3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Molarky24 20.01.23 02:53 pm

Risen 2 vs. Gothic 4 (Risen 2: Dark Waters)

What do you think was more interesting to play, not in terms of graphics, but in terms of plot, atmosphere, and so on.
51 Comments
Sort by:
K
Kryplos777 20.01.23

Compare, yes.

M
MunchkiN 616 20.01.23

Perhaps I will vote for Gothic 4 although the opinion on rizen2 has not yet been finalized.

Gothic 4 got screwed over because of the disgustingly simplified role-playing system. completely inappropriate passages. jogging the island in a circle. closed isolated locations (although in Gothic 2 it was almost the same). the most oh-lo-lo is that you can’t simply go to bed.
the atmosphere is quite preserved. I remember playing in r2 laying bricks that the game universe moved from the conditional 10-14th century somewhere in the 16th century guns appeared and then an addon with pirates (similar to Rizen 2, by the way) so the atmosphere for me in Gothic has long been gone.) the plot seems to be completely in in the spirit of the latest gothic.

rizen2, in turn, is no better than part 1, even inferior to it in some ways. and all the same wooden gameplay. obsolete and bad looking combat. clown dialogues. gunshots appear which I don't like. then it's better to play pirates of the Caribbean (2004-5 or some year there). it is difficult to say about the atmosphere if the rizen resembled gothic1 then rizen2-gothic2.
there is nothing like this in the plot, but of course it will be better than r4.
I don't appreciate the plot in games. the main thing is that it be and be logical without jambs and blunders.
oh yes and grofon11

G
GarretSSS 20.01.23

R2

I
Inveterate cheater 20.01.23

Of course, Risen, and both parts.
Even in graphics. Maybe not enough polygons, but the textures, lighting, etc. look more realistic than in Gothic 4.

J
Janekste 20.01.23

Risen is much more interesting. And the Gothic was spoiled most of all by the new combat. G4 - not worthy of its name. Risen 2 has more gothic than G4 itself.

V
Vadimak91 20.01.23

Arcania with difficulty passed, Rizen 2 is still playing. In general, maybe it just seems to me, but the Russian voice acting of these games is just fucked up!!! The actors obviously, instead of getting acquainted with the dialogues, stupidly recite sentences, not understanding what they are talking about. It ruins the game experience. another minus for both games - OPTIMIZATION !! to achieve 50-60 fps at max. 1080p in Risen 2 had to get a gtx670. gtx 260 refused to work normally even on medium ones, and the same skyrim worked with a bang.
ps. idiotic head nodding in rizen 2 during dialogues just kills))
gothic 1-2 are the best))

S
Simorli 20.01.23

Gothic 4? Gothic four does not exist. There is Kakaniya, that is, Arcania A Gothic Tale, which miraculously wants to grease up under the great Gothic series ..

In general, Risen 2 is 10 goals higher than Arcania A Gothic Tale.

n
nighthawkreal 20.01.23

P2 is certainly better than Arcania, but it also has a lot of jambs that spoil the overall impression.

L
Lordmar 20.01.23

I did not like ryzen 2 at all, 1 is much better!

b
brain killer 20.01.23

Naturally Risen 2

B
Bazilan 20.01.23

Arkania sucks Risen 2 is better, but worse than Risen 1.