3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
f
fatallezzz 15.12.19 11:42 am

GTX 1080Ti strong whistling Drosera

Hello, dear friends!
Please help with advice.
A video card Gygabyte GeForce GTX 1080ti, bought 3 days ago, along with the entire Assembly. Is paired with a i7-7700k, 16 gb ram, 250 gb ssd, 1tb hdd. power supply - Corsair RM750 watts.

Freewheeling system and began to test the games, with the result that faced with a rather unpleasant problem - very strong whistle of chokes video cards.

Googling realized that the problem is quite common and in most cases significantly reduce the noise helps enable the games vertical sync, but I have already included (60 FPS lock)! If it is disabled, the sound is magnified (because of the increased to the space limits FPS).

And this is manifested in different games are completely different, for example AC Unity is almost always whistling, Far Cry 4 whistles only at a glance far fallout 4 is almost not reduced to bring GTA 5 whistles always, Middle Earth - Shadow of Mordor doesn't whistle at all. Settings everywhere the maximum, including antialiasing, the FPS never falls below 60, the download of video at a maximum of 75% (in unity, in others not above 60-65) temperature is not above 55 degrees.

How to deal with it? Plan to carry the card to the store (it's only been 3 days since purchase, will be changed with no problems, but I'm afraid that other cards will whistle). It seems that the problem is really software, as it is tied to vertical sync, etc.

The monitor is 1920x1080, 60 Hz, connection via DVI-D. the Sound is really very strong. I'm not one of those who is bothered by the noise of the computer, but the beeping is very high. When he stops, I feel like the ear resting, as if the ultrasound heard.
70 Comments
Sort by:
f
fatallezzz 15.12.19

CRASBULLET
Here I probably soon will. Read in detail how it's done and will do much where write that it is an effective way to solve the problem, and more than safe.

But for the rest I repeat, usually fourteen days on a technically complex device Raschke-the mother does not apply. Therefore, come, present, return in the case of such things - the myth has already been encountered. You need a real conclusion - and it will not be because there is NO DEFECT! It's sad, but true.

S
Sonic268 15.12.19

fatallezzz wrote:
The fact of the problem is that our stupid law, they are absolutely right and have every right to send me completely
have no right to send you,they must return you the money

f
fatallezzz 15.12.19

Sonic268
Where is it written? There are places where is it written that just does no obligation, because it is technically complex device".

S
Sonic268 15.12.19

fatallezzz
read the law the consumer and you'll know that they owe you to return the money within 15 days,they have no right by law to refuse you, since the graphics card is bought 3 days ago and it has a defect,read the law the consumer

S
Sonic268 15.12.19

fatallezzz
that's just you said it yourself technically complex device". things like computer,phone,TV and so on,all this is changing, or money back

S
Sonic268 15.12.19

in the net to find the rights of the consumer,there is a law on consumer rights,everything is clearly stated

f
fatallezzz 15.12.19

Sonic268
I already wrote a friend that this very law is written that this is the rule, required you're talking about applies to certain groups of goods, and does NOT apply to the Technically complex devices. There is an outline of what is a technically complex device, and this list has absolutely everything that is plugged into the outlet. Technically complex devices (phones, computers, tablets, microwaves, refrigerators, etc) cannot be returned without the conclusion of the service centre about the defect even after an hour after purchase!

S
Sonic268 15.12.19

But for the rest I repeat, usually fourteen days on a technically complex device Raschke-the mother does not apply see you write this you can see immediately that you're the law of the consumer do not know

s
saa0891 15.12.19

Sonic268 wrote:
since the graphics card is bought 3 days ago and it has defect
So it's just not considered as a defect the card is working properly and it confirms the service center said,unless there are no other faults.

S
Sonic268 15.12.19

fatallezzz
well, I understand you either did not read carefully or you someone this stuff said,just on the turn Technically complex devices and talking to them this rule,within 14 days, you are entitled to return the laptop,phone,TV,VGA card

R
Rekombo27 15.12.19

fatallezzz
That's why I in my St. Petersburg always swapped the same hard drive, headphones and graphics card. Always talk with the old, normal explain the situation to him, if he is not going to contact ask for them in writing that they do refuse to return the money for such a reason(they owe you a conclusion to give), we have in the Internet a bunch of sites with free legal consultation where you can give advice.

S
Sonic268 15.12.19

saa0891
there is a law on consumer rights,read those who are interested,and in the future, many may encounter,so in our time, each buyer should know the law on the protection of the consumer,otherwise we will be fooled,fight 50,000 rubles, plus a marriage,a defect and so on

f
fatallezzz 15.12.19

Well. So make the weekend a job that I can do without a video card, and on Monday go and hand over the card to the service as they and offer. After a successful diagnosis and nevirapine faults I hope for an exchange.

s
saa0891 15.12.19

Sonic268 wrote:
plus with marriage,defect and so on
That's just marriage and it is not considered a defect,the service center about it and write of course if the person wants he can try with this store pobadatsya to conduct its own examination,etc., that can happen.

f
fatallezzz 15.12.19

saa0891
Paladius a bit, so be it. So I finally sent again.
Climbed to the law on consumer protection, with the addition of the proper quality can send without problems. And the quality is adequate. Once again convinced in the myth of the 14 days, and that people who tell me about inattentive reading, they're wrong. 14 days for technically complex devices applies only in cases if the product has not been used, with factory packaging not removed the seals and so on. In my case all of these requirements are violated, the product is healthy and my request to change it has no legal grounds. It's just my whim. Everyone used to think that 14 days che I want to do something, but it's not.

nevertheless, I will try again. Perhaps today I wasn't quite ready to send the card service center, because I knew she needed me on the weekend for video editing on the working point.

f
fatallezzz 15.12.19

when I was sent finally on the basis of all legislation and the ensuing service of the expert conclusion - be sure to let everybody know) we Will destroy the myth about fourteen days and opportunities in this period to return anything)

S
Sonic268 15.12.19

saa0891
just examination for that matter is held,the consumer has come with a complaint and he is obliged to return the money if they don't return then they have to prove that this is not a defect and not a marriage,once again there is a law on consumer rights,use the Yandex do not hesitate

S
Sonic268 15.12.19

fatallezzz
just on the turn we have such people,alas, this sadness made from Russian brother fool pardon the expression,the money we pay and give up on everything,so it is impossible

s
saa0891 15.12.19

Sonic268 wrote:
just examination for that matter is to carry out
Who's to argue with that,just service centers (so unfair) you can even the faulty card back with the words it works,it was something about pobadatsya when the buyer himself will have to conduct an examination.

Sonic268 wrote:
they have to prove that this is not a defect and not a marriage
So they're going to do,potestate card and will be given a report that everything is working,and Drosera squeak is not a defect or marriage,in General, I write the same thing for the third time.

S
Sonic268 15.12.19

I just suggested that it is better to return the product and get not small money this is not the 50 rubles that can score