3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Alexey Heizenberg 09.05.23 07:26 am

How do you feel about old games?

It's interesting to hear people's opinions on this. What do you think, is it worth wasting time on old platforms and games or there are so many new games coming out now that there is no time and desire for them? And another interesting point - do you play the first game of any major series (for example, Tomb Raider, The Elder Scrolls), before passing the new ones, or immediately proceed to their modern versions? Thanks in advance.

363 Comments
Sort by:
G
GaussBeatz 09.05.23

shahVkit
Absolutely agree, but I stress, for example, the Far Cry franchise is a very successful consideration of a modern yet instructive game. Think of Vaas and his "madness" or Peigan Minh. Add Joseph Sid and lo and behold, there's a lot to absorb) But taste and color.

G
GaussBeatz 09.05.23

shahVkit
Absolutely agree, but I stress, for example, the Far Cry franchise is a very successful consideration of a modern yet instructive game. Think of Vaas and his "madness" or Peigan Minh. Add Joseph Sid and lo and behold, there's a lot to absorb) But taste and color.

T
TurboKapycta 09.05.23

There's a 50-50 split.
There are some old games, which I can't stand (I will not give examples, because I'll be crucified here)
But, for example, not so long ago I reran Doom 2 again (my favorite game in the whole series, Also love old NFS and CoD
All in all, in fact there are new games that cling me no worse than the old ones, modern races really improved as opposed to shooters, which became childish escapades with press x to win

S
StormX07 09.05.23

I play on my Smartphone through Emulators

T
TurboKapycta 09.05.23

There's a 50-50 split.
There are some old games, which I can't stand (I will not give examples, because I'll be crucified here)
But, for example, not so long ago I reran Doom 2 again (my favorite game in the whole series, Also love old NFS and CoD
All in all, in fact there are new games that cling me no worse than the old ones, modern races really improved as opposed to shooters, which became childish escapades with press x to win

P
Plus92 09.05.23

Respectfully! I played Soul Reaver 2 and Defiance as a kid. Now decided to replay the Legacy anthology, started with Blood Omen. Awesome series

I've been playing it for a while now.

P
Plus92 09.05.23

Respectfully! I played Soul Reaver 2 and Defiance as a kid. Now decided to replay the Legacy anthology, started with Blood Omen. Awesome series

I've been playing it for a while now.

t
twokevoke 09.05.23

How can you have a negative attitude towards old games, almost all the masterpieces that I know are often exactly less than 2002. And yes, if the storyline is connected between the parts, then I definitely pass from the very first part.

t
twokevoke 09.05.23

How can you have a negative attitude towards old games, almost all the masterpieces that I know are often exactly less than 2002. And yes, if the storyline is connected between the parts, then I definitely pass from the very first part.

L
Laurence Barnes 09.05.23

It depends on what to consider "old" and which classics. Some people even 5 years from release are old.
For me, for example, the threshold, after which the game can be considered old, it's about 2006.

t
tomas reuser 09.05.23

Well, the old games were good.

L
Laurence Barnes 09.05.23

It depends on what to consider "old" and which classics. Some people even 5 years from release are old.
For me, for example, the threshold, after which the game can be considered old, it's about 2006.

V
Vladimir Sivko 09.05.23

I have a normal attitude, without any paranoia or idiocy. I play when I feel like it and when I'm in the mood, that's all. I have nothing more to say about it. About the platforms I don't know, because I didn't have any consoles, even less now.

V
Vladimir Sivko 09.05.23

I have a normal attitude, without any paranoia or idiocy. I play when I feel like it and when I'm in the mood, that's all. I have nothing more to say about it. About the platforms I don't know, because I didn't have any consoles, even less now.

V
Veselii_Chelovek0 09.05.23

I like the old games, often they are not worse than the new ones, warms the soul, immediately think of childhood, mmm.

When I think of old games.

V
Veselii_Chelovek0 09.05.23

I like the old games, often they are not worse than the new ones, warms the soul, immediately think of childhood, mmm.

When I think of old games.

F
F..K admin 09.05.23

The graphics before 2001 are really cheesy, but after dx9 it's quite bearable. So it's a shame that graphs are now used to cover up lousy ideas, weak plots, and flimsy implementation.

F
F..K admin 09.05.23

The graphics before 2001 are really cheesy, but after dx9 it's quite bearable. So it's a shame that graphs are now used to cover up lousy ideas, weak plots, and flimsy implementation.

P
Pixel Dragon 09.05.23

True_Rivetethead wrote:
I love old games!
Epecially those that came out in the 90's.
There was a lot of good stuff then.
I even specially VERY old computer by parts to play them.

Need for Speed 2009 . Good game for those who like races especially when you have a wheel. old games are good that any computer can play them. personally i play the kingdom of amulyar (kingdom of amulyar).

P
Pixel Dragon 09.05.23

True_Rivetethead wrote:
I love old games!
Particularly those that came out in the 90's.
There was a lot of good stuff then.
I even specially VERY old computer by parts to play them.

Need for Speed 2009 . Good game for those who like races especially when there is a wheel. old games are good that any computer can play them. personally i play the kingdom of amulyar (kingdom of amulyar).