3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
_
_ELJULIO_ 10.12.19 05:53 am

Porting PC and console games to mobile platforms.

Hello! I have long been tormented by the question. Why the cult of PC games and console games ported to mobile platforms? GTA Vice City and San Andreas judging by the reviews and downloads (over 2 million on both) players more than pleased. NFS Underground 1, 2, Doom 3, Half-Life, Counter-Strike for example. And strategy? C&C, Civilization, behind enemy lines. Games can list a lot. Benefit resources of modern smartphones and tablets is more than enough.
4 Comments
Sort by:
K
Kahran Ramsus 10.12.19

_ELJULIO_
Because a lot of conventions: the adaptability of the game engine under a different architecture, availability of source and preferably the original developer( and not Hindus who will pick and to read others ' code), rights and so on. Example: make sense to port doom 3 - if he vprintsype not particularly successful were. COP and paste the Volvo, which tied with game development until recently, di and games obsolete. The strategy, even consoles are not polzuyutsya success because of the difficulties with the organization of the normal control, and the touch Cranach even more. Yes, and IMHO capacity devices up to$300(and such I'm sure most) is still not enough. Therefore, in most cases it's just impractical(after all, it is necessary not only to discourage porting, which can be costly, but to collect a decent margin, otherwise easier to assemble the mobile version of the current raskruchivaem projects) or impossible.

A
Anderby 10.12.19

That's not the problem. The problem is that large normal games to mobile popular. Popular every F2P is crap for unicellular because it is simply (simple Tetris) and free.

d
darkpromo 10.12.19

_ELJULIO_
Because it is easier to release f2p with a bunch of donation and it will bring hundreds of times more than port of a PC/console game, even if it will cost 500 and above

L
Landerx 10.12.19

_ELJULIO_
Doom 3 is. Actually ports quite a lot now, not all of them are there in the market. Look on the forums.