3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
E
Egor Malaev 20.01.23 03:17 pm

Help with installing/configuring mods (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

For 3 days I have been struggling with installing mods on my beloved Witcher. I also used the Vortex program and just poked around in the folders with the game with pens. Actually, a window crashes at startup that does not let you into the game. Script merger doesn't help (doesn't show anything).

5 Comments
Sort by:
s
saa0891 20.01.23

Egor Malaev wrote:
Actually, a window crashes at startup that does not let the game into the game
. If it crashes when installing any mod, then apparently you are doing something wrong, but if you have already installed a bunch of mods and the problems started only after installing the latter, then the problem is probably in it .
I also started playing The Witcher 3 again and already installed a bunch of mods through Vortex, everything works fine.
Try setting a mod limit.

Again, it is worth remembering that the game has recently been updated and many mods stopped working in the next gene version, yes, they could stupidly break the game, I personally rolled repack 1.31 because of this, now I play calmly, because it is not known what these crooked Poles could break when rolling back to old version.

E
Egor Malaev 20.01.23

saa0891
I installed 3 mods "AutoApplyOils" "Fast travel from anywhere" and "Show discorvered pins". I tried to put only the first and one, but it spits out the same error (but with a smaller number of lines), the nexus mod site says that it has been updated to the next-gen version. Regarding the rollback to 1.31, can the same be done with a licensed version or just download a pirated one?

s
saa0891 20.01.23

Egor Malaev wrote:
Regarding the rollback to 1.31, can the same be done with a licensed version or just download a pirated one?
You can try to roll back first, install mods and see how they will work, but it’s better to download a pirate, because as I wrote above, it’s not known what will break when you roll back, because the Poles have really become completely crooked, it feels like they have normal developers there they didn’t have to put them on the players at all.

E
Egor Malaev 20.01.23

saa0891
Thank you)

c
cheezette 20.01.23

Egor Malaev has
a patch on the script merger, everything works for me with it, maybe it will come in handy for you: