3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
Topman_S 20.01.23 01:49 pm

The power supply is heating up in games

I bought a new power supply for 750w DEEPCOOL PK750D. It seems to work fine, but when I go into games, it heats up and becomes hot. For a block of 2 days, there can be no dust, nothing else can be there, the location is upper. Before that, there was some kind of Player at 500w and it did not warm up so much. The only thing is that my video card is hot and maybe it's because of the air inside the case, but the last PSU did not warm up so much. What could it be, otherwise I’ll take a point so as not to burn anything for myself
29 Comments
Sort by:
T
Topman_S 20.01.23

SonyK_2 wrote:
Normal ones can work for years,
By the way, here's the question, my front cooler makes noise like it's louder than the back one, when I turn off the front computer, it's almost inaudible, and when I turn it on, it's as if the air is loudly pereganivaniya. The sound is clear without any rattles and so on, can the second cooler be defective or not?

N
Nervios 20.01.23

Topman_S
Yes, it's easy! Somehow I bought one valve, I could already hear it in another room, I changed it to another company, and it became comfortable. You can also try to reduce the speed in the BIOS, if there are four pins on the valve. I'll have to experiment and see how it heats up.

S
SonyK_2 20.01.23

Topman_S
Topman_S wrote:
...the front cooler seems to make more noise than the rear one... can the second cooler be defective or not?...
If both coolers are exactly the same (i.e. one has no more revolutions than the other) and installed correctly (the front blows in air, the rear blows out), perhaps one is defective (if the noise is much stronger than the other). You can try to swap them - if it makes noise, exchange it in the store for the same one. Or return the money and take another model.

Nervios
Nervios wrote:
... you can try to reduce the speed in the BIOS if there are four pins on the valve ...
The fact of the matter is that he took 3 pins - these can be adjusted through the BIOS of the motherboard, only if it supports the adjustment of such (not fact).

T
Topman_S 20.01.23

SonyK_2 wrote:
The fact of the matter is that he took 3-pin ones - these can be adjusted through the BIOS of the motherboard, only if it supports the adjustment of similar
ones that is inserted into the 4-pin input, then I can adjust the speed, I downloaded speedfan and you can only hear it when 100% rpm, when I put 90 I can't hear it anymore. I just reduce it and everything is fine, I checked the temperature of the video card did not rise

T
Topman_S 20.01.23

Nervios wrote:
Somehow I bought one valve, I could already hear it in another room, changed it to another company, and it became comfortable
not with me, at the end of the room I can’t hear the PC anymore, if I’m sitting next to it, then it’s understandable yes.

S
SonyK_2 20.01.23

Topman_S
Topman_S wrote:
the one that is inserted into the 4-pin input, I can adjust the speed, I downloaded speedfan and you can only hear it at 100% speed, when I set it to 90, you can't hear it anymore. I just reduce and everything is fine...
Then what's the problem? - if it is possible to regulate, make the temperature / noise ratio as convenient. When you need to regulate both at once through one connector on the motherboard, you can use the "hub" (as I wrote in the post above):
https://forums.playground.ru/hardware/greetsya_blok_pitaniya_v_igrah-1018095/#comment-19155077

T
Topman_S 20.01.23

SonyK_2 wrote:
Then what's the problem?
When I wrote the question, I still didn’t figure out the speed, and then I found a program and decided everything. But by the way, in games where the processor is more involved and the air is hotter coming out under the bp, for example, the cs, it heats up a little, but not much

S
SonyK_2 20.01.23

Topman_S
Topman_S wrote:
... in games where the processor is more involved and the air is hotter under the power supply... it heats up a little, but not much
Because the CPU heats up more, and with it the cooling tower. From it, part of the warm air, which does not have time to blow out through the back wall, rises to the power supply located at the top and heats it up (provided that the blowing from the tower does not go to the PSU) - an absolutely normal situation. As long as the power supply does not get very hot, this should not be a concern. And if you want it not to heat up from another kit, you should think about a new case, with a lower PSU location.

T
Topman_S 20.01.23

SonyK_2 wrote:
As long as the power supply does not get very hot, this should not be a concern.
I was thinking about a new case, but for now I want to replace the video card, and then I'll think about it.