3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
|
|666|Reaper 20.01.23 04:25 pm

Story (BioShock)

I liked the demo but it seemed to me that the plot was a banplen type, looking for one crazy city that is known about the plot write here !!!!
85 Comments
Sort by:
M
MadRushn 20.01.23

LAST CHANCE - SPOILERS AHEAD
Here are my thoughts on the plot after playing through the game.

1. You are the son of Ryan

- Even at the very beginning of the game you find a record that the bathyscaphe and the key to the city are programmed on Ryan's DNA, but because of some jamb, any of his relatives can use them.

Ryan kills a prostitute in Fort Frolick for selling "something important" to Fontaine. It also says that she was pregnant, but there is no other word about the child.

-In general, there are many memories of that girl, for example, about frequent meetings with someone in Arcadia.

-When you finally get to Ryan himself, he does not want to fight you, although before that he did everything possible to get rid of Jack (the Main character). It is interesting that this happens after he sees the hero for the first time up close - maybe this is due to the fact that he recognized him?

2. The main character at the time of the game is only 2-3 years old.

- We can find records of Dr. Sachong's experiment on accelerating the growth of children and hypnosis manipulation. A recording where he says that a one year old child has the development of a 19 year old and forces him to kill the puppy.

- Judging by the character, he has the visual development of a man of 25-30 years old, but judging by the situation in the game, 9 months have passed since the devastation began in the city and was "killed" by Fontaine.

3. Big daddies are actually prisoners on death row.

- By the time Sachong started working for the Daddies, he already had experience in mind control (creating the main character)

- We find an entry that talks about the introduction of the death penalty in Rapture, but nothing more about it.

- Judging by the responses about the Daddies, they caused a clear disgust in all the inhabitants, so it is unlikely that anyone would voluntarily agree to such a fate. However, in a conversation between Ryan and Sachong, the former claims that "volunteers will be found."

- And in general, what else to do with prisoners in the "ideal city"? There are no prisons.

4. Now the big question is, did Ryan really die?

-of course we saw how Jack kills him with a stick, BUT:

-Recovery cameras are scattered throughout the city, which are programmed with Ryan's DNA (therefore they can be used by Jack, but not splicers).

-There is only one camera in Ryan's office that is initially OFF.

- Could it be that with his "death" Ryan achieves two things - on the one hand, he opens his son's eyes to the fact that Fontaine controls him, and on the other hand, he escapes from his office, reborn in a remote cell.

That's probably all. Your ideas?

ps Some ideas are taken from the gamefax forum.

N
Navalny 20.01.23

It's good for those who know English... For example, I went through Bioshock superficially, without opening bonus places. Conversations, records, everything was passed on deaf ears. But the plot caught, though not until the end.
The main character had tattoos on his arms in the form of chains, what does that mean?

d
darkvm 20.01.23

I’m still in bioshock in the Medical pavilion, I don’t understand much at all, so I’m on a pause for now, I’m waiting for a normal crack, because I want to understand the plot.

N
Navalny 20.01.23

Headhunter:
Personally, I went through the game, I'll wait for the Russian and already being a little aware of all this chaos, I'll go through it again, slowly :-))

D
DoOoT 20.01.23

Damn, I went through this bioshock, like the plot during the whole game was not bad ... but the end of the ep, I also turned out to be the worst person, that's for sure! Passed saving almost all the sisters.

I wonder what the ending will be if you kill girls the whole game?

I
Illius 20.01.23

If you kill at least 3 girls, you will get an evil ending.

Spoiler.

In the evil ending, it is explicitly said that you are Ryan's son. Yes, and throughout the game it is remembered. What are the photos of that prostitute who gave away the child and the portrait of Mr. Andrew, from which two arrows extend and point to the only portrait of Messrs.

Q
Q Lord 20.01.23

I wonder if the frequent death of the protagonist, and his resurrection, will affect the ending ???

Тpyn 20.01.23

No

M
MrAl 20.01.23

In the evil ending, it is explicitly said that you are Ryan's son. Yes, and throughout the game it is remembered. What are the photos of that prostitute who gave away the child and the portrait of Mr. Andrew, from which two arrows extend and point to the only portrait of Messrs.
The fact that he was a relative I guessed back in Neptune's Bounty. One of the magazines says that only a person with Ryan's genes can use the bathyscaphe.

Q
Q Lord 20.01.23

Yes, it's a shame, I did not catch the plot from the game. This affects the poor knowledge of English. Now I'm playing in a location where a certain maniac asks you to kill four freaks and take a picture, and then frame it.
And now a question for those who caught the plot! Who is this maniac? Who does he demand to kill and take a picture? And how much is left until the end of the game?

J
Jakes_D 20.01.23

Interesting storyline.

V
Vlad1692 20.01.23

You can congratulate me, I went through the whole game without codes, only at the end I had to use it, otherwise it turned out that 1 first-aid kit, there was 0 cartridge in everything, there was nothing and a bunch of splicers, and then without codes and Fontein without codes. In the end, I went outside with Rapcher and I didn’t understand what happened next. Just realized Ryan's father

R
Rockman[KZ] 20.01.23

Q-Lord
This is not a maniac, but a researcher =)

M
MrAl 20.01.23

Vlad1692
My congratulations. After all, not like anything, but already almost without codes. Dad right :)

H
Hawk_ 20.01.23

Rockman[KZ]
This is not a researcher, but an artist =)

x
xGODx 20.01.23

Finished the game 2 times. I am going through for the 3rd time. I really liked the toy ... Here I had 1 question. Who is Atlas? Moreover, throughout the game we often meet such posters. Fantain is clear who. But Atlas... Funtain took his radio and kept in touch with us. But still. Who is Atlas???

H
Hawk_ 20.01.23

Such a question is discussed on the official forum.
In my opinion, Atlas is just a fictional character.

I
Illius 20.01.23

Are you kidding me ?
Atlas is Fontaine!!! My God... What were you listening to? He confesses! Atlas made up. Atlas - Fontaine. In general, for those who still have questions, please go here
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/file/924919/50049
The complete history of Rapture. Even Ryan's biography and city building.

x
xGODx 20.01.23

He's probably made up. Where did the posters come from??? Maybe Fantain hung them up himself to confuse him??? In any case, Atlas is a white spot in the plot. Or maybe we didn’t find something or didn’t catch it ??? I remember when I was running around Arcadia, I came across a wall hung with posters. Fantein said that he (Atlas) killed someone and now everyone is chasing him. I can't say exactly what he said, but it is connected with the murder.

2 illius Actually it is so everyone knows it. But who is Atlas??? Why does everyone in their right mind (including Ryan) know Atlas. Why did Fantain take his name??? Atlas is definitely an existing character, but he is hidden. Perhaps for a sequel or addon.

I
Illius 20.01.23

Read the article at my link. You will understand...