3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
St_Slave 10.12.19 05:53 am

Animal companions - who chose? (Pathfinder: Kingmaker)

Actually interested in someone who chose and why. We have often read that a dog is the best choice, I bet. I do believe that leopard is better. Not least because he had better protection and more attacks per turn (round)
image 1
9 Comments
Sort by:
S
St_Slave 10.12.19

Also a question for those who beat the game on the prologue - is there any sense in the animal level 6 on hilevel? And somehow confuse 70 HP, and more created by me multiCLASS will not allow you to do.
with protection 30, it someone just can get there?

B
Bastarder 10.12.19

St_Slave
You misjudge the combat effectiveness of the animals.
1. Damage from bite: the dog 17-24 for die roll 1d8+16, leopard - only 7-12 (1d6+6). Accordingly, the average damage is 20 and 10. Additionally, the dog bite knocks the enemy down - lying is easier to beat, and he does not respond to the attack. Leopard extra damage from the claws 7-10 (1d4+6) - total damage from the bite and claws 14-22, which is less than one only a dog bite and no tipping. In addition, a dog has more value of the force, and therefore slightly higher precision BB, she rarely misses than the leopard.
2. When pumping on the 7th level of the dog increased strength (affects damage and accuracy) is somewhat larger than the leopard. So the damage and accuracy of the dogs will increase by a greater amount compared to a leopard.
3. When pumping it is possible for the dog to take an additional hell enhanced dog, other animals (except wolf) such a feature is missing.
4. The higher skill the leopard gives it advantage on saving throws on reaction. Dog, this protection is not particularly important, as it knocks the opponent down.
That's why dog are the best DD pet.
About the dice rolls a lot I will not explain, if you have not played in NN, NN2, but know that shot with a higher value digits after the d gives higher maximum and average damage.

S
St_Slave 10.12.19

Bastarder wrote:
Accordingly, the average damage is 20 and 10.
1. Incorrectly You consider the Average damage from the bite -10, from claw attacks - 8 . Believe 10+8+8 = 26 units average damage
The dog: 22 units average damage.
Bastarder wrote:
Additionally, the dog bite knocks the enemy down
Judging by the description, leopard has the same bite and it works just as well
2. On the second point, I agree, but the 7 level of the beast in your multiclasses I still do not get it, so forget it.
3. If you can, describe what it adds to and conditions for obtaining (if possible - a screenshot)
4. As I wrote above, the dog does not have this advantage over the leopard.
Total in dry residual. Have greater protection, more damage and 3 attacks (and therefore exactly 3 times greater chance to cause crit. ) IMHO, Leopard is the best choice.
And Yes,
Bastarder wrote:
if you have not played in NN, NN2, but know that shot with a higher value digits after the d gives higher maximum and average damage.
Very familiar with these games.

S
Siniy Kot 10.12.19

as for me, it is better to take a pet on three parameters
1.harder-to things that might a lot of wear
2.tougher-to DOH less
3.that looked epic
I chose option 3-a giant millipede-this is another Alden!
especially after the seventh level-10 meters in length, becomes, damage is also normal, but I do not care, still playing the Inquisitor with an emphasis on miles, so Pat and do not need much

B
Bastarder 10.12.19

St_Slave
1. Incorrectly You consider the Average damage from the bite -10, from claw attacks - 8 . Believe 10+8+8 = 26 units average damage
The dog: 22 units average damage.
1. Leopard damage total damage from 2 claws 7-12 (1d6+6) see what is stated from the claws of the amount on your screen. Then, the average total damage is 9,5 + 8,5 = 18. The dog 20,5 + shooting down legs on level 7 it becomes Large, and the leopard is a medium sized!
3. If you can, describe what it adds to and conditions for obtaining (if possible - a screenshot)
Here is my jamb. Confused with the feature - a true beast - development.
4. Advantage dog is the ability to knock down, which is very significant, especially for Large dogs. Option - attack affects the accuracy, not critical, and accuracy (see description), and they are almost identical, leopard And 10, And dog is 9.
Protection settings, and saving throws for dogs is not as important as for the leopard, as it knocks down the opponent and he can not answer. And enemy AI is focused on the fighters party, and not on Pets.

S
St_Slave 10.12.19

Bastarder wrote:
Leopard damage total damage from 2 claws 7-12 (1d6+6)
Is the damage from one claw, the test specifically.

S
St_Slave 10.12.19

Bastarder wrote:
Option - attack affects the accuracy, not critical
I guess I'm not quite clear.
I mean not the very definition of attacks and number of attacks. I mean 3 (three) hits per turn, which means 3 times is possible to say (with great luck)

B
Bastarder 10.12.19

The most powerful beast in the damage fully pumped up to level 16 and under buff forces smilodon, which besides the main attack bite has 4 claw attacks.
The best tenkousei beast dog under baffle for protection.
If You are going to upgrade the beast to level 16 in connection with multiclassed character, then a good choice would be the leopard, which is already at level 4 to be average in size and damage, depending on the values of agility, not strength. However, his damage is higher than that of a dog or wolf (bonus damage claws) level 7 under similar attack.

A
Ancient Sun 10.12.19

I tried with the mod to pump different animals at level 9 for the passage of a Ranger, leopard characteristics like more. A lot of protection due to agility under the buffs in General can sometimes Tanchev is Valerie, plus a lot of attacks and churning legs. IMHO, a great animal.
As an alternative to wolf/smilodon/the dog. The centipede I would not recommend her venom will eventually become a rare surprise in a fight with high level opponents, and other features and no much. Other animals like the default neoch at the stage of reading the description