3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
J
Jay C 20.01.23 04:30 pm

Video card connection.

Hello people!
Do not take it for stupidity, because I'm not a teapot, but I already have a pretty solid user experience in owning and assembling a PC. My question is this:
Increasingly, I began to stumble across various forums and I became extremely curious and not very clear at the same time.
Here is an example - we take a powerful video card with two or three 8pin power supplies.
How to connect it correctly? ))))
I myself have an RTX3080Ti, I have it connected to the PSU with one wire with a splitter at the end for 2 to 6 + 2 pins, respectively, everything has been working smoothly and normally for more than a year.
But here on the forums people write that you need to connect a similar video card with two different wires, and not one with a splitter for 2 to 8. Why is that? Or I don't understand something.
It turns out that you connect two separate wires to one 8 pin connector and to the second, and right next to you will have separate 8pins hanging out or what? I just haven’t seen single pci-e wires, they all go one wire and at the end there is a branching into two by 8. The processor is another matter if there is power 2 by 8, so there are two different wires. Or did I misunderstand something from the user's message?
This is someone with 4090 with four connectors on the adapter, do you need to stick four wires? And four separate 8 pins will hang out nearby? Nothing is clear!
Why then do wires with splitters for 2po8 come with the PSU at all?
54 Comments
Sort by:
N
Nvidia VS Amd 20.01.23

potter790
So, so, soooo))) What do we have here?) The guys are hooligans) Ooh, so Loki appeared here. Eh, fun!!! Where have you been? Got a new card? Finally!!!

N
Nvidia VS Amd 20.01.23

Loken wrote:
continue to throw trash to people with alik and ozone without a guarantee.
He loves it) To each his own, as they say.

N
Nvidia VS Amd 20.01.23

01001000 01101001
Hare, I don't support anyone. Rest, fingers, most likely everything has already been worn out by such writings. I remember that even Radisich noticed how you like to play with words and how you dodge in a frying pan. Be simpler and life will seem nicer and people will reach out. Why do you need this srach? I don't understand. And just in case, do an MRI of the brain (this is what I advise you out of old friendship), otherwise, how aggressive you have become.
About Ali. I've already made four orders in a week. And they all go. It is written that they will come at the end of December. God forbid they don't come! I will come to you in person! I spent so much money on them. And the sellers, if they were normal, they could write something. I don't know why they don't write anything when I address them.
Regarding Magic:
He will appear. I am 100% sure of this!

In the meantime, I brought you tea. Yum-yum, peck-peck) Meyayayau))))

Now I'm reading again about 16-pin adapters for video. I want to figure out exactly what's what.

X
X_ray_83 20.01.23

fat-faced

N
Nvidia VS Amd 20.01.23

01001000 01101001
Here, read some useful info instead of trolling kids from our backyard and backyard: X-Ray is on its way! Everyone has gathered here)
Spoiler

p
potter790 20.01.23

lapwing mouse wrote:
Put a new card?
Mining can be moderated until Taiwan is bombed. )))

X
X_ray_83 20.01.23

Here is the official response from Nvidia pro 4090! So do not try to take these adapters and cards.

N
Nvidia VS Amd 20.01.23

01001000 01101001
Baby, don't be mad, drink chamomile tea and ride the pony. Quit about your booze. If you like to drink so much, then this is not for me. Before, three months ago it was possible, but not now. Find a job or something, get married, change your orientation and you will be happy. In addition to alcohol, you don’t know anything and you attribute it to me. If I had drunk as much as you are treating me here, I would not be able to support an expensive woman, a bathhouse, a pet store and buy cards, and I would die from an overdose. Change the plate and help me choose a better 4090. It will be more useful. You are rushing from anger, loneliness and from writing. And you also attribute to me a childish worldview. You better ask Denchik why you got the nickname Rainbow Raccoon. Everything will fall into place) And who, like a girl, cannot say anything in person, but only write. And stop with politics.

X
X_ray_83 20.01.23

MOSHIVURIA lapwing
could not support an expensive woman, a bathhouse, an animal store and buy cards,

N
Nvidia VS Amd 20.01.23

X_ray_83
SpoilerGo to Discord, I'll send you all the contacts and how much everything costs, in terms of relaxation, if we talk about the bathhouse. Ask German Andreevich. That is, me, my joker) Although I don’t particularly want to report to the X-Ray DonetsMan. But okay. But in return, I will also ask for something)

01001000 01101001 20.01.23

That's it, the ending driver drove up: Send

all claims to where the sun does not shine:

N
Nervios 20.01.23

I had an old block with four pins, plowed for more than ten years. I started with a two-core processor, ending with a six-core fx6300. moreover, I also held vidyahu 1650 4GB. Once it almost burned out, it even stank of burnt, and the system unit was hot like a pie after the stove)) did not burn for me was a complete mystery. Then the block began to disassemble more often to clean it from dust, and everything worked) When the block was replaced with a new one, I decided to read reviews on the Internet. My great surprise was how negatively they spoke about it)! In general, as I understood from my modest practice, how to lucky :).

X
X_ray_83 20.01.23

MOSHIVURIA lapwing This is
not a bathhouse for the rabble, there is a lot of dirt, mold and fungus, so leave it to yourself))) I know in what ram all this is implemented at work, you won’t tell me anything new.

N
Nvidia VS Amd 20.01.23

X_ray_83
Spoiler You are confusing with public saunas. Yes, there is nothing there!