3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
C
Claimer81 28.02.23 08:27 pm

Switching to power-saving mode during a game

I've already seen a similar topic on the forum, but decided to create a new one.
It all started after I decided to make a small upgrade of my PC, here are its components after the upgrade:
processor - Intel Xeon E3-1230v2
Video card - RX570 4GB
PSU - cougar 700w (don't ask where it is)
1155 based on h61 chipset.
Let's go back to the upgrade (I put in a new video card purchased on Avito and bp, also purchased on Avito), for about a week everything worked just wonderfully, but then the problem started.
During the game, the PC began to switch to power saving mode (not always, only sometimes, for example, once a day, but sometimes several times a day). I sinned on temperatures, cleaned the PC, in addition. I inserted another plug into the power supply of the video card, cleaned the contacts on the RAM and the video processor, and it seems like the problem is gone.
3 months passed and the problem returned again, obviously the problem is in the power supply unit or in the video card, I don’t know what to do, I would like to hear some advice from you (now, when switching to power saving mode, firewood sometimes flies).

13 Comments
Sort by:
P
Pavel Rally 28.02.23

Claimer81
Tried to change the power mode in the settings?

C
Claimer81 28.02.23

Pavel Rally
tried, unsuccessfully, with the temperature of the video card in the region of 75 degrees

C
Claimer81 28.02.23

Pavel Rally
sometimes, after a reboot, the firewood of the video card flies and gives error code 22. I just tested in OCCT, the operative, video card, CPU and bp half-hour test at full load passed without any complaints, which I can’t imagine

S
SonyK_2 28.02.23

Claimer81

Claimer81 wrote:
sometimes video card firewood crashes after a reboot... I can't imagine what's the matter

Could this be the issue?

... a video card purchased on Avito and bp, also purchased on Avito ...

If the kit is used, what was done with it before the sale is known to one seller.

C
Claimer81 28.02.23

SonyK_2
yeah, now I cleaned the contacts of the lastiklm, blew the dust out, put it in - two days without problems, let's see what happens next

S
SonyK_2 28.02.23

Claimer81

Claimer81 wrote:
... I cleaned the lastiklm contacts, blew dust off, inserted - two days without problems ...

If after cleaning the contacts for some time everything works fine, and then problems again, it is possible that the contacts are oxidized over time. Either they were originally like that, or someone cleaned them so that the entire protective layer came off.

A
Another Rain 28.02.23

I mean, the PC goes into hibernation/sleep, am I right? Is the computer connected via a UPS?

I had a similar problem, but only the drivers did not fall off. I solved it as follows - set the power settings, as in the screenshot. If you suddenly did not change these parameters, try it, it might help.

Spoiler

C
Claimer81 28.02.23

thanks, I'll try, but so far for more than 2 weeks after cleaning the contacts on the video card and the RAM, the problem has not appeared

C
Claimer81 09.05.23

I've already seen similar threads on the forum, but decided to create a new one.
We started after I decided to do a small upgrade my PC, here are its accessories after the upgrade:
Processor - Intel Xeon E3-1230v2
Video card - RX570 4GB
BP - cougar 700w (do not ask where it is)
1155 basis on the h61 chipset.
We're back to the upgrade (put a new graphics card, purchased at auctiono and PSU, also purchased at auctiono), for about a week everything worked just fine and fine, but then the problem started.
When playing PC went into power-saving mode (not always, only sometimes, like once a day, sometimes a few times a day). I blamed the temperature, cleaned the PC, put in auxiliary power to the video card, cleaned the contacts on the RAM and video card and the problem seemed to go away.
Months passed and the problem returned again, clearly the problem in the PSU or in the video card, I do not know what to do, I would like to hear from you any advice (now when you go into power-saving mode sometimes flies doors).

C
Claimer81 09.05.23

As a result, after two weeks the problem reappeared, I noticed a drop in BP 12v line to 11.4, suggested that the problem may be this, replaced the BP and for about a week, the problem did not appear, let's see what happens

L
Law Rain 09.05.23

Hmm, well, 11.4 is sort of the lowest acceptable value, in theory. Still, a very low and momentary voltage drop below 11.4 might well have caused the problems described above.

So, replacing the PSU might have been a good idea indeed. Unless, of course, you replaced it with some kind of "xas".)

C
Claimer81 09.05.23

It's been about a month and so far everything is fine.

No, I didn't replace it with xas, I replaced it with deepcool

L
Law Rain 09.05.23

Deepcool as a whole is fine. Well, I hope the problem is solved once and for all.