3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
GriM_NSS 20.01.23 03:03 pm

Graphics bugs (Assassin's Creed: Valhalla)

As if texture artifacts, light or shadows, or maybe all together, I don’t even know how to explain, flicker with angular black flat pieces, and they are even during the performance test. I was afraid that something with vidyuhi, launched the year of war, horizontal, control, def stranding, and other heavy games, everything is perfect everywhere. I turned off all the control programs for the vidyukha, the afterburner, the native program for the vidyukha, the overlay, the tray was generally empty, removed it from autoload, restarted the computer, the last firewood is standing, the vidyukha is in stock, without an undervolt, I have no idea what to do. I didn't find anything similar on the Internet.
PS The link is safe, a short video with an example

Video card 3080
Proc 12700F 16GB
of RAM

https://disk.yandex.ru/client/disk?idApp=client&dialog=slider&idDialog=%2Fdisk%2FAssassin%27s%20Creed%20Valhalla%202022.12.19%20-%2018.29.12.01.mp4
14 Comments
Sort by:
S
SonyK_2 20.01.23

GriM_NSS
GriM_NSS wrote:
...a short video with an example...
https://disk.yandex.ru/client/disk?idApp=client&dialog=slider&idDialog=%2Fdisk%2FAssassin%27s%20Creed%20Valhalla%202022.12.19%20 -%2018.29.12.01.mp4 Is
it possible to post a video, for example, on YouTube and link here so that you don't need to log in to view it?
Spoiler

G
GriM_NSS 20.01.23

SonyK_2
No problem, it's even better, I didn't immediately think even

S
SonyK_2 20.01.23

GriM_NSS
GriM_NSS wrote:
...that's even better...
Yes, but if all the graphics settings were visible on the video, even better.
As if texture artifacts, light or shadows, or maybe all together, I don’t even know how to explain, flickering in angular black flat pieces ...
If it flickers only in this game, the problem may be in it itself (preferably more details - a pirate / litsuha, where , version, etc.), or in the drivers.
... the last firewood is standing ...
In one of the relatively recent versions of drivers (like the 520s, I can’t say for sure), Nvidia messed up something - people began to unsubscribe that they had problems in different games. The rollback to the earlier ones - the 517th, or even older, helped.
...3080... 12700F... 16GB RAM...
It is a pity that the OS and its version are not specified in the config. I read somewhere that on the 11th, the small-sized ones "smart" something and some had problems in games. If it's worth it, it might be the case. For modern games, 10 is enough for now (for the newest 22H2) - many years have passed since its first release (2015) and most of the "children's sores" have already been fixed, the more the number of users is higher, and the more likely it is faster notice flaws.

G
GriM_NSS 20.01.23

SonyK_2
SonyK_2 wrote:
Yes, but if all the graphics settings were visible on the video, even better.
The settings are all at maximum, the depth of field and motion blur are disabled, FSR is set to balance. I tried to play around with the graphics settings, nothing helped
SonyK_2 wrote:
If it flickers only in this game, the problem may be in it itself (preferably more details - pirate / litsuha, where, version, etc.), or in the drivers.
Steam face, version 1.6.2. There was similar garbage in the Witcher 3 remaster, but not so much, in general, as I understand it, the REDs again did everything through one place, so I didn’t attach any importance, and it’s not particularly interesting to me. And in warzone 2.0, by the way, too, but there was a nightmare in general, I won’t even try to describe it, I also thought that it was the game. In all the other "heavy" singles that I have, everything is just perfect, do not find fault. But you still need to deal with this problem, otherwise you wanted to ride like this, bought the game and hello, you spent 1k wooden ones just like that, it's a shame SonyK_2
wrote:
) Nvidia screwed up something - people began to unsubscribe that they had problems in different games. The rollback to the earlier ones - the 517th, or even older, helped.
But I didn’t try this by the way, I’ll have to do it, I’ll be very happy if everything becomes ok stupidly because of the firewood on the vidyuhu. Windows is worth a dozen, the version is just 22H2. I am not in a hurry to climb the raw 11th, especially since it is not required for my needs. Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a try and let you know

S
SonyK_2 20.01.23

GriM_NSS
GriM_NSS wrote:
...Similar garbage was in the Witcher 3 remaster... in warzone 2.0, by the way, too... In all the other "heavy" singles that I have, everything is just perfect, don't complain...
Then it's even more likely that the matter is in drivers. Try to work on previous versions, just in case, rolling back the drivers with the complete removal of the previous ones from the system (files, folders, registry entries). If you are too lazy, you can use special software, for example Display Driver Uninstaller:
Spoilerhttps://www.wagnardsoft.com/display-driver-uninstaller-ddu-
... Thanks for the advice on firewood, I'll try and unsubscribe
I'm waiting for details, myself in the future It can be useful.

G
GriM_NSS 20.01.23

SonyK_2
That's it, I cured this garbage, first I rolled the 517 version of firewood, and there was still a bit of these flickers, then I took it down again and rolled the 516 version, now everything is as it should, without lags. Thanks for responding and helping, beaver to you)

UPD: I didn’t win all the same, for 3 hours of the game I noticed these flickers several times, but they are not so large-scale and extremely rare, generally playable

S
SonyK_2 20.01.23

GriM_NSS
GriM_NSS wrote:
...I didn't win all the same, in 3 hours of the game I noticed these flickers several times, but they are not so large-scale and extremely rare...
And if you try to roll back firewood to even earlier versions, or reinstall them already tired?

G
GriM_NSS 20.01.23

SonyK_2
I would try, but on the nvidia website the oldest version is from June, I just have it, but I don’t know where to find even older versions

K
Kartonkratos 20.01.23

GriM_NSS
Try to put the last or penultimate firewood! and here for your video card I saw a driver that is listed as 05/12/2022 https://www.nvidia.ru/download/Find.aspx?lang=ru

G
GriM_NSS 20.01.23

Kartonkratos
Thank you, for some reason I found some other nvidia site, it even has 2020 on it, so I will experiment more on the weekend

S
SonyK_2 20.01.23

GriM_NSS
GriM_NSS wrote:
... found some other nvidia site...
I don't know what kind of site it is (I hope there will be no infection), but in the post above they gave a link to the official one, I download from it myself.
Spoilerhttps://www.nvidia.ru/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en

...on the nvidia website the oldest version is from June, I have it, but I don’t know where to find even older versions I know
If you choose Standard drivers (not DCH), you can download even earlier ones:
Spoiler
... I will experiment more
We are waiting for details.

G
GriM_NSS 20.01.23

SonyK_2
Kartonkratos
In short, I killed 4 hours, tried literally all versions from 511 to 527, all except 512.95 have these bugs, although in fact it also has them, but very few, we can say that they don’t. By the way, for some reason they don’t want to install the version of the 400th series, writes that the system is incompatible. Moreover, all other versions, except for the latest, give out the same dregs in other games. I don’t even know, maybe there’s something with the vidyuhi, some kind of chip detachment or something. I drove a donut - ok, I drove the superposition benchmark from unigin on different presets - ok, but it’s in games for some reason that’s such a prank

S
SonyK_2 20.01.23

GriM_NSS
GriM_NSS wrote:
...tried literally all versions from 511 to 527, all except 512.95 have these bugs, although in fact it also has, but very few, we can say that it doesn't ...
Well, use this version , until some game needs a newer one.
...versions of the 400th series for some reason do not want to install, writes that the system is incompatible...
Maybe they work on older versions of the OS. I myself almost did not use the 10th, I can’t say for sure. On the 7-ke are now 474.11. 500th versions are not available most likely due to the age of the OS.
Spoiler

A
Alik Dynnik 20.01.23

Now installed the game. and check. Tell me on which episode, there are artifacts, or they are present throughout the game. For starters, do not forget about the latest drivers. Then we completely demolish the game and clean the registry. Perhaps at first they tried to install a broken game, and installed a working version on top. This leads to a synthetic graphics card error (dirty bit) Then we test the game on low graphics and gradually increase the quality of the graphics.