3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
F
F0rests 28.02.23 08:38 pm

What to play on a weak PC?

Characteristics: Processor - Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2180 2.00GHz (2 cores at 2GHz);
Video card - ATi Radeon HD3800 Series (512MB);
2 giga RAM;
win xp.
My whole problem is in WinXP, a lot of games that my PC will pull, XP will not pull, but that's not the point. Recommend something interesting, I play everything, so write any genre (you can also old games). Thank you in advance

18 Comments
Sort by:
D
DemonXL1440 28.02.23

I will advise the game Medal of Honor: Airborne is a nice shooter, I recently replayed it myself when I was sitting without a video card.
You can also play Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Lockdown, which is also a good shooting game, not very demanding.

y
yariko.v 28.02.23

After 2015, it also became difficult for me to choose toys, especially since new games began to require DX11 more often, which the GF9800 does not support. But, still, it is still possible to choose entertaining games for yourself.
For example:
SteinsGate
The longest Journey
Remember11
Space Rangers
Ys origin
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
Currently playing:
To the moon

M
Marina26 28.02.23

I advise you to go through Prince of Persia, an excellent game, and all parts. Yes, and the requirements are quite modest.

s
skkt82 28.02.23

half life, warcraft, gta 3,vc,sa, colin mcrae rally, nfs underground 1,2, flatout 1,2 , farcry, call of duty 1,2, doom 3, wolfenstein, alone in the dark, quake 3,4 there are still a lot of good old games

N
Nick Arzanyaev 28.02.23

I don’t remember much what games I played on my weak PC .. I remember playing Unreal Tournament, FIFA 11 in game ranger, GTA SA and BC, Kwaka 1-3 .. Xs in some other ones ..) And I recommend changing Piggy at least seven.

N
NUB_007 28.02.23

Guys, the same problem, but I like RPGs with shooter elements. Advise besides Grigorovich and Besedkovsky, I went through 10 times.

r
requiemmm 28.02.23

You can not old, but only old. 2 gigabytes of opera is a very rigid framework.
TES3, TES4, Fallout 1-3 (3 will slow down, Vegas will definitely slow down), Silent Hunter 3-4, Gothic 1-2, maybe 3, but it's not a cake by itself, Soldiers of Anarchy, Silent Storm, Heroes before fifth, NSF to MW, Spellforce 1-2, Sacred 1-2, X2-X3, Turgor and Mor. Utopia, Eureka, Arx Fatalis, Darkstar One, Freelancer... in short, there are many of them, but all are old, some are very old. Go to old-games.ru, read the reviews, there are thousands of games for buckets of varying degrees of holeiness. You can look at RPG maker indies, visual novels, and ports from old consoles like Grandia 2 and Legend of Heroes.
The ceiling of such a system ... The crisis is in the middle, as far as I remember. It’s better not to look at the FPS so as not to be upset, but you can pass. In principle, you can also go through the second Halva, it should work fine.

F
F0rests 28.02.23

requiemmm
I don’t know how, but TES5 is playable for me (I don’t know how many fps), gothic 3 on medium-high with unstable 60 fps, Crisis 2 passed with normal fps a couple of years ago, but I don’t remember what settings were, NFS Hot Pursuit was on not even bad, GTA 4 at low 30-60 fps, tomb rider now I'm running at medium-low (everything for min except textures, they are at medium), stable 60 fps in unloaded places. Almost all games until 2011 my PC pulls. So you underestimate my PC a bit.

r
requiemmm 28.02.23

I fired up Skyrim, rode the cart, got to Riverwood and saw that it ate two gigs of RAM. That’s why I didn’t mention it, playing without mods and back to back according to the requirements is not very fun.
I had a similar config (and now it's in a dump somewhere), so I remember this constantly ending memory, friezes immediately began and I had to restart the game. I added the bar to three and it already got better. However, GTA 4 specifically slowed down there, and then I was not interested, maybe they fixed it. Dead Space was the first to go normally, without serious brakes. One of the Tambov raiders, like 2007, also did not slow down, and I was not interested in the later ones.
But Lost Planet didn’t even freeze, everything was just slowed down there, like in the Matrix. It seems that there is such a cheating way to go through bosses, to slow down the system with a cpu-killer. There was no need to slow down there, the eternal slowdown of time during all the battles :) Wolfenstein 2009 worked well in principle, but occasionally froze, you can try it.

H
Hose Garden 28.02.23

F0rests
The legendary Unreal Tournament has already been advised, I can add the first Call of Duty and Renegade - it will fly. Gothic 1 and 2 have already been advised, I can add Morrowind. Praetorians, Galactic Empire 2, Dune 2000, Red Alert 2 , Tiberian Sun, Rome Total War and of course the legendary old Age of Empires 2 if you are into strategy

r
requiemmm 28.02.23

Obvious Deus Ex completed? You can also Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, bought weapons and cartridges and you have a shooter, the last third of the game is completely passed from the barrel, even in places it is more convenient than waving a sword. There was also a funny spy action movie, though it's not an RPG. NOLF, No one lives forever. If it's a pipe, then you can try Xenus. It should be noted that it would be much better if there were no RPG elements, it would just be GTA from the first person. But we played at one time, kill 100500 soldiers and pump the skill of owning a barrel by one :)
And there was also Alpha Protocol. A good idea, crashed into implementation by crooked hands.

M
Max P 28.02.23

There are a lot of such games until 2016, which can be played without a video card at 60 fps in fhd at maximum graphics settings.

o
odalov4 28.02.23

Well, I think the Assassins will pull up to part 3 and dont starv tugezer is perfect for any PC
And so, terraria and minecraft are your best friends

D
Demon2342 28.02.23

I can throw a couple of cool games on the old PC, but not here. Let's go to VK, Instagram or any other network ...

v
vftor 28.02.23

F0rests
I have old games on Win.XP (computer #1) that work better (without problems) than on Win.7 x64. Of course, most games are installed on Win.7 x64 (computer #2). There are 2 monitors (main 1920x1080 and additional 1280x1024, which switch between computers No. 1 and No. 2 through the KVM switch. Computer
data No. 1: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0 GHz processor, 3.0 GB RAM, GeForce 9800 GT video card , 1 Gb.
I used to play TES 5 Skyrim on a computer with Win.XP. The game went quite well, provided that the load of RAM was no more than 2 GB, but now the game is on Win.7 x64. Now there are
old games left on Win.XP :

P
PaveltheStylebender 28.02.23

Can such a processor handle modern online games? Like dota 2, cs go at minimum wages?

R
Raskopin666 28.02.23

/There is a site SEGA on-line/

s
sergeu78 28.02.23

to emulators