3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Augusta_ 11.12.19 03:02 am

How to save Alexander? (Divinity: Original Sin 2)

This is a script that Dallis kills him? Nothing can be done? Everything in me protested against such a plot turn. In addition, that the Bishop liked me from the beginning and I was glad that I didn't kill him in the first act, so everything else this death looks absolutely contrary to the logic of storytelling. If he was my enemy at the beginning, and eventually became an ally and even agreed to help in the Arena, then all the laws of the genre it needs to reach at least the final game. I did something wrong? If I did not help him with Bellick, and opened the entrance to the Moon temple with altars of the gods, he would have still appeared in the Arena?
43 Comments
Sort by:
D
Deadeye181 11.12.19

Augusta_
Alexander was doomed from the start, it can't be saved, and probably kill him himself. - a more humane solution, as the shot of ETERNA absorbs its source. The conversation before the ending only confirms how inevitable was death of Alexander.

A
Augusta_ 11.12.19

Deadeye181 wrote:
Alexander was doomed from the start
He is as awake as all the heroes in my squad, including years If they are not doomed, why would he doomed? However, Yes, I did not finish the game, maybe you do not know.
Deadeye181 wrote:
as the shot of ETERNA absorbs its source
Well, his soul is not exactly absorb it, because of his body is his spirit. I don't really know how to talk to him because I attack the gods when I try to approach him.

A
Andrei YP 11.12.19

Augusta_
Unfortunately so conceived plot and nothing can be done... At the very end of the game you'll be even more unhappy knowing who supported Dallas in the murder of Alexander.

A
Augusta_ 11.12.19

Deadeye181
Took the game to the end, and I still don't know why you're talking about. that Alexander was doomed. Lucian wanted to sacrifice him for the greater good, but unless if someone wants to kill you, so you're doomed? Our team somehow survived already 4 of the act, while wanting to kill us was more than enough.

I insist that his death in the third act seemed inappropriate. Alexander had to live at least to the final to meet with his father. Let there he died, if his death is so necessary, but its history would have looked zakonchena than it is now.He moved to my side in the Arena... why? With the story point of view, what gives? We understood that the Bishop may put the interests of the world above personal ambitions, but this topic is required to continue. If he came with us to the finals, that would perfectly fit in all the endings.

1. Donate Source. Alexander said that he is ready for the sake of Rivellon at all, and even death will not stop him. Well, in that case he could accept the will of the father, isn't it? It would be beautiful, and tragic. I don't know what he was doing in this variant, after the final, if he survived. I basically don't like that donating Source, we survive. If the victim, so the victim, in vain the writers did not go through. And if Alexander was killed at this point, his story would look really complete.

2. Divinity. Alexander has already agreed to support me in the Arena could support here. Or go to the side of the father, if I chose the battle with Lucian. Both good. And we could have another version of the ending to get it is to give the Divinity of Alexander. Too beautiful - from the fate not go, called, even if their Divine father and his Eternal assistant against.

3. The divinity of everyone. Here with Alexander everything is simple - would a secular leader of the people, without Divinity. Actually, I have this variant of persuasion used in the Arena. Would not a Bishop and king Alexander.

It's better than what we have ended up with...

I the death of Alexander recalled the death of one character in Neverwinter nights 2. There, too, in my eyes killed a character who I liked and I do nothing could. And also killed not a bad guy after all, but an ally of our future. The trick with Dallas above praise, of course. To suffer it could not since the first appearance, and when she killed Alexander, so wanted his hands to strangle the bitch. And after all this, in the final battle, I was worried that someone killed her, worried followed the scale of health)) Who would have thought. Just Bravo. Long me the final twists are not happy.

A
Andrei YP 11.12.19

Augusta_ wrote:
It's better than what we have ended up with...
Well, that happens a lot, we don't always like what the writers gave. But there is a solution. The developers have released the game with a powerful editor of the Divinity Engine 2 , which allows not only to create new adventures, but also to remake the original campaign according to your taste. So if you know how to do, everything is in your hands. But this of course will have to work hard. I love stuff like that, I remember the first Neverwinter Nights did their companies, there is a great editor. And this I have a little studied, but seriously yet it's not reached, then something zabatsayut.

A
Augusta_ 11.12.19

Andrei YP
I never use the fan modes, etc., because it nekanon, and the Canon of taxis :) This is how to rewrite the ending of the book that you didn't like. To rewrite, I can, but I'll know it's not really.

A
Andrei YP 11.12.19

Augusta_
Well, you are quite right, for the first part of Neverwinter Nights came out not a few fan-made modules, which were the Canon with a capital letter. The authors carefully studied the world of the game, books on it, all over the world over the Weekend. The original company nor touched. But these modules are a hundred times better and more interesting than the original. Some even admitted by the developers. So anything can happen.

O
OrisLumenis 11.12.19

Augusta_
Well, how would Dallis people into zombies was transformed, do not know how such a thing is possible at all to justify it.

A
Augusta_ 11.12.19

Andrei YP
how well would a fan not versed in the world that writes fanfiction/doing fashion, Canon to not be Canon is something that was invented by the Creator and only he :)

A
Augusta_ 11.12.19

OrisLumenis
Dallas was going to sacrifice the minority - sorcerers of the Source, in order to save all the others from the Emptiness. In this case, all wizards Source still would have died. So what, in essence, the difference, make them zombies now, or kill later? Well, it is clear that it is unethical etc, but Dallis and Lucian believe that the end justifies the means, and given that the final of a world without the Source of the positive, I agree with them.

O
OrisLumenis 11.12.19

Augusta_
The difference is that to kill someone for what would have survived the majority - it still did not go, but to do of sentient beings - zombies and in fact their slaves - that's another story. The difference is huge.

A
Augusta_ 11.12.19

OrisLumenis
So they were not rational beings at this moment. In fact it is walking corpses.

O
OrisLumenis 11.12.19

Augusta_
Well, how would history they are sorcerers of the source, under the leadership of Dallas, was introduced into the head of a special parasite turning them thus into an obedient zombie.

A
Augusta_ 11.12.19

OrisLumenis
What other parasites? If the Forte is a Joy to get to the top floor of the castle, you can enter the courtroom, and there will show the transformation of girl into a nun. This happens instantly.

G
Garrus_91 11.12.19

Augusta_
Migo,elf seeker in prison(overdone), the girl at the healer in act 2,multiple banks with parasites in the laboratory. First, introduce parasites, and then pull the source. The parasites need to control the body. Niles experimented with the parasites and with wands of deliverance.

O
OrisLumenis 11.12.19

Augusta_
No, not read the record and delve into dialogues. All sorcerers were introduced parasites to suppress the will and mind and making slaves of, and pulled the source just at the final stage for the deprivation of experimental magic abilities and final transformation. I recommend to visit the basement of the Fort of joy and carefully read the record. If talk with the monks can understand that some have even retained a particle of reason and react to your words with tears, microanatomy on the face etc. and all this happened under good goals of Dallas.

If there is doubt, replay more carefully the 1st act where a bunch of recordings and dialogues on this issue.

A
Augusta_ 11.12.19

Garrus_91
It is more like a conspiracy theory than a fact) Directly somewhere reads about it or not? I remember Migo, he was already insane. Elf which is decomposed? And what did he say? I would remember about worms. The girl can't remember.

A
Augusta_ 11.12.19

OrisLumenis wrote:
No, not read the record and delve into dialogues. All sorcerers were introduced parasites to suppress the will and mind and making slaves of, and pulled the source just at the final stage for the deprivation of experimental magic abilities and final transformation.
I remember the elf over which was the court. I there was an accident, and then loaded, because tried less murder was committed. She didn't look like someone broken, with worms in the head.
OrisLumenis wrote:
If talk with the monks can understand that some have even retained a particle of reason and react to your words with tears, microanatomy on the face etc. and all this happened under good goals of Dallas.
By their fruits ye shall know them. I have in the end is ruled by Lucian, of Dallas his assistant. On earth peace and prosperity. So Yes, the goal of Dallas was good. At least no word on that after the victory it did someone something bad. Rather means the opposite.

I understand the meaning of what they were doing. Wizards Source was supposed to die anyway, so how would they have decided to use, not to waste in vain... Shouting is a very powerful weapon. Well, the Silent monks, is the whole army. Of course, you can say what you cannot do ever again, whatever was at stake. I may even agree. But apparently they believed that the world is on the brink of destruction, and all good. Who knows how we would behave in this moment? It's a pity that is not in the finals a couple of questions to ask Lucian and Dallas.

O
OrisLumenis 11.12.19

Augusta_
Very strange that you stand on your position, as the information about parasites constantly slips in the game and I can not imagine how can you even pass by it. Well, what I do remember is for example in the 2nd act is the quest a danger to himself and others in the house with a doctor (name not remember) in the basement he has a girl that wants to cure, and when you're correctly doing surgery then get her brain to the parasite. Then just in certain locations there are banks with these parasites.
Well, even in crafting they are used for example for:
Parasitic grenade ("charm" on a 4-way, radius 8m) = Empty grenade + Bank with brain parasites

But in General, if you're sure you're right then so be it, because everyone gets their own personal experiences playing the game. So your experience will be without this caveat, there is no problem.

A
Augusta_ 11.12.19

OrisLumenis
But this quest I had missed. Had not performed any surgery. Banks I saw, of course, but had no idea where they come from and why. But the question still remains - why is that elf on the court was quite sanity? If the worms need for, uh, training, why is it they don't impact practically? Here above cited Migo and rotten elf, but they look and work exactly like the master, who was poisoned in 1 act, using some ancient lever, and asks us to kill him, not to worry. It wasn't rough, but he looked exactly like the MeeGo and the elf in the dungeon. But not like elf on the court. So there is not exactly one and the same technology.