3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
Vikki_vik 24.12.19 10:44 am

The imbalance of the game: Wizards VS Archers (The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim)

For all the times (18 times) for the first time decided to play a pure mage. Spool up to level 40, pump the whole thread destruction and finding a bunch of interesting things have come to a conclusion.
Mages are very much curtailed, why the bets they made very low. All what we can boast of mages, this only because they just are )
Archers - Pumping stealth"X3 damage with a hidden attack + Lots of perks for the bow and crossbow, 100 especially shooting a Chance to paralyze for 15 seconds + enchants for archery (increases damage at times).
Comparing them to mages, even becomes ridiculous. Because mages basically only regen and amount of mana and the reduced mana cost on spells at all funny. Especially because on all spells and magic only the mass action. Which is not very good. And there is no increase in damage with magic, it turns out the Giant arrow kill with 2 shots, and with magic already in 8-10.

The question is, am I doing that is not correct, or initially the game does not provide pure mages? (that is, along with the magic needed to upgrade one of the weapons.) (Play without mods and dopolni as spells type Avada Kedavra are not considered as archers still mods more)
89 Comments
Sort by:
a
arah 24.12.19

Vikki_vik
It seems you're right mages are deprived of the attention of developers. Also noticed beating the magic fire, or even than the manna ends, and the enemy runs live. Take a bow or sword - one beat\ boom and now he is a corpse.

The enemy failed to cut the magic even with a bunch of bottles restore magic 100%

R
ReKsSam 24.12.19

Even with Morrowind was weaker than warriors, this great tradition" has survived to Skyrim. I put the mod increases the spell power of skill level.

R
RevIO2RUS 24.12.19

Vikki_vik
And level spells the Wizard get it? I was tired, but at least magic and played in the Manu did not shake, and in General skill, not one spent on the magic, so I was unable to use them. Well, almost all the master sorcerers/necromancers are a pain in the (_|_): used with a few strokes of the magic endured, but to meet their need not a small level. So it's probably purely for players such garbage, and maybe it was a fashion complication...

V
Vikki_vik 24.12.19

Just a question what is very interesting is who and how to play other players, and magicians have not yet touched. Fashion do not take the example, as they are additions not developers. Again there are choices of leveling, then the logic must be equal to all (but there is no logic here). Alternative rays become assassins with x16 damage with a hidden attack and pumped the school of alteration.
If the estimate from the 3 branches have good less. 1) Restore 2) Witchcraft 3) Modify , and Destruction is not present, although this is combat magic.
Conclusion. No matter who swing, it turns out GG on all hands. Though the game received great reviews, and boasts a unique engine, with open possibilities of the Creation Kit (Given a shovel and pointed to a pit, and do rowing grandmother clever), but the mechanics and balance they are very screwed up.
IMHO. My personal opinion of the conclusions drawn.

V
Vikki_vik 24.12.19

RevIO2RUS All these perks only reduce the amount of spending mana on a spell, but also open up the possibility of getting the books of magic and spells chtenie, On the strength of the effect on only the level, but there mizirnye gain. At least come up with a damage boost like in all games, or in other branches. And to amend the basics of leveling, the game starts to refuse to work. It turns out) ...

a
arah 24.12.19

ReKsSam
Her Bra and Formfitting the spell broke as soon as clicking on the button and shot at the same fire almost bursts the chance to overwhelm the enemy was greater. In the Sky we 1-2 seconds kastuem riveted and then the bullet but still have to get ))

V
Vikki_vik 24.12.19

RevIO2RUS Is simple. Pumped Enchantment up to 100, offer a perk for 2-3 enchantments on the subject. Done 2 sets of (no fashion rubber fingers and the neck of Hydra). 1) primary weapon 2) magic resistance 3) the rate of recovery. And no mages, you are not afraid, and no one. Proven!...

R
RevIO2RUS 24.12.19

Vikki_vik
Yes I not about that. The Board can be when the 95-100 level, Destruction for example, to start the quest for obtaining special spells that require over a lot of manna, the most powerful spells, that I could not use because did not inject anything into magic.
But then I was so enchanted that I had 90% resistance to magic, fire and cold(fire and cold I was changing depending on situations), so I didn't even bother. (I have enchanting and alchemy was at 100 so I make potions to improve the enchantment)

V
Vikki_vik 24.12.19

RevIO2RUS not a lot of Sense, there opens them useful only Buran. But when you read the spells he can not move. Alternative magic serves as the Voice (Cry) but roll back the Creek of the 3 words, will have time not only to kill and crucify, and to clone and repeat the procedure.
True magicians no))

M
Maklline66 24.12.19

There probably is a branch of the destruction of the deprived.
For other sposobi from inviza hang rage on NPCs, and the rest to finish dramarama that abhiruchi

C
CLiCKeT7 24.12.19

What about the fact that the developers have paid little attention to the wizards, really. I myself play a mage, now level 42, master of destruction magic and change. And in fact I see that spells no. I had it so that the school Change just for the sake of shaking palsy and armor, and everything else does not need. Moreover, spells are very weak, even if castwise with two hands. So you have to use the mod :/. Maybe someone can suggest any mods for the game for a mage?

I use Midas Magic, but it only adds a new (and spells from oblivion), but does not increase the MAG in any way, just gives him some new possibilities.

Problems with mana, I do not feel as the main thing you need to enchant the magician - reduce the cost of spells of a particular school.

I agree with Maklline66 about the school of witchcraft - it is strong, but the school of destruction is not very

E
Einfall 24.12.19

Play with this mod.
Спойлерhttp://www.playground.ru/files/tes_5_skyrim_static_skyrim_rebalanser_ubirayushchiy_avtolevel-63527/

C
CLiCKeT7 24.12.19

Thanks, I'll try :)

K
Kyubi 24.12.19

In the first groove I is also pure mage rocked, but spool up to level 50, I realized that nothing rocked pure mage.
It is impossible to play, fast kill, the figs will kill the ancient dragon of pure magic, and other monsters were hard to kill, so we had to throw and swing of a warrior.

V
Vikki_vik 24.12.19

Went through the links that were given and looked some more mods. Their only difference is that it has become harder to get skills, not which skills become harder to use. But in fact the archers as he was the leading class, and it still is. If you do something, you need to change the system, and the mod already or what not to do. Can be compensated for. And even on the view that it would be more logical, no end, no logic. Because it's not about the difficulty of pumping, and methods of use. And then the question to the creators and testers of the game by Bethesda... Than you thought or which looked at the tests?! (Were the tests at all)...

For the feedback thanks everyone! ... Nice to see a real opinion. An adequate description. Which is rare!

pmuls there are still SkyRe (Skyrim Redone) and its improved modification Perkus Maximus

V
Vikki_vik 24.12.19

But as it turned out, the mage to play more interesting)) of more Adrenaline... Just because you can not carry out hit)) more Dynamics. In Skyrim not so much animals. No need to put mods on enemies, like More Spawn which appear to lag and not clear the bugs.

a
arah 24.12.19

Look here this mod Mod Modern Magic

Description
This mod fixes this bug.

Changes made by the plugin:

1 Destruction: Now the perks skill level, such as Adept, Expert,etc.,
not only reduce the cost of the related spells and increases their damage by 50%. In addition, the Adept perk will reduce the cost of Apprentice spells by 10%, the Expert will reduce the cost of the Adept 15%, the Master will reduce Expert to 20%. Added perks that increase resistance to one of the elements by 20%

For example, take the spell Lightning. Without mod with full pumping of destruction magic damage spells is 90ед at a cost of magic 101ед. With mod power increases to 130ед at a cost of magic 81ед.

2.Witchcraft: Perks of the skill is increased to 5 minutes the effect of the relevant spells(10min from perk Fromant and Necromancer) . The perk twin souls allows you to summon up to 5 creatures at a time.

3.Recovery: added a perk to increase the power of amulets, 50%. Also lowered their cost.

4.Change: armor and Light are kept to 5 minutes (10 with the perk Consistency)

The illusion and the Enchantment did not touch there and so everything is in order)

Tested on Master difficulty, bugs and imbalance.Suggest to play the Master.

Mod incompatible with other global mod that changes the magic system. With a small mod and some new spells there are no conflicts.

_
_Irbis_ 24.12.19

Yeah, pure mage turns damany least in Skyrim, though it seems like it should be the opposite according to my logic. Then I don't know what thought I developed. But they can without a break to stanici and throw paralysis in opponents until their pick.

m
meta_KnightFan 24.12.19

Skyrim - Nords Are Warriors. This is simple matryoshka...

V
Vikki_vik 24.12.19

arah In contrast to take the Archery Pro again lucari stronger... Therefore, it is taken initially without mods. Global fashion same something improve, in General, neither of which does not change, only making it worse. Until you find the cause of glitches, bugs and crashes, will your mind to play. (For the mods and links to Thank you)
I will re-download the Archer, but also have to pump and witchcraft, to pass some quests. Always played a mage, except for games where they are not present, or Archer (sniper).
Who plays Archer for a change I suggest to put the mod Disable Auto Aim - mod that does not change but sticking arrows. With him where I aimed and got in. Sometimes the arrow in millimeters flew past.