays are turned off, the reflections are clear, the surface is uneven, has a texture chtol. And when you turn it on, the reflection lathers the surface of the reflection.

M
MunchkiN 616 20.01.23

I played Tefarteds
on the release at 900p, so I watched 1080 without smoothing - I don’t remember that the defeats there were very fuzzy.
with screen space reflection, it's like a finished screen glued on top of normals and depth. if you evade their accuracy, those step in depth will be preserved, they should, in theory, also become rough, indefinitely blurry. therefore this technology is not better by itself (it may have some specific advantage in certain situations if full 3d shaders are not used and if the tracing is not very slow).
if you like to play then play it. I, too, when motion blur (motion blur) appeared did not like it. it seemed that this was some kind of crap for weak LCD monitors that were unable to display a fast, clear picture like a CRT. and then imbued with graaafnoooom and lathered with it.

F
FERIOUS BUBALEKH 20.01.23

I didn't understand the difference at all. And I just drive on the included rtx / dlss and enjoy the lights :3

N
Nvidia VS Amd 20.01.23

And I agree with the author and no😁 I turn off the rays everywhere, but in Cyberpuk and in The Ascent (a kind of third-person cyberpack from above) they look decent👍 I set Dlss to quality, I set the resolution to 2880x1620, or 2560x1440. Everything else is ultra.

A
Az_Az 20.01.23

Tefarteds I
don't have screenshots with me on my phone, and I haven't played cyberpunk for a long time, but as far as I remember, everything was fine with reflections, on the contrary, it was very beautiful. The only thing I didn’t include was dlss, honest 1080p, and rays in quality, the rest of the settings are either high or ultra, I don’t remember exactly.

T
Tefarteds 20.01.23

Az_Az
Well, on the first screenshots everything is on ultra, the rays are on incredible. DLSS is off

T
Tefarteds 20.01.23

Nvidia VS Amd
, well, on the screenshots everything is on ultras, the rays are incredible.
I like the picture without rays better

K
Kartonkratos 20.01.23

Tefarteds
So you can turn off the reflection rays, and turn them on for everything else!

O
Ocean_CJle3 20.01.23

It's not about dlss, I have a 4070Ti, the picture without rays is clearer and more pleasant. Reflections always turn into a soapy mess.

E
Evil in the flash 20.01.23

Tefarteds
The topic is about nothing. Well, you like the game without rays, so play without them. What questions.

T
Tefarteds 20.01.23

Evil in the flash
Well, the topic is just about the comment above. That rays turn reflections into soap