3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
t
trondale 20.01.23 01:38 pm

Your feedback and reviews for the game (The Callisto Protocol)

Share your feedback on the game. This is not a topic for discussing the game - here you need to write only your personal impressions of the game.
104 Comments
Sort by:
G
Glodus_mc 20.01.23

The game is so cool, I replayed it three times already. There, in short, you fight with zombies and monsters. Sorry for the spoiler

F
Fad454 20.01.23

Glodus_mc
Like in dock2? You can play as zombies, you can play against zombies, you can release guts, etc.))

G
Glodus_mc 20.01.23

Fad454
Reviews say that the game can be too easy with telekinesis. Further optimization is lame. Management is lame. Long cutscenes that cannot be missed if you die before the boss, watch the cutscene again

D
Dark1994 20.01.23

On ps4, the game lags in cutscenes, as soon as the cutscene ends, the fps is restored. Very strange, for example, you open the door manually, the camera approaches slightly and the FPS sits down, the door opens and everything becomes normal

R
Raf9111 20.01.23

who cares - at 4090 the game gives out 50fps

s
saa0891 20.01.23

So far, I really like everything, the beginning is just very cheerful.

The design of the locations is chic 10 out of 10, the detailing is cool, it's cool that there is a touch of mysticism, all sorts of voices. Visions, just like in Dead Space 2, the game also reminds DooM 3 in terms of locations, the atmosphere is awesome, this is exactly what I was waiting for.

The graphon pleases, the lighting is awesome and perfectly adds to the atmosphere, the optimization is really bad.

The soundtrack is as awesome as Dead Space, immediately + 50% to the atmosphere.

In terms of hand-to-hand combat, I didn’t really like that everything was built, as it were, on QTE, i.e. you don’t just have to quickly press a certain button in real time to dodge or block, but you have to hold it down and then the animation happens, but this still needs to be figured out.
Combo with a melee attack and a pistol also delivers.

The split is awesome.

While I pass with great pleasure and ofigivayu.

Of the shortcomings, I would also note that saves can be done at any time, i.e. there is no device in a certain place, as is typical for this genre, this somewhat spoils the impression, again there is no challenge, but perhaps it will be added in some mode, several modes have already been announced.

Stealth here is of course very selective and limited.

It’s also sad that you can’t hack robots and that they would help you, but maybe I just haven’t reached this point yet, although the moments where you have to pass them on stealth are also very delivering, on the other hand, you can just kill him enough 6-7 rounds per a head from a pistol, while we also get an expensive part that can then be sold.

The detailing of the locations, the textures are of course amazing, I have only seen cooler in Alien: Isolation, I just walk around and look at every nook and cranny.

It is also very coolly done how clothes and exposed parts of the body get dirty and wet.

Leveling, of course, is very castrated compared to Dead Space, we don’t level the costume at all and it’s only given one, and the weapon has quite a few skills, which is rather strange in the Dead Space series, everything was very cool and cool.

Again, I thought there would be a lot of different melee weapons, but as we got a shock baton, we walk with it until the end of the game.
There is only one combo attack, which is rather strange, but if you add hand-to-hand combat, then you need to diversify it somehow.

It seems to me that the unfinished combat and only one copy of melee weapons (generally, it’s kind of stupid) is one of the biggest shortcomings of the game, because. there is generally no variety in how to kill enemies, and combat with melee weapons, on the contrary, implies that there should be many options.

With a variety of enemies is also not a lot, there are all two bosses, there is a two-headed one, it appears several times, it’s cool when you shoot one head off it opens this part, and then it chases you with one head, you get another funny achievement, one head is good and two better.

I already wrote above that the game is reminiscent of DooM 3, so here there is another feature, there are a lot of hidden rooms with various goodies in the game, and if you find such a room and take the goodies, then some kind of bastard will definitely appear along with the reward to buy you.

The game has a lot of references and similar moments with the Dead Space series.

If we compare it with the Dead Space series, then it loses a lot in many components (I thought that it would be at least as good), starting with the number of weapons (and most importantly, the weapon mechanics in Dead Space were simply many times more interesting, which is worth only one plasma a cutter with its ability to change the angle of the beam for better shooting of limbs, or a dart gun with an explosion, or a detonator, etc.), pumping and ending with a variety of enemies, again there is a kinetic module, but it is much more primitive than what was in Dead Space, so There was also stasis.

Dead Space also had a very cool and original element in the form of vacuum and weightlessness, and the third part also had to be heated in order not to freeze, there is nothing like that and there is not even close.

In terms of lore and plot, again, it cannot be compared with the Dead Space series.

Unfortunately, it didn’t work out as a masterpiece, and it doesn’t quite reach its progenitor, although it would seem that the same person stands at the origins of both products. And he had to issue the product at least at the same level, especially knowing all the subtleties and nuances previous series of games.

In general, I went through the game with pleasure, the game is very atmospheric, the locations are of course just awesome, until the end of the game I really looked at everything with my mouth open, but summing up and considering all the pros and cons, I'm rather disappointed, of course I expected much more.

It’s also very frustrating that after passing, nothing opens at all, no new weapons, costumes, bonuses, although in games of this genre this is an integral part, in almost all after passing you get a lot of interesting goodies. Perhaps something will be added when there is a new game + , but this is just another drawback of the game, and a huge one, because this is the lack of a challenge for re-passing.

It is a pity that a new game + and a hardcore mode will be added only in February, in principle, just in a couple of months it will be possible to go through again.

S
Sanya 21 20.01.23

on 3060 12 GB, terrible drawdowns, freezes, so that I would buy the game again without playing it in advance, but fuck you.

S
Snite_Poerti 20.01.23

After the first hour, everything is somehow ambiguous, optimization is shit, but it goes well. The gameplay so far is primitive, just hit enemies with a stick and shoot after each combo 1 time. Let's see what will happen next

B
BDmitriy 20.01.23

Raf9111
Buy the second 4090, there will be 60 frames

saa0891
From the screenshots it seems like Dead Space with mods

s
saa0891 20.01.23

BDmitriy
Well, it is very much like Dead Space (I would even say more like the second part), only with an emphasis on hand-to-hand combat.

s
slipnot6 20.01.23

The game is just fire, I was waiting for it and was not disappointed.
I sympathize with everyone who was going to pass it on the PC. I don’t know who decided it was possible to release a version with such a technical performance, but I suspect that at least half of the blame lies with denuvo.

V
Vinden 20.01.23

The toy is awesome, the optimizon will be adjusted and in general there will be norms!

D
Den Kalashnikov 20.01.23

saa0891
i think this is a child of dead space and resident evil 2 remake)

A
AlexanderLondon2077 20.01.23

saa0891
Of the shortcomings, I would also note that saves can be done at any time
, which is a huge minus

A
Andrew Nash 20.01.23

Of the shortcomings, I noticed absolutely everything in this dull piece of code

n
number 9 large 20.01.23

I would give her a chance if not for the crooked combat system.
Made a refund after two and a half hours.

23hudo 20.01.23

At 4090, the game does not hold 60 fps at maximum settings - this is just very sad. Even cyberpunk gives out about 90.
Otherwise, I like the game, if you don’t cling to Dead Space

F
Fedmoped 20.01.23

In reflection to buy or not, I looked at the trailer - it is NOT INFORMATIVE as much as possible. They do not care will be bought or not?

D
DeadRemix 20.01.23

I launched the game right now, while the shaders are being compiled in the locale, the fps jumps 40-50, as soon as everything is loaded in this locale, the fps is stable 60 frames without friezes at any point in this location, what a bad optimization we are talking about, I xs. The tab where the textures are all maximum, the tab where the shadows and lighting are standard (medium or whatever they are) all the extras are on, without fsr card 1070
Just need to wait for the patch that will change the principle of the compilation,

R
Rancor7 20.01.23

I didn't like it, it's very similar. I regret that I bought it. Yes, it works on curling iron 5, but comparing it with dead space 1, it's not a big deal.