3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
Katanar 28.02.23 08:36 pm

What are the most unoptimized, slow games you remember?

I immediately remember Batman: Arkham Knight, such a fucked up game. For some reason it seems to me that before, the games were more optimized, and they tried better on them ...

47 Comments
Sort by:
g
gennaz 28.02.23

Blair Witch this game is an example of the most disgusting optimization! Despite the fact that the game has the most primitive graphics, the RX 580 and R 5 1500 X were not enough for it.

Spoiler

Yes, and more powerful configurations are hard lit in this game.

Spoiler

https://www.playground.ru/blair_witch_2019/news/igroki_v_blair_witch_stradayut_iz_za_plohoj_optimizatsii-500094

K
Katanar 28.02.23

Kvasilich, If they rely on these patches, then the credibility of them will still deteriorate if the game is crap, I think serious developers will do everything right away in good faith so as not to lose the fans)

K
Katanar 28.02.23

Dogmeat, maybe I was lucky, but my stalker and GTA 4 didn’t slow down much. Well, the fact that the stalker is rubbish is pretty loud, although by and large you are right. Stalker was good at the time of release, there were practically no such free games, and the graphics were good at that time. That's why the game shot, although there is little interesting in it, monotonous missions, everything gets boring very quickly, and there is no longer any strength to re-play, where there is a village of beginners, and beyond. There is no point in playing it right now, there are many similar games that are many times better, at least headlights. But to be honest, when she came out, she hooked me not weakly, it was very interesting to play, right now even nostalgia will not take her out.

L
Lightninggg 28.02.23

GTA IV, of course, and on all platforms (the X360 had the most optimal version, but also not without drawdowns), but I always forgive her for her ambition, a real game of the future.

S
SemiStall 28.02.23

Path of Exile. The game absolutely does not care what kind of computer you have, what is a bucket of 10 years ago, what is the top computer from 2080ti. Drawdowns up to 3 fps will be on both computers.

s
saa0891 28.02.23

From the latest Shadow of the Tomb Raider in Paytiti, this is a tin, to be honest, I haven’t seen such brakes for a long time, despite the fact that the last two parts went fine, well, and also Warhammer 40,000 Inquisitor - Martyr, but it’s more like lags due to servers when generating loot.

E
Erontlop 28.02.23

Rdr2, batman Arkham Knight, metro exodus, nfs rivals, dynasty warriors 9 , street fighter 5, assassin's creed unity

M
Marshal Talyan McKirby II 28.02.23

For me, this is the fourth resident. Management can also be attributed to optimization. Just not those. parts, but the gameplay, which is also extremely important. And in the port of the four on the boyar for control, the bolt was hammered exactly like this. Mouse support is fine. But even the icons were too lazy to redraw. Sit and figure out that the 5 + 6 combo on the screen is a left and right shift. I remember how I played and still burns.

l
legusor 28.02.23

I still remember the nightmarish feces of shellshock 2: bloodtrails. this is the most shitty shit in general among all the games in technical terms.
From modern games, the top of the optimization shit is, undoubtedly, red dead redemption 2, which, with soap turned off, MSAAx4 and maximum settings, is not exported by the duet of 9900K and 2080ti even at 1920x1080.
there's also ride to hell: retribution, but I haven't played it. reviews from pedisan, a member of the LGBT party, you can see on YouTube. about the same with the last two gullmans, but these examples can not be taken seriously.
from the terrible ports on pitch, I remember the nightmarish quality of saints row 2 and GTA 4.
the original pitch-port of resident evil 4 from Ubisoft brought to neuroses when you go to the inventory or map menu, after which the game freezes. and it's also a branded invalid control on the keyboard. let's remember the heroes who died while aiming with the numpad.
and of course, the first two sralkers, which were unplayable until the last patches, especially the clear sky. most of all, the hearth burned from the rally of saves during the loading of the location, well, regular random crashes. from and to without glitches, I could only pass the call of Pripyat.
the port of the first dark souls to computers was unplayable until DSFix appeared.
the pitch port of final fantasy 15 did not fix the video memory leak when entering the character menu during the game. with each input-output, more and more memory is consumed, because the mudlan-developers were not able to unload the data in an elementary way. the higher the graphics settings, the faster the game will crash from lack of VRAM if you enter the menu. it can happen at any moment.
Separately, I note the newfangled games, which, although with support for windows 7, but it is impossible to play them normally on this system, they only work normally on windows 10:
assassins creed odyssey - regular friezes;
resident evil 3 remake - regular friezes;
shadow of the tomb raider - sharp fps drops regardless of graphics settings and resolution;
gears of war 5 - game performance on windows 7 and DX11 is two times lower due to the fact that API support in the game is screwed in the form of a crooked dll-crutch.
I also remembered two snags - sacred 2 and spellforce 3.
The situation with games is the same, approximately like with sralker at one time: several dozen patches were released for each game, only after that it became possible to play them. spellforce 3 has remained a mess even after FORTY patches. I was able to complete it after the twenty-fifth patch, before that everything was unbearable there.
On the release, I had a chance to play spacehulk: deathwing, which on gtx 1080 gave out 9-20 fps even at the minimum in 720p. then they released an enhanced edition, but judging by the reviews, the game itself is not worth the time and money at all.
assassins creed unity I remember as the game with the worst graphics in the series, when even at maximum settings all the textures were extremely blurred right before my eyes. a particularly vile picture was in the landscapes; so you climbed onto the house and look into the soap. the developers fatally failed in LoD-folds.
there is also a recent vyser left alive, where absolutely everything is terribly done, the technical side - in the first place.

D
DemonXL1440 28.02.23

Starship Troopers...

L
Lvinomord 28.02.23

GTA 4, Fallout 4, Kingdom Come: Deliverance,

z
z8TiREX8z 28.02.23

Katanar
Cyberpunk, the most, the most.

s
sergeu78 28.02.23

ghost recon wildlands, breakpoint, division 2

m
mxin 28.02.23

GTA 4 SHUT UP EVERYONE!

D
Demon2342 28.02.23

Vanilla Gothic 3 (yes, I couldn't help but mention it!) and GTA 4, perhaps.

M
Max P 28.02.23

Mafia 3 has a particularly high entry threshold for high FPS on the GPU side.

p
potter790 28.02.23

As GTA4 often flashes here, rogue bastards are fired like pirates without pale. xD))
It was on a pirate that the camera was moving in all directions, but on a license it was all great.
--------
The most unoptimized, hmm, my personal top looks like this:
1. Definitely the first place for Kingdom Come: Deliverance, it still has problems.
2. Watch Dogs 2, the same, she still has problems.
3. Elite Dangerous: Odyssey. She has fewer problems now, and they are corrected, but at the start it was just a finish.
4. Horizon Zero Dawn and Detroit Become Human, for a crooked port from consoles. In general, the optimization in them was normal, and quite playable, not counting the memory leak, which was fixed simply by freeing up space on the hard drive. But graphene, which is absolutely not optimized for a boyar bakery, is just blood from the eyes in that contrast of soap with a drawing distance.
5. And closes the top standard of shameless arrogance from the great rockstar games, with their RDR2 breaking through the bottom, in which they simply brazenly cut off the VRAM, and as a result it also turned out that she can’t even do 4K, and this is in the game of 2019, and what it does not exist to this day. Neither graphene nor optimize to this day. I would generally put her in first place, because of that impudence that broke through the bottom. But, unfortunately, in fairness in full xd it is playable now.

For the rest, there is nothing to remember. In the same fallout, historically there are problems so that it could be mentioned, and not to say that the fallouts were unplayable. Stalker CHN was quite playable, on a pirate, I even wondered why they complain about him, maybe on the face and everything was deplorable, but this passed me.
In general, many games had problems, and there were always patches.
But now it’s something with something, I don’t name new games, because it makes sense, they all have problems. They endure they endure, as a result, the scribe also comes out, put out the light, throw a grenade. xD)

R
Rick Sk1mmer 28.02.23

Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights

The developers screwed up something with the audio engine, because of which the game ran normally only on certain sound cards, and on everything else it overloaded the processor, which caused terrible brakes.

s
slipnot6 28.02.23

Saints row 2

m
mxin 28.02.23

potter790 wrote:
It was on a pirate that the camera was moving in all directions, but on a license it was all great.

It’s not about the camera, and it didn’t wind it on a pirate, it’s about very poor optimization, as such, and so far, it’s bad at this, apparently there are so many mistakes that they made that they spat on fixing them.