3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
W
Watapachi 20.01.23 04:03 pm

Help with choosing accessories

Good afternoon guys,
please tell me the solution to my question:
I have a computer i5-7500, vidyaha 1060 6GB, RAM 16 GB ddr4, memory devices all SSD.
I want to replace the video card with a 3060,
the question is, will this give me an increase in games? Will red dead 2 and cyberpunk run with ultra settings and beams in full hd?
or would it be more expedient to replace the motherboard where there is a Pci-e 4 version, and a newer one?
Or is it still a bunch of i5-7500 + 3060 capable of ultra pulling cyberpunk with rays?
92 Comments
Sort by:
F
Focus 20.01.23

Watapachi
RDR 2 doesn't have rays as far as I know. You can play on ultras, with regards to ultras and cyberbugs, it’s hard to say, without rays it will definitely be a good FPS, but with xs rays. Save up and take something better than 3060 is not an option or is it on fire?

W
Watapachi 20.01.23

Focus
can be 3070, or 3070 TI, but is there any point in adding 15k to the row of bundles - a bad percentage and a more or less good video card

01001000 01101001 20.01.23

Watapachi
your percentage must be changed. It should have been changed at least 5 years ago. He will be a serious plug in the aforementioned cyberpunk and rdr2. The processor is overloaded in almost all new projects.
Consider this. And so, in any assembly you will be told to make a priority on the video card. Think about the 2060Super (should be cheaper), and look at the 8700 through coffee on your platform.
3070Ti - forget it. Not worth the overpayment. 3070 is brought to mind by overclocking and an undervolt. The difference there is negligible, but the 3070 is clearly cheaper.
For FullHD, 3060 is enough for you. For 2.5k, it makes sense to add up to 3070. See for yourself. But the percent to change in ANY case, 7500 will merge the card, it is enough to open it in Google, and the mentioned cyberpunk is gluttonous to the processor. Look at 8700 on Ali for cheap. There is a computer on the Z170 - it works well for itself. Well, this is so that the platform does not change, otherwise the funds will fly.
PS and rdr2 and ktberpunk you will run ultras in FullHD and with rays.
i5-7500
RTX 3060 rays
3070 vs 3070ti
If you don't disdain, think about AMD cards - the price / performance ratio is higher there, but then the nvidia chips fly off.

M
MunchkiN 616 20.01.23

01001000 01101001 wrote:
Consider this. And so, in any assembly you will be told to make a priority on the video card. Think about 2060Super (it should be cheaper)
it won't take cyberpunk to full black and ddr2 at max max too. rdr2 has even more load than cyberpunk and if vsaa turn on peck-peck. only if you play with some kind of dlss. I definitely don't think it's worth buying this card now. for cyber fart for full black at least some 2080 for a stable 30 fps.

The processor can be replaced, but I think now this is not paramount for modern 30fps games. then you can switch to some kind of ddr5 psl express 4.0.

D
Denis Kyokushin 20.01.23

Watapachi
AMD has an unpleasant power-saving feature: core frequency drop + starters/freezes at this moment. This will be especially felt if the percentage is weak for AMD cards. And your percentage is weak. If you take from AMD, then you need to clarify whether there is a possibility through the BIOS disable the power saving option
. Some manufacturers import this option with software .

L
Loken 20.01.23

Denis Kyokushin
The decrease in the frequency of the GPU core is a consequence of the drop in performance, and not the cause of this drop. And the reason for the fall is the poor optimization of AMD firewood in some games for different dx, especially often for dx11, the rebuild of which they started with the release of 6000 cards. Locking the GPU frequency through mpt with power saving off does not solve the problem of these stutters. The problem is solved either by switching to dx12, or to the volcano, or by using dxvk on a crutch, from game to game.
In RDR2, these statters are also on dx12, the transition to the volcano can help.

Here they supposedly fixed the stutters in the Window on dx11. Although in fact they didn’t fix a damn thing as of October this year, they basically like to write that they fixed some kind of problem, when in fact they don’t fix a damn thing, and in the “known problems” paragraph for many years now they have been hanging alone and the same jambs. Although there is a larger list, they shuffle it back and forth.
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-22-8-2

D
Denis Kyokushin 20.01.23

Loken
Well, then the author should not take AMD

L
Loken 20.01.23

Denis Kyokushin
No, the problem is not so widespread and does not concern a large number of games. A normal percentage with memory and the habit of switching to dx12 / vulkan will reduce it to almost 0 in general. In some exotic cases, you can download dxvk. It's just that users who have switched from old green cards to new radiks are used to the fact that dx11 is a must-have, but you need to try everything on radiks.

T
TopPCGamer 20.01.23

Watapachi wrote:
Or is the i5-7500 + 3060 bundle capable of ultra pulling cyberpunk with beams?
Cyberpunk with rays is not even able to pull out 4090, only with dlss, if it’s in 4k, I won’t say for lower resolutions, but 3060, in theory, will pull it out at 1080p without rays, but I don’t know your crap. CPU-dependent toy

B
Beirut 20.01.23

Watapachi lol
what rays? why do you need them
why do you need a new card?
just download EZ Optimizer 2.0+ and set the graphics to max there and play, you will get
fps if you cut off taa you will get not only even more fps, but light like your rays with this
mod configs)
and you save a lot of money, it makes no sense to compensate for the curvature of the Poles with money

D
Denis Kyokushin 20.01.23

Loken
Yes, I tried both Volcano and DX12. In RDR2 on the volcano, the picture is soapy, and so, they differ little in performance

E
Evil in the flash 20.01.23

Denis Kyokushin
Hike it depends on the specific game. For example, in DOOM on the Volcano, I didn’t notice soap, but in RDR 2, blurring is immediately evident.

g
getjet 20.01.23

Denis Kyokushin
My "soap" on the volcano in RDR2 and in other games went away when switching from a soap monitor 1080p to 1440p. The main thing is not to overdo it with the size, for 2560 * 1440 it is optimal no more than 27 "or for 3440 * 1440 no more than 34", i.e. keep the pixel density at least 109-110 PPI

L
Loken 20.01.23

Denis Kyokushin
This concerns the actual 6000 radicals.
Approximately similar picture was observed on 6600xt, the 11th direct was better only in dota and pubg.

D
Denis Kyokushin 20.01.23

Evil in the flash
GetJet
I've been suspecting for a long time that games deliberately think in favor of high resolutions. But these are just Loken's suspicions

Well
, yes, some games have a significant increase in DX12. we see the differences, otherwise, why promote it?

P
Palych Rokov 20.01.23

Denis Kyokushin wrote:
core frequency drop + starters/freezes at this moment. This will be especially felt if the percentage is weak for AMD cards. And your percentage is weak. If you take from AMD, then you need to clarify whether it is possible to disable the power saving option through the BIOS. Some manufacturers import this option with software
. AMD cards from the 5000 series still have such that when the load drops, it starts to drop frequencies, but staters / friezes may not appear at the same time, you definitely don’t need to climb into Beavis cards, there are all kinds of programs such as MPT, but you don’t have to resort to them, AMD has very wide-functional drivers and overclocking options are present in the firewood initially, you can lock the minimum GPU frequency there, but there’s no particular show off from this
Denis Kyokushin wrote:
In RDR2, in San Dani, the percentage will be hammered into a hundred, if MSAA is not unscrewed to its fullest
RDR2 runs quite normally on any 8-core, even on 8-thread stones it is comfortable for her, but she eats video like a crocodile
Loken wrote:
The decrease in the frequency of the GPU core is a consequence of the drop in performance, and not the cause of this drop.
The result is not a drop in performance, but a drop in the loading of the map.
Loken wrote:
And the reason for the fall is the poor optimization of AMD firewood in some games for different dx, especially often for dx11, which they started rebuilding with the release of 6000 cards. Locking the GPU frequency through mpt with power saving off does not solve the problem of these stutters. The problem is solved either by switching to dx12, or to the volcano, or by using dxvk on a crutch, from game to game.
In RDR2, these statters are also on dx12, the transition to the volcano can help.
I've been using 6900xt for a year, there are no problems with firewood at all, the fact that AMD has poor optimization for dx11 is nonsense, the card also pulls dx11 perfectly, in games that are built on UE4 I have repeatedly noticed that switching to dx11, on the contrary, gives a boost for a rare exception. Let's say Evil Dead and Godfall on dx12 are disgusting, the frametime line is all in a zigzag like a beat, but with dx11 everything is fine. As for RDR 2, it's stater on dx12, but on the volcano everything is fine, there are no visual differences, but on the volcano the FPS is a little better.
Loken wrote: A
normal percentage with memory and the habit of switching to dx12 / vulkan will reduce it to almost 0 in general
not all games have support for dx12 and volcano, it's only UE4 projects that allow you to choose, but it doesn't work well everywhere Denis Kyokushin
wrote: If you play on a monitor at its native resolution, then you probably won’t feel the difference, the trouble is to play on a monitor at a resolution lower than its native Denis Kyokushin wrote: Well, yes, in some games there is a significant increase in DX12. DX11. We must see the differences, otherwise why promote it?

No one is promoting anything, this or that api is a tool for developers and makes it easier to achieve the goal. It's like retracing, before you had to draw all the reflections manually, but now the video card does it for you, if it can handle it of course

D
Denis Kyokushin 20.01.23

Palych Rokov
I wrote that the i5 7500 will be hammered into a hundred:

Was it difficult to find a test?

L
Loken 20.01.23

Palych Rokov wrote:
The result is not a drop in performance, but a drop in the loading of the map.
So the drop in the loading of the map does not occur, because she just wanted to at the moment. The drop in the loading of the map is due to a drop in the performance of the game, whether the percentage is cancer there, the memory or the engine itself, it doesn’t matter.
Palych Rokov wrote:
I've been using 6900xt for a year, there are no problems with firewood at all, the fact that AMD has poor optimization for dx11 is nonsense, the card pulls perfectly and dx11 including
This is not nonsense, it's a given. If this was nonsense, people would not need to invent such crutches https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/xme01w/if_you_are_having_hardware_acceleration_issues_or/
and there would be no such analysis from Adrenaline https://adrenaline.com.br/artigos/v/73403/amd-ta-horrivel-em-dx11-testamos-pra-descobrir-o-que-aconteceu
Yes, and the same DXVK would not have received such distribution on Windows among AMD users.
As I wrote, the problem is not so common as to refuse to buy a radio for games because of it. And most often it occurs at high loads on the percent or poor optimization of the game-firewood-percent. You play 4k with low fps on an Intel processor, which in such conditions does not even feel the load, it is not surprising that you have not encountered this.

Yes, there are no problems with firewood, but there is a "known problems" item in the patch notes. And some errors hang there really for years. I especially felt all the charm of "amd firewood has no problems" when I bought the 5600xt. And the frills with acceleration and video playback in the browser, which just started with 5000 cards, are generally a thrill. When you open some video and, transferring it to the second monitor, you wonder if the picture with the notification after the reboot "unforeseen system error, whatman paper has been restored" will hang now - at these moments you especially understand that amd firewood has no problems. How many updates in a row this error hung in "known problems", then they released firewood, where nothing was said about it, but the problem did not go away. At the same time, I didn’t have such errors either on 2070s or on 3080, yes, even on the ancient rykse 470 at one time there was nothing like this, even on the even more ancient HD 4890 it was not. AMD started to screw up with the release of exactly 5000 cards. Yes, with 6000 cards it’s not as bad as with 5000, if you don’t go beyond “games, browser, one monitor” and many users don’t encounter games / situations in which there are problems, but the problems themselves won’t get anywhere disappear.

D
Denis Kyokushin 20.01.23

Loken
Well, you yourself refused Radik, you play on 3080

L
Loken 20.01.23

Denis Kyokushin The
person who cheaply fitted this 3080 to me rarely carried red cards. I would fit 6900xt, I would take it without problems.
Although I will not hide, there were tense moments with the 6600xt, but they did not concern games.