3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
F
FURIOUS MAXIM 20.01.23 03:32 pm

Performance drops constantly (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Good day
I have an ASUS laptop, it costs a ryzen 5 3500U processor, 16 GB of RAM and a discrete 1050 by 2 GB
At the minimum, in theory, it should be pulled - and in general it pulls 50+ frames at a resolution of 1600x900
But such performance is kept around 15-20 seconds, after which, somewhere within a minute, it drops to 15-20 fps
That is, it works well for 15 seconds, it lags for a minute
During normal performance, the GPU is loaded at 100% and the processor is 30-40
During lags, the GPU is loaded by 40%, cpu by 70-80%
I thought it was throttling, but the temperature reaches a maximum of 75 before lags, the frequencies do not drop, and in the furmark the gp heats up to 85 and does not lag anything.
All this is on version 4.0
Now I decided to roll back to 1.32 in the incentive, but I want to read your assumptions
I will be grateful for any help
6 Comments
Sort by:
S
SkyN6T 20.01.23

I have a laptop i5-11300h 16GB of RAM and 3060 performance drops on dx12 and everything is clear on dx11

F
FURIOUS MAXIM 20.01.23

SkyN6T
I'm downloading the old version now, if nothing fixes it, I'll let you know

N
Nvidia VS Amd 20.01.23

I found something to play on😁 The game of edge is demanding for your hardware☝️

F
FURIOUS MAXIM 20.01.23

MOSHIVURIA CHIBIS
Normal hardware, the witcher gives a stable 30 and not on this one
But the question, by the way, is still relevant
On the old version, the same nonsense
A little better, but still unpleasant
And by the way, this does not depend on the direct - both at 11 and at 12 this happens, but at 12 it lags even more

s
saa0891 20.01.23

MAD MAXIM wrote:
On the old version, the same nonsense
It is not known that these crooked hands in the old one broke during the rollback, you can try to download the gog repack (just delete the folder with the settings from the documents) and see if it should be playable on your hardware on the minimum (by at least in terms of performance), if there is a similar problem, then apparently it's in the hardware, you can still try to do a clean installation of the drivers.

s
slider 21 20.01.23

I downloaded the files d3d11on12.dll and dxil.dll in the latest version, replaced them in the game folder, and the witcher ran for me, especially the lags disappeared and the drawdown of frames with ray tracing, maybe it will help someone