3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
a
amir95 20.01.23 03:08 pm

Nothing is true everything is permitted. (Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood)

Nothing is true everything is permitted. What do you think
54 Comments
Sort by:
1eM0N 20.01.23

and as I understand it - nothing is true means that everyone has their own truth and he is free to believe in what he pleases. everything is allowed in our time sounds "laws are made to break them." that is, do what you want, but bear responsibility for what you have done

L
Laughter Laughter 20.01.23

if I'm not mistaken, then in the second part there was a dialogue or, rather, if you take this excerpt, a monologue ... something like
- When blah blah blah is wrong (or dishonest) - nothing is true, when everyone goes in one herd to the wrong - everything is allowed ...
approximately passed

1eM0N 20.01.23

I passed it on, but how do you think about it? How do you interpret these words?

B
Black Griffin 20.01.23

Nothing is true - all beliefs are wrong, there is no god. Follow the creed.
Everything is allowed - do everything you can to change the world in your direction. Don't care about the law.
Well, that's how I understand it.

o
oroksin 20.01.23

sobsno all and so clearly enough described. “Nothing is true, everything is permitted” means that all morality and laws were invented by man. One or more people have boxed people in for their own benefit. Any of you right now can go out into the street and slaughter 10 kids - no retribution in heaven will await you for this. A normal person will not do this, because it is stupid, such actions will sooner or later lead to the fact that everyone will live in castles without leaving the threshold at night - and this is a regression.

R
Respawner2011 20.01.23

Al-Mualim considered himself a cool poet, so such garbage went on for several centuries, but just the slogan is great.

m
maestro-assassini 20.01.23

nothing is true. inaccurate truth, for example, not the fact that there is a god. everything is allowed. If you understand it as altair, then it stands for “No one and nothing will block your way to heaven.” Everything is allowed !!!

m

there is no ideal way, there are no laws of laws in the soul.

Laa shay'a waqi'un moutlaq bale kouloun moumkine
When others blindly follow the truth remember... "Nothing is true" when others are bound by morality or law remember..." Everything is permitted...

D
DagonDevilHunter 20.01.23

In the diary of Altair from part 2 there is approximately the following phrase: If the majority will consider this way (for a long time they will think so), then this becomes the truth.
I think it was from this that the phrase "Nothing is true" arose.

s
skazochnik947 20.01.23

Love is rejected, the soul is fired, nothing is true and everything is permitted.
This is how the phrase actually sounded.

H
Hlelia 20.01.23

PwNx0r
And where did this phrase sound like that? What's in the code?

s
skazochnik947 20.01.23

Hlelia
This is how Hasan-ibn-Sabbah said this phrase before his death.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D5%E0%F1%E0%ED_%E8%E1%ED_%D1%E0%E1%E1%E0%F5

H
Hlelia 20.01.23

PwNx0r
1. There is no such phrase visible there
2. We are discussing a game phrase
3. In fact, NOBODY knows how it sounded in real life. The original phrase is in Arabic, and it allows for many interpretations

s
skazochnik947 20.01.23

Hlelia
Actually, this phrase is known not only for the game. And it sounds exactly like that, it is not so difficult to translate from Arabic. And yes, it's not there. I gave a link to the person who said it. I just can't find the site where I read this:

Love denied, soul fired, nothing is true and everything is permitted
These are the last words spoken by the Imam of the Nizari Ishmaelites, Hassan As-Sabbah, before his death. This fact is mentioned in several Ishmaelite sources. Shortly before his death, Hassan ordered to kill his two sons, arguing that power should pass to the most worthy, and not be given by birthright. He explained that death does not matter to a true believer and his sons accepted death with a smile. Hassan himself was an outstanding politician and philosopher of medieval Persia, a highly educated person.
Scholars of the Ishmaelites still find it difficult to interpret the meaning of As-Sabbah's words. Their interpretation outside of the Ishmaelite doctrine is simply absurd.

I copied this from some forum, but I read it in some big article that I can’t find ...

H
Hlelia 20.01.23

PwNx0r
Soul fired? - I'm confused only by this translation. Surely there is a more poetic translation ... I also doubt that in the time of the Elder from the Mountain there were "layoffs"
And yet - there the word "allowed", not "allowed". The phrase completely changes its meaning. "Permitted" - has the meaning of arbitrariness, lawlessness and anarchy. "Allowed" - has the meaning of the possibility of the existence of something

s
skazochnik947 20.01.23

Hlelia It's
embarrassing - translate it yourself, it's probably smart people who translated, and not someone from the street. And there, where is it? If in the game, then it's allowed in general.

H
Hlelia 20.01.23

skazochnik947
And I'm not going to translate it, the phrase from the game suits me. But if you can’t personally vouch for the quality of the translation, how do you know what knowledgeable people did? Maybe stupidly driven into the translator? This is also possible, all people ...
If it comes to that, then initially in the game permitted. And here is the translation of this word, for example, Lingua x3:
1) allow, allow, give permission
2) allow, enable
3) (permit of) allow (smth.)
And it turns out that the word permitted is translated as "allowed" - that is, “permissible”
And it’s better not to refer to Akella’s translation - in Akella, in general, Ezio at the age of 45 speaks in a young voice.

s
skazochnik947 20.01.23

Hlelia The
article was not written by the one who translates in translator. Too bad I can't find it now. In general, this phrase was not uttered by a homeless person from the street, but to some extent by a great man and for a very long time, which means that Akella is not the first to translate it. Surely historians, linguists, etc. were involved in its translation

m

gamers have no truth, yubik everything is allowed =D

W
WallCrawler09 20.01.23

I think that nothing is true everything is allowed