3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
c
chelix 20.01.23 03:35 pm

A new, good video card works worse than the old one.

Hello. I recently bought myself a GTX 550 ti 1gb since my GTS 250 died. I ordered it on Avito, like a good seller. In general, I inserted it, went to test it in games and noticed that the fps on it is less than on the GTS 250. For example: Dota 2 on the old video card pulled 70-80 fps, and on the new one it barely rises above 50. And the thing is it's all frizz. Yes, even in Harris fashion, when you go to the normal server, the game crashes. I don't know what's the matter. The video card passed the furmark test, although it warmed up to 96 degrees but passed (720p test). What is strange, ION does not install the driver (Error code 43), but it works worse with new ones. Now I'm sitting on the drivers that Windows 11 found for me.
My kits:
Mother: N68C-S UCC
Proc: AMD Phenom ii X4 955T
RAM: 4gb 1 bar Samsung ddr3 1333mhz (not overclocked)
BP: I don't remember the name but it's like 500W, like FSP.
SSD 120 gb, HDD 500 gb.
And yes, I know that my PC is something else, then I’ll assemble a computer for myself later
21 Comments
Sort by:
c
chelix 20.01.23

And I’ll add: in some games, the FPS just went up, for example, the same lane

L
Len4ik00N 20.01.23

Chelix
In 2022, the GTX 550 ti cannot be new in any way - it’s worth looking in this direction (how much dust is there, how long ago the thermal paste was changed, what the temperatures are there and how it holds the frequencies), but first of all, you need to figure out the drivers. Try downloading drivers from the website of the video card manufacturer (Asus, Palit or whatever you have), after completely removing the old ones. Or on your own, manually download the latest firewood for your card from the Nvidia website (also after deleting the old ones)

c
chelix 20.01.23

Len4ik00N
As I wrote in the post, drivers are not installed from the NVIDIA website. And there are no drivers on the Asus website for the GTX550 ti. I don’t really want to switch to Windows 10, maybe it won’t help suddenly - I don’t want to suffer

D
Denis Kyokushin 20.01.23

chelix
Maybe bought a fake? GPU-Z that shows?

C
CR0MWeLL 20.01.23

the chelix,
as written in the previous post, may be a fake, but I had something similar - the upper FPS threshold was higher, and the average lower, in general, it was decided by replacing the PSU

L
Len4ik00N 20.01.23

chelix
chelix wrote:
There are no drivers for the GTX550 ti on the asus website.
It's funny, but I found the driver there in a couple of clicks. Not under Windows 10/11, of course, given the venerable age of the card, but up to Windows 8 everything is there - you can try to install it (if you suddenly need it in the future).
Spoilerhttps://www.asus.com/supportonly/engtx550_series/helpdesk_download/

K
Kartonkratos 20.01.23

chelix
Is it really so difficult to write nvidia drivers in the search engine? and there you can find a bunch of firewood for a particular card! for all windows xp, vista, 7, 8, 10, 11, and for 32 and 64 bit systems! here you go: https://www.nvidia.ru/download/Find.aspx?lang=ru

K
Kartonkratos 20.01.23

chelix
And the fact that they were not installed for you, and for the fact that you downloaded the driver for the wrong Windows or bit depth!

D
Denis Kyokushin 20.01.23

Kartonkratos
On the site of non-vision only under 10 and older there is for 550Ti:
https://www.nvidia.ru/download/driverResults.aspx/132986/ru
The author does not want to put 10-ku

M
MunchkiN 616 20.01.23

old drivers are a must have. for sure 250 worked with drivers newer than 2011-12 in this pitch (maybe they didn’t even need to be reinstalled)
and as for the loss of performance, 250 is sort of like a simplified 9800 zhth and 550ti you need to look at what kind of card. there may be performance loss due to the memory bus for example and overall bandwidth or due to the chip.
or just dx11 can work slower than dx9-10. or just an incomplete line psl express card is so weak that the express line probably does not make sense to her. it all seems quite old to me, because the code I collected was not for games with 650ti, it seems that it was somewhere at a level faster than the radeon 4870x2 in the games I was interested in and was faster than 285zhth because the latter pulled the goats reapers 2 n ultras in high resolution.
here it's probably worth looking for benchmarks on the Internet and comparing it with your own performance both at stands and in games at the same resolution settings. if there is no big difference, then the card was basically a downgrade. the only thing she has dx11 and 250 and ode 9800zhth is not.

as for the drivers, the latest for 500 under windows 7 seems to be 391.35 WHQL 2018

c
chelix 20.01.23

Denis Kyokushin
The card is not fake. Everything is fine in GPU-Z

D
Denis Kyokushin 20.01.23

chelix
Well, then I can only offer a 10-ku put 🤷

K
Kartonkratos 20.01.23

Denis Kyokushin
Well, yes, but for some reason I managed to find firewood for his video card?! even for xp, as well as for vista and windows 7 64 and 32 bit! here for xp https://www.nvidia.ru/download/driverResults.aspx/105200/ru,
vista https://www.nvidia.ru/download/driverResults.aspx/102402/ru,
windows 7 https:// www.nvidia.ru/download/driverResults.aspx/119418/ru and here's the newest https://www.nvidia.ru/download/driverResults.aspx/132860/ru
cheliks here, too, read and download what you need!

P
Palych Rokov 20.01.23

I have a feeling that the topic was created by a troll. 2022 is in the yard, there was a GTS 250, well, let's say, I got 550ti somewhere, how much is its price? 500 rubles? 550ti is newer than gts 250 and how then interesting on wine 11 firewood got on gts 250 if they are older than 550ti? In short, the topic is some kind of rut

D
Denis Kyokushin 20.01.23

Kartonkratos
So we are talking about the 11th Win. Why does he need a 7 if he doesn’t even want to go to the 10?

chelix
What else can I offer? If you wish, you can post screenshots with full monitoring at the moments of FPS landings here, because the 550Ti cannot shoot video. Here's how mine is with 570GTX :
Spoiler Palych Rokov SpoilerRemember, I wrote you about anti-aliasing x8 in Clear Sky on 570GTX?

K
Kartonkratos 20.01.23

Denis Kyokushin
I didn't even notice that it was about Windows 11!? and it didn’t even occur to me for the fact that the ancient video cards!

J
JusFly_Herp 20.01.23

Palych Rokov
why does he need it then?

D
Denis Kyokushin 20.01.23

Kartonkratos Inattention. It
happens🤷

JusFly_Herp
PG keeps on bots. If there are those who want to take an active part in disputes, then why not create a tro-lo-lo "twig" for activity on the site?

c
chelix 20.01.23

Palych Rokov
Crazy thoughts you have. I really don’t know how my drivers were installed on the GTS250, I downloaded them all automatically through the driver hub.

c
chelix 20.01.23

Denis Kyokushin
Are you sure it's because of the drivers? Like, I suspect that this is a motherboard, because it has PCI 1.0 and the GTX550ti has PCI 2.0