3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
Gleb Maikov 28.02.23 08:08 pm

Crashes without errors (Hogwarts Legacy)

The people, someone is faced with the fact that after starting the game, it crashes without any errors at all?

116 Comments
Sort by:
f
flame_xxx 28.02.23

there are super cool settings by default. The game is written in UE4/UE5. I can't say for sure, but the following worked for me:

i found a file called GameUserSettings.ini

It is located approximately at: C:Users{something there}AppDataLocalHogwarts LegacySavedConfigWindowsNoEditor

{something there} - look on the way. This is most likely the name of the computer.

Replaced in this file lines

RecViewDistanceQuality=1

RecAntiAliasingQuality=1

RecShadowQuality=1

RecPostProcessQuality=1

RecTextureQuality=1

RecEffectsQuality=1

RecFoliageQuality=1

RecShadingQuality=1

RecFogQuality=1

RecSkyQuality=1

RecPopulationQuality=1

RecRaytracingQuality=1

In short, I replaced all 3ki with units. After that, I saved the file and tried to run it in a new way. Should help. Try. I hope my comment helps you.

After that restarted the computer. Check that the changes have been applied. After that, try to launch the game again. Helped me... Good luck. I hope this helped you too

K
Kroll_vs 28.02.23

THANK YOU SO MUCH! Everything worked! It was important to restart the computer after applying the settings!

Y
YeRoR 28.02.23

I decided to try this method, it helped! THANK YOU VERY MUCH! My suffering is over thanks to you!

K
Kkaya 28.02.23

for some reason this GameUserSettings.ini does not exist at all

S
Soune 28.02.23

Thank you very much for your advice. It helped and the crashes (for the time being) stopped. Prior to that, it was steadily flying into Hogsmeade, I just loaded and immediately took off.
It seems that the graphics have become a bit worse, but although the game does not crash, the whole thing is exhausted.

2T2B 28.02.23

I don’t have such a folder, is it due to the fact that the game crashes before it starts? Crashes after I press start the game after the letter

A
Alexey Beschetnov 28.02.23

The same garbage, on epileptics, pisos also crashes

D
Donatello2 28.02.23

game crashes right at the beginning after epilepsy warning

I7, 24 RAM, 4 GB vidyuha

Y
YeRoR 28.02.23

Were you able to find a solution to the problem?

U
Uliasmile666 28.02.23

and so do I! I've tried everything, I don't know what's missing. I try to reinstall the game completely

Y
YeRoR 28.02.23

The same thing has already tried all the methods in several articles, I found a forum where people also suffered and shared their own methods, nothing helped AT ALL! If reinstallation helps, keep me posted at least on the forum, then I’ll write that reinstallation helps some ...

U
Uliasmile666 28.02.23

did not help, and I'm at a loss ... why is that

Y
YeRoR 28.02.23

Well, they write on the forum that you need to wait for the release, it will be on February 10 and everyone prays for the patch of the first day and hope that it will fix everything

S
Sméagol 28.02.23

Poor optimization, for many the game devours all the RAM, and therefore crashes!

B
BLRaziel 28.02.23

yes, I noticed that I was eating RAM, as if they were starving))

T
TedBaggins 28.02.23

Yeah, I have 32 gigs and everyone is flying away. A friend has only 16, no flights, but he has a 3080ti, everything is better in terms of performance.

p
p1ngu1n2 28.02.23

The solution has been found.

I tell the sequence of my actions, I don’t know what specifically helped, so I describe each action.
Background, the game was launched, but at some point it crashed and gave out a black screen with a piece of music on an epilepsy warning, then a black screen, the game does not respond and crashes after a while.

1) installing AMD driver version 22.5.1 (outdated driver)

2) Win+R --> msconfig --> boot --> add. parameters --number of processors maximum (in my case 16)

3) find the gameusersettings.ini file in the system through a search on disks. Open through notepad, scroll to the bottom and change all "3" to "1", the bottom line is responsible for ray tracing - write "false".

4) disable all add-ons through steam. content from the deluxe version of the game.

Good luck young wizards!

2T2B 28.02.23

Listen, there is no gameusersettings.ini folder at all, nowhere, I rummaged through all the files, by the way, it doesn’t work at all, it crashes before creating a character, can you tell me the exact location of this folder?

p
p1ngu1n2 28.02.23

drive:Users******AppDataLocalHogwarts LegacySavedConfigWindowsNoEditor/gameusersettings.ini

U
Userr123456789 28.02.23

and if there are zeros