3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Arisius 03.12.19 05:30 am

Fixed bug with high CPU usage (Need for Speed: Heat)

1) Go to the game directory then create a text file
For 6 core processors with 12 threads copy these settings:
Thread.ProcessorCount 6
Thread.MaxProcessorCount 6
Thread.MinFreeProcessorCount 0
Thread.JobThreadPriority 0
GstRender.Thread.MaxProcessorCount 12

For 4 core processors with 8 threads copy these settings:
Thread.ProcessorCount 4
Thread.MaxProcessorCount 4
GstRender.Thread.MaxProcessorCount 8

googling technical data of your CPU not to be mistaken*

2) Click File - Save as ,file name: user.cfg (without the quotes), the file type put all files, click save.
Now you have created the file user.cfg,and a new text document can be removed.

3) start the game!
41 Comments
Sort by:
d
dilat 16.10.20

real19911
What's the question? If it's written with quotes, copy it the same way.

A
Aleksey Sche 16.10.20

Folks, don't be stupid! There should be no quotes.
I explain it to those in the tank.
In the original post: https://www.reddit.com/r/needforspeed/comments/dvdavu/fix_for_very_high_cpu_usage_until_ghost_games/
dude updated his post starting with the phrase "Update... and after the numbers with the streams just closed the quote!
It is necessary to enter without quotation marks, besides after the number of cores you see a quote?

A
Aleksey Sche 16.10.20

Arisius
Correct your message - remove the quote after the streams! She shouldn't be there, read my previous message.

D
Denys415 16.10.20

I tried it differently. I can't reduce the load on the percent.
Type CPU quadCore Intel Core i5-3450, 3500 MHz (35 x 100)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 (4GB) video adapter
DIMM1: Kingston 4GB DDR3 x3
Maybe there's another way?
STAR WARS Fallen Order goes without problems on medium settings.
I would be grateful for the help ...

l
lmperatorPC 16.10.20

Denys415
In theory, it's fair for you to write like this:
Thread.ProcessorCount 4
Thread.MaxProcessorCount 4
GstRender.Thread.MaxProcessorCount 4

The last line will be 4, not 8, because on I5, like, there is no multytok.

E
EvilFruit 16.10.20

Thank you, everything works, at least the temperature of the process has dropped from 65 degrees to 57, on the account of friezes I can not say, like they have become less.

E
Electrolite 16.10.20

AMD Ryzen 5 1600, RTX 2060 - nothing has changed since the creation of the user.cfg confiscate. Except that the game has become a little faster, but the friezes have not gone anywhere. But along with friezes there was a disappearance of textures of buildings, just like in GTA SA if it crammed a bunch of different mods. 2020. Electronic Arts has not yet learned to optimize their already worthless racing arcades, a disgrace.

V
Vasiliy Serpuhov 16.10.20

Helped I7-7700H. Man, how can you produce such a broken product in technical terms. Constant departures, friezes. EA is getting worse and worse.

i
ivanglad 16.10.20

What's the path?

T
Timur Borzenko 23.03.21

to do this, you need to remove the steam install the game through the repack then complete processes such as Chrome Edge Discord Telegram Skype WhatsApp in extreme cases, uninstall these applications or clean the HDD if SSD, then optimize the RAM if everything is very serious, reinstall Windows

S
Soulcube EKB 24.05.21

Arisius
Thanks, I ran into such a problem ... out of the blue.
Previously, there was no grass.
There was 13 GB of RAM (8 + 2 + 2 + 1), removed "2 + 2 + 1" and added 8 more (8 + 8) ... well, this game popped up!
Thanks again!

i
ichigo13 24.05.21

thanks, I9 11900k helped me to reduce by 50%

V
Veliev Suleiman 28.10.21

I didn’t know that this was a bug, I thought that my 9900k was no longer taking out))

L
Linur4eg 03.11.21

works. on p5 3600, the load has notably fallen. from 75% to 35%.

b
benss30 03.01.22

Thanks for my i5 11400, the load was 100% in monitoring, now after fixing the load 35/50% thanks again, now the flight is normal 👍👍👍

P
Palych Rokov 09.01.22

I confirm that the load on the processor is really very strong, I don’t have this in action games, but here it’s not clear where it is using resources

S
Sam_B 31.05.22

Helped, thanks!

D
Dsdasdasd2223 31.05.22

Palych Rokov
in the game, even in the menu or during videos, the load does not subside, which only speaks of an artificial load, goy go buy new pieces of iron for our game)

G
GremlinZ 29.10.22

in general, the only thing that helped was that I changed the mode in the game from full screen to something else and everything flew

M
Maksiderrr 20.01.23

I set the vegetation to HIGH and not to ULTRA and voila, everything is as it should be.