3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
C
CEKTAHTO4KA 19.05.23 10:00 am

What affects the optimization of games?

Hello! The question in the title of the topic. Here's an example of GTA5, PDR2, The Witcher 3 well there still can continue, I play The Witcher on ultra with my hardware, Doom everyman on maxi turned off, GTA maxi, PDR here Solyanka. Iron I forgot to specify fy 3 2120 and a card 1030 3 gig. And look in contrast where Dine Light 2 on the graphics well, there's no such that would be a beauty straight away, and works like normal, but when you can scanner crunch in the sound (I'm sure many have this crap) Ancharted 4, only on minimal, PABG so freeski, well, here yet the drive I have xdd. Ah, well Elden ring, all right there are some parameters on the medium to put.

7 Comments
Sort by:
d
deusMarshall 19.05.23

Quality work with the engine

a
airstorm 19.05.23

The number of "man-hours" spent by the developer plus the practical experience, skill and professionalism of the aforementioned "people" who will spend time optimizing games (both before and after the game's release) has an impact on game optimization.

In your case, however, the bottleneck is purely electronics:

The f3 2120 and the 1030 3 gig card

And in the case of

. PABG, there are freezes

Also the speed with internet stability.

P.S. I never played any of the games you mentioned, except The Witcher 3 and PUBG. But the minimal requirements of The Witcher 3 your PC doesn't meet in terms of processor and video card:

Intel Core i5-2500K processor clocked at 3.3GHz or AMD Phenom II X4 940;

A NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 or AMD Radeon HD 7870 graphics card;

6GB of RAM

l
le_prophet 19.05.23

Because there are normal engines and then there are enriljin engines

L
Lоken 19.05.23

From a certain point, the differences in the graphics and the detail of the objects themselves are no longer so striking, but still require a performance increase of 2/4/8 times, etc.
For example, - the difference between the first and second "circle" is noticeable, and the difference between the second and third is already slightly noticeable. But the difference in performance requirements is still the same - 2 times (2 times more edges from "circle" to "circle")

This is why it seems like the current graphics haven't gone far from the 10-15s, and the requirements have multiplied. But if you take individual objects from old games and compare them in the editor to objects from newer games - the detail from newer games will be an order of magnitude higher. It's the same with maps - there are more objects, the objects are more detailed, and the non-creatures are more detailed. And if you compare 10-15 years old games with modern ones, a lot of people would say - "there's not much difference, and the requirements are X times higher!!!!!1". And the further away from it, the less difference in graphics will be evident, although the performance requirements will still grow.

This is why I personally don't appreciate in games the "graphics" in its technical aspect, but such a thing as art and artistic design.

M
MunchkiN 616 19.05.23

Optimization games in general or performance on a particular PeCa?
From all sides the pc is quite weak. for games with dynamic lighting + transparent objects like grass on the performance is mainly influenced by the video card to sort objects and shadow maps. this is such as witch 3, gta5 and rd2. and in some cases may affect the processor, because it is important number of objects, the number of dynamic processor objects and operations with their physics and logic. Also, a number of modern games are designed for multithreading. so changing the video card on a powerful here will not do.
in the daylight 2 did not play but it seems that there is a combined lighting and in general the approach igor for the last generation. what is it with the optimization I do not know but on the screenshots I remember was a bad vegetation in the distance is very simplified.

W
White 19.05.23

airstorm all right, I would also say that a lot depends on how the game ported to the PC, if it is from consoles.

W
White 19.05.23

Everything with Anril is fine, it's the developers who are crooked. If it's crap performance, it's to Unity. All the games I've played on it eat up disproportionately to the picture.