3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
_
_-Nomad-_ 28.02.23 08:27 pm

Most Emotional Games

What games have caused you a whole bunch of emotions - anger, joy, tears, grief? Of the latter, I personally can note The Walking Dead (a heartbreaking finale) and Brothers: Tale of Two Sons (entirely built on spiritual impulses).

63 Comments
Sort by:
L
Last Engineer 28.02.23

Bioshock Infinite, Max Payne 2 - Portal pichal 1,2 -
Deus ex HR lulz, Witcher 1,2 - motherfuck epicpic!1111

S
SignIn 28.02.23

Russian roulette. Emotions - over the edge.

l
loli 28.02.23

What games have caused you a whole bunch of emotions - anger, joy, tears, grief?
Such emotions are caused by any modern game .. with its optimization. g:)

But seriously, the Mass Effect trilogy caused the biggest storm of emotions, even though I'm not an impressionable person.
The plot is quite well conveyed, which involuntarily makes you empathize.
Assassin's Creed 3, the ending is also quite competent. There is a sense of doom at the end.
So offhand. Nothing else stuck in my memory. Basically, empty games for emotions.

_
_-Nomad-_ 28.02.23

Does anyone remember the fight with the striders at the end of HL2 Ep2? While trying to pass it, I really sweated

T
TheoVVar 28.02.23

_-Nomad-_
I am silent about the ending of the episode itself. When I saw the credits, I could not believe that this was ... Everything. The End. And then there's the sad news that there won't be a third episode... I hope the Northwind project will justify the hopes =)

R
Rageinside 28.02.23

Most Wanted. Broke Claudia out of anger.

M
Max Fry 28.02.23

With high ping, almost any network game becomes emotional. Lol.

S
Sepulcher 28.02.23

Silent Hill 2. Six years later, since the game has passed, I do not forget the details of the storyline. She is flawless.

Z
ZELIBOBER 28.02.23

To the moon

|
||| VENTURA ||| 28.02.23

Dominoes

T
TJrus 28.02.23

Spec Ops: The Line. only a moment with phosphorus is worth it

C
Creature 28.02.23

At this time, games practically do not evoke emotions, I still remember playing Painkiller, then everything was there at once: fear, interest and pleasure from passing)

C
Cheater in Law 28.02.23

Max Payne 2 left a melancholy imprint in my soul.
Gothic, on the other hand, left positive emotions from the epic nature of what is happening

V
VoroBey_ka 28.02.23

Yesterday I visited my sister and played Journey, so this game is a real masterpiece

S
Spli 28.02.23

It is the emotions that current games evoke quite rarely, personally for me, although I am a very impressionable person and if I want to shed a tear, I watch something like The Green Mile or Grave of the Fireflies. But all the same, there are games that will forever be in my memory and in my heart.

The Walking Dead by telltale games is an amazing drama, one of the few games I've played through without leaving the monitor. I've never had to worry so much about characters... and probably never, even in films. Further talk about this game would contain a bunch of spoilers, so I won't describe it in more detail.

Then Fahrenheit- let us down a bit with the finale, but the first part of the game was very exciting and interesting, the atmosphere of a kind of foreign series, where the director likes to make sharp turns. I wanted to replay it a bunch of times, because the developers constantly presented us with moral choices.

Next, the game Dark Souls- went through it up and down 5-6 times. For many, this game is an ordinary grind. Many people think that there really is no plot. When I first launched Dark souls, and this was after the release on PC, that is, without any patches for resolution and other things, the game immediately interested me very much with its surroundings. Gloomy colors, an atmosphere of absolute hopelessness and sadness, hollow, leaning against the wall or sitting on the floor, clutching their heads with both hands, soft and at the same time apathetic voices of all the characters. I can’t even express what emotions I felt when I was grabbed by the Raven for the first time, because I didn’t expect it at all, or when I saw a seemingly unremarkable hollow, which lies dreamily on a ledge in the Ruins of New Londo, and looks somewhere into the distance , or when I had my first fight with Artorias, more precisely with his remains, captured and soaked in the abyss, or hearing the bell ringing on the way to the gargoyles. There is not a single stupid and uninteresting boss in this game, it only takes getting through the heaps of bones of the Crypt of the Giants to Nito, the game turns into a kind of horror. Either the plot itself, or even "The Legend of Artorias, Wanderer of the Abyss" makes you plunge into this world of dark fantasy, full of sadness and sorrow. I think all the people who at least a little can penetrate and soak in the spirit of the games, and who played Dark Souls, were not indifferent to him. It's a pity that many people see in it only constant DEATH screens, a bunch of wasted time and nerves, lack of a plot, bad graphics, etc. There is not a single stupid and uninteresting boss in this game, it only takes getting through the heaps of bones of the Crypt of the Giants to Nito, the game turns into a kind of horror. Either the plot itself, or even "The Legend of Artorias, Wanderer of the Abyss" makes you plunge into this world of dark fantasy, full of sadness and sorrow. I think all the people who at least a little can penetrate and soak in the spirit of the games, and who played Dark Souls, were not indifferent to him. It's a pity that many people see in it only constant DEATH screens, a bunch of wasted time and nerves, lack of a plot, bad graphics, etc. There is not a single stupid and uninteresting boss in this game, it only takes getting through the heaps of bones of the Crypt of the Giants to Nito, the game turns into a kind of horror. Either the plot itself, or even "The Legend of Artorias, Wanderer of the Abyss" makes you plunge into this world of dark fantasy, full of sadness and sorrow. I think all the people who at least a little can penetrate and soak in the spirit of the games, and who played Dark Souls, were not indifferent to him. It's a pity that many people see in it only constant DEATH screens, a bunch of wasted time and nerves, lack of a plot, bad graphics, etc. forced to plunge into this world of dark fantasy, full of sadness and sorrow. I think all the people who at least a little can penetrate and soak in the spirit of the games, and who played Dark Souls, were not indifferent to him. It's a pity that many people see in it only constant DEATH screens, a bunch of wasted time and nerves, lack of a plot, bad graphics, etc. forced to plunge into this world of dark fantasy, full of sadness and sorrow. I think all the people who at least a little can penetrate and soak in the spirit of the games, and who played Dark Souls, were not indifferent to him. It's a pity that many people see in it only constant DEATH screens, a bunch of wasted time and nerves, lack of a plot, bad graphics, etc.

In general, I replayed a bunch of a wide variety of games, many of them were very interesting, caused a "Wow" effect, such as NFS Most wanted 2005, or Metal Gear Solid 3. But all the same, those 3 games named above paragraph became the most memorable for me. It's sad that many people think that games are just games, just for a couple of hours, so that the brain can rest. Often we even hear from parents or spouses, “What, are you playing your shooting games again?!” And all the same, for me personally, games are an art, along with literature and cinema. A way for some people to convey their thoughts to others, to show their inner world, but unfortunately every year there are either fewer and fewer talented developers, or developers are really twisted by publishers, which makes them dance to their tune, and worthy games every year comes out less and less. This is sad.

n
nikita2112 28.02.23

Mirror Edge. The ending is just... not even words. Nearly cried. This is the only game that evoked such emotions.

D
Don Thomas Falcone 28.02.23

Heavy Rain

_
_-Nomad-_ 28.02.23

lokkie Yes, yes, the finale of the third Mass Effect, no matter how they scolded it, is very amazing!

J
Jackson[x] 28.02.23

To the moon

M
Max Fry 28.02.23

There were many such games. One of them is named above.