3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
Y
Ya Betmen 14.12.19 04:16 am

Shadowplay doesn't record in 4k (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Generally in the game resolution settings 1336х768, Shadowplay set to record in 4K and 60 fps. When viewing the captured fragment of the video file is still in the resolution 768р. The video card drivers DSR enabled. Does anyone know what could be the problem?
18 Comments
Sort by:
S
Shock Burst 14.12.19

I'm Batman
And what kind of game you want to record 4K with your 960? The first doom?=)

K
Kahran Ramsus 14.12.19

I'm Batman wrote:
resolution settings 1336х768
really, what?

J
JUnnAmmED 14.12.19

I'm Batman
Generally in the game resolution settings 1336х768
ASUS STRIX GTX 960 4 Gb
When viewing the captured fragment of the video file is still in the resolution 768р
Does anyone know what could be the problem?
I think stopping something between monitor and chair.

Y
Ya Betmen 14.12.19

Shock Burst
KoranRazmus
JUnnAmmED
Your sense of humor I appreciated, but the point is that probably not all understand the question. The fact that I thought Shadowplay not depending on the resolution of the game, writes the movie as I did.

M
MunchkiN 616 14.12.19

I don't know what it is but the most direct way to run the game in desired resolution and with him to write
with JEM, the resolution exists only in the mind of the video card output it is compressed to the final.
so you need either a fake 4K screen but fully accelerated and crammed into the monitor, or real

L
Leva Bi-2 14.12.19

I'm Batman
And why do you do it??

m
mr.STR 14.12.19

If in the game settings the resolution 1336х768, then DSR is not enabled when DSR is enabled in the game to spell a larger resolution (used for compression). And I doubt that the 960-th card enough relics that would, at least, in ful HD to record Witcher 60 fps (in duck just will not pull).

S
Stanislav_Batkovich 14.12.19

4K is hard. My 1080 its not pulling 60 fps. In Fallout 4 I put the detail on low beams, the range of shadow rendering - low. So, what else. Volumetric light SSAO. The rest of the ceiling. Sometimes falls below 45. Even SLI two 1080 outputs at full setting sometimes 45 (well, it's not me - I have seen).
And then people want to 960 3180*2160 o_o

K
Kahran Ramsus 14.12.19

I'm Batman
Yeah, you thought your 960 can give 4K with 60fps in the Witcher, but in the recording, because the wire from the card to Monica hurts the performance of the card. To record 4K at 60 fps, your hardware should give 4K at 60 fps.

J
JUnnAmmED 14.12.19

I'm Batman
Let me tell you a little secret.Even a single Titan is not enough for recording video in 4K,to say nothing of a measly 960.If any modern game it would be possible to record in 4K at maximum settings,there would be no need for a new piece of hardware,no need for a new piece of hardware - no profit to the manufacturers of iron,there is no profit - no iron.It's very simple.

A
AL5 14.12.19

JUnnAmmED
Kahran Ramsus
Leva Bi-2
Let me tell you a little secret, but that would be the YouTube upload quality videos, it should be 4K and the bitrate of 45 mb/s. Otherwise YouTube it compresses as a jar of beer.

I'm Batman
I am one you understand?)

M
Metalist1925 14.12.19

AL5
and how to record 4K on a 960?

K
Kahran Ramsus 14.12.19

Metalist1925
apparently: 1 frame per minute and then to Vegas to mount.

A
AL5 14.12.19

Metalist1925
Kahran Ramsus
Not only that, Bandicam can record in 4K at any resolution the game.
I, too, was counting on Shadow Play.

J
JUnnAmmED 14.12.19

AL5
And that is why 90% of content on YouTube supports 4K...Oh wait.
For quality video to any video hosting answer dependent the two for each other parameters - resolution, and bitrate.You can only compress the bit rate,i.e. the number of transmitted channel information about the video file.YouTube technically can't squeeze the information about in what format and resolution is the video,it can only try to adjust it to the standard of their player.If the format is non-standard (5:4,for example),it may blur the picture,regardless of the bitrate and trim,adding a strip.If to use the standards of YouTube,the only reason for the blurry pictures - low bitrate,because stupidly did not have enough information about the file,where and which pixels should be located.And increasing resolution does not solve it,and moreover only exacerbates the situation,because the difference in the recommended bitrate is between 1080 and 4K in 5 times more,that is not enough to fill the area increases due to the increase in resolution,and bit rate need to significantly improve (and even it is necessary to consider the duration of the installation,the load on the iron,available space, etc.)
P. S. Two useful links,I recommend to read - https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=ru
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6375112

A
AL5 14.12.19

JUnnAmmED
It has long been known.
When removing the 4K, and the bitrate needed to tweak. How do you like that?)
And if the bitrate is low, your video select 4K.

And in Shadow Play, you can adjust the bitrate under 4K.
But to remove anything that does not happen. You need to remove the game in 4K resolution, which I don't like.

d
dark worker 03.04.22

Shadowplay used to record in 4K via DSR (i.e. the game is running in 4K), even if the monitor is 1080p, now it has stopped. Support says it's like this now. Freaks.

l
lapwing mouse 03.04.22

DarkWorker
I already faced this crap myself. It's because of the new drivers. Either put the previous ones, or wait for the new ones. Checked on two Windows.