3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
F
Fio1337 20.01.23 07:29 pm

Weird game optimization (Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (2022))

Why does this game have such strange optimization and how can it be fixed? I played at 70-90 fps, but I constantly had lags and stutters. I tried different settings but nothing helped. The only setting I haven't touched is the amount of video memory allocated to the game. I thought that the more I set, the better the game will work, but lowering the value from 90% to 80%, I lost lags and stutters. Now the same 70-90 fps were very smooth. I realized that before that the video memory was hitting a cut-off and because of this everything was lagging. But I noticed that the game uses about 7 gigabytes of video memory, although the settings indicate that no more than 5. I set the memory consumption from 80% to 60% and nothing has changed. I still have the same 70-90 fps, but with a video memory consumption of 5.5 gigabytes. And I have a question. If I have free resources (the video card is 70%-80% loaded, the processor is 50% loaded, there is also enough RAM), then why doesn't the game use them? Why can't the game give out more than 90 fps if I still have a large amount of resources.
1 Comments
Sort by:
J
Joker978 20.01.23

Fio1337
the problem is most likely in the processor. But in general, the game again has a problem with the operation of multi-core processors. in the first warzone, this was solved by the "adv.options" configuration file, here it is not clear how to activate it, and whether it will work at all.