3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
|
|666|Reaper 20.01.23 04:25 pm

Story (BioShock)

I liked the demo but it seemed to me that the plot was a banplen type, looking for one crazy city that is known about the plot write here !!!!
85 Comments
Sort by:
E
ERHater 20.01.23

I sympathize :)

H
HankoK [Come Schaub to le 20.01.23

In:
All actions of the game take place in an underwater city called Rapture. It has a very interesting history. The Rapture was built in 1946 by an industrialist named Andrew Ryan. He was far from enthusiastic about society on the surface of the Earth and decided to create his ideal state deep under water. "There was nothing impossible about building the Rapture underwater," he says. "It would be impossible to build it anywhere else." The main feature of Ryan's empire was that he gathered in his city exclusively scientists and thinkers, who, according to his idea, should have completely devoted themselves to science. Unfortunately, he forgot about such a banal thing as everyday life. There were quite a few luminaries of science in Rapture and they all needed hot food, fresh linen and timely repair of their equipment. Realizing your miscalculation Ryan settled in the city and ordinary people, giving them work in the service industry. Now his world was no different from the world on the surface from which he had escaped. Rapture society very quickly split into rich and honorable citizens and impoverished commoners who do their dirty work for them.
The situation was aggravated by the appearance of a third party. In the depths of the sea, a young German woman scientist named Bridgette Tenenbaum (Bridgette Tenenbaum) discovered a slug-like mollusk unknown to science. By itself, as a creature, he was of little interest to people, they were interested in his body. The fact is that the mollusk consisted of cells very similar to human stem cells and was the source of a substance called ADAM. This substance opened up completely new horizons for Rapture scientists: with its help, it was possible to change the human genetic code as you like. ADAM made it possible to rejuvenate people, accelerate the growth process in children, change appearance in the most incredible way, develop immunity to all diseases, and even unlock paranormal abilities. Naturally, all this was available only to the rich part of the Rapture population, which caused great discontent among the poor. All they needed to rebel was a leader. They became a man named Frank Fontaine (Frank Fontaine), a cunning and uncompromising businessman who made a fortune on smuggling in Rapture of goods from outside and speculation ADAM'om. It was he who led the prolitarians against Ryan. An arms race began, with increased use of genetic mutations, which very quickly nullified all the valuable ADAM's reserves. In addition, too frequent changes in the DNA code led to the degeneration of the Rapture population and their transformation into splicers (Splicers) - zombified monsters, constantly craving a new portion of ADAM'a. However, this was only to Ryan's advantage: by controlling ADAM, he controlled all the splicers. And for the almost industrial extraction of this most valuable substance, Dr. Tenenbaum developed a program called " leaving only one instruction - to collect ADAM and sent to the streets of Rapture. "Little sisters" walked the streets of the city and pumped out ADAM from corpses. Despite the fact that the implanted mollusk protected the child, instantly healing wounds, this protection was not enough. In order for the girls to be completely safe, each of them was assigned a "big daddy" (Big Daddy) - genetically modified people, enclosed in a hard diving suit. Their only task was to protect the "little sisters". leaving only one instruction - to collect ADAM and sent to the streets of Rapture. "Little sisters" walked the streets of the city and pumped out ADAM from corpses. Despite the fact that the implanted mollusk protected the child, instantly healing wounds, this protection was not enough. In order for the girls to be completely safe, each of them was assigned a "big daddy" (Big Daddy) - genetically modified people, enclosed in a hard diving suit. Their only task was to protect the "little sisters". (Big Daddy) - genetically modified people, prisoners in a hard diving suit. Their only task was to protect the "little sisters". (Big Daddy) - genetically modified people, prisoners in a hard diving suit. Their only task was to protect the "little sisters".
In December 1959, calm finally left Rapture: led by a certain Atlas (Atlas), the working class took up arms and blood flowed, and just on New Year's Eve. Many people died, and some of the surviving members of the elite (including Ryan and Dr. Tenenbaum) barricaded themselves in their laboratories or homes.
The game begins with a plane crash that our main character, Jack, gets into just not far from the Rapture. He survives and on the bathysphere gets into the city. Atlas helps him survive in this now dangerous place, supplying Jack with instructions on a shortwave radio transmitter. I must say that the help of Atlas turned out to be very useful for Jack, since Ryan, watching him through security cameras, mistook him for a CIA or KGB agent and constantly sent splicers to destroy him. Also, the former ruler of the city launched pheromones into the ventilation system, so Jack had no choice but to change his own DNA. I must say that from the Atlas side, helping Jack was not at all disinterested. He asked the newcomer to rescue his wife and son, who had been kidnapped by Ryan and kept under guard in a submarine. Incredible but the fact is that the submarine belonged to Fontaine, who from the very beginning was in cahoots with Ryan. Unfortunately, Jack failed to save them, as Ryan blew up the boat right before his eyes. Naturally, after what happened, Atlas' only desire was to kill Ryan, and our hero had to do it. Reaching the former head of the city, Jack learned the shocking truth: he is also a child of Rapture. He was born 2 years ago here from Ryan's relationship with a prostitute named Jasmine Jolene and genetically modified to accelerate growth. In addition, he went through Fontaine's school of assassination and was "programmed" to carry out orders that began with the words "Would you kindly ..." ("Would you kindly"). But it was with these words that all the requests of Atlas began. Fontaine sent Jack to the "outside world" before the start of the whole mess with the task of capturing the plane and crashing it near the entrance to the Rapture. Jack kills Ryan, but is nearly killed himself by a security system set up by Fontaine. He is rescued by Dr. Tenenbaum and her "little sisters". Together they pursue the smuggler and overtake. Fontaine injects himself with a horse dose of ADAM and mutates into a terrible monster, with whom Jack fights in the final battle.

h
hou5e 20.01.23

At the moment when Jack comes to the bathyscaphe, in which, as it were, the family of Atlas (Fontaine) was, in the window you can see a man - Atlas (Fontaine), but he could not be him, because he does not look like Fontaine at all. Therefore, the identity of this person remains a secret. Perhaps this was the real Atlas.

G
Gamerock 2009 20.01.23

The people will pass, have gone through a tgruhu, just a thing, a couple of questions.
1) I had a good ending, and so he dies there at the end of the video.
2) what kind of tattoo does he have.
3) what's in the bad ending.

Z
Zexer333 20.01.23

1-Well, he is already old.
2-about the tattoo x3
3-Well, in short, and the splicers come to the surface, wet people and launch nuclear crap.

D
Dexter89 20.01.23

in the end, and the sisters are not small anymore ...

a
astrozombie 20.01.23

if you kill all the sisters, then where do the normal ones come from?

w
weller 20.01.23

First, Ryan does not kill a prostitute, but a cabaret singer, Jasmine. Because she sold the embryo (from which Jack was later grown with the help of Tennebaum and Dr. Suchong) to Fontaine. In Fort Frolic, a poster hangs everywhere on the walls - "Jasmine is Ryan's favorite girl." Secondly, the tattoo on GG's arms is the great chain Ryan talks about all the time. The chain that united people in order for them to get into Rapture. Thirdly, Atlas could not be a fictional character. He could be the real person that Fontaine killed and took on his appearance. Just like Fontaine then kills Diana McClintock, who finds out that Atlas is not the person he claims to be. She could know the real Atlas and realize she was seeing another human. Fourthly, in the Little Sisters program, Fontaine was the main customer, it was he who created orphanages for little sisters, taking them away from their parents in order to make them "Little Sisters". In Rapchura, posters hang everywhere on the walls: "Shelter for Fontaine's Little Sisters", where a girl is on one arm, and a smiling Fontaine is on the other.

The good ending is that Jack saved the little girls, gave them a chance for a new life and in return received a family that he was deprived of.
The bad ending is that Jack gained power over the Rapture and all the splicers who break out to the surface and begin to take over the world.

D
Dexter89 20.01.23

astrozombie
so you don't kill all the sisters who live in the city...

w
weller 20.01.23

For reference: I updated the Russian Wikipedia article about the game. It was too outdated and incomplete. Therefore, I rewrote the plot description, added characters and everything related to the gameplay. For the more interested, I recommend reading Ayn Rand's 'The Fountainhead' and 'Atlas Shrugged' by Ayn Rand to get an idea of ​​where Ken Levine and Co. got their ideas for the story. These books are in Russian translation in online libraries.

A
A.Soldier of Light 20.01.23

Aftar is either a Martian, or he just needs to kill up the wall. The plot is not trite nifiga - do not tell a fairy tale. Like Prey, Bioshock has a very original storyline.
Do you want an example of the banal? Play Call of Duty =))

E
Excella Gionne 20.01.23

Completed the entire game in English. I didn't really understand anything. I read about the game on Wikipedia. But in the game they talk a lot and juicy, but I don’t understand. (((And what do you think, why the game is called "BioShock". It is translated from English in the same way. What is there shocking?

a
astrozombie 20.01.23

The fact that playing with their genes, the inhabitants of this city turned into soulless bloodthirsty monsters

E
Excella Gionne 20.01.23

Clear.

a
astrozombie 20.01.23

but that's what I think ;)

a
arte365 20.01.23

the plot is just great

N
New user 20.01.23

The plot is good, in my opinion. Mochilovo-mochilovo, it's good that in different places and with different people - this dilutes the monotony well. Here you have a garden and an apiary and a theater ..

t
tabak96 20.01.23

I agree, the plot is good, better than the second.

n
number 9 large 20.01.23

Afftar Satanist and heretic!11

t
tabak96 20.01.23

He is generally inadequate.