3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
Vikki_vik 24.12.19 10:44 am

The imbalance of the game: Wizards VS Archers (The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim)

For all the times (18 times) for the first time decided to play a pure mage. Spool up to level 40, pump the whole thread destruction and finding a bunch of interesting things have come to a conclusion.
Mages are very much curtailed, why the bets they made very low. All what we can boast of mages, this only because they just are )
Archers - Pumping stealth"X3 damage with a hidden attack + Lots of perks for the bow and crossbow, 100 especially shooting a Chance to paralyze for 15 seconds + enchants for archery (increases damage at times).
Comparing them to mages, even becomes ridiculous. Because mages basically only regen and amount of mana and the reduced mana cost on spells at all funny. Especially because on all spells and magic only the mass action. Which is not very good. And there is no increase in damage with magic, it turns out the Giant arrow kill with 2 shots, and with magic already in 8-10.

The question is, am I doing that is not correct, or initially the game does not provide pure mages? (that is, along with the magic needed to upgrade one of the weapons.) (Play without mods and dopolni as spells type Avada Kedavra are not considered as archers still mods more)
89 Comments
Sort by:
n
nestrbob 24.12.19

There is a cool mod http://www.playground.ru/files/elder_scrolls_5_skyrim_the_globalnaya_modifikatsiya_dobavlyayushchaya_kusochek_vselennoy_vlastelin_kolets-77787/ so that's it, when there are all 9 of the Nazgul - I can't imagine how they can be defeated in melee ( only bow from afar in stealth mode). If caught, at any level of the SG instantly cutlet will do.

P
Purgesha 24.12.19

I remember playing one pure magic on legendart. But I just wanted hardcore, and so the magic takes a lot of mana PTS and luceram be easier

V
Vikki_vik 24.12.19

Purgesha - it's not about simplicity, it's just there are times when the magician zero sense. For example, when the city went Giant, all magic is strong mass, not the mass, there is no sense. Also, when for example you do a quest in the caves, sometimes 3-4 mage you meet, and everything. Dragon win very difficult, especially if you have resistance to all elements - is generally a separate topic (as a seasonal sales hit 90% off)...

I found an interesting article
Спойлерhttp://shazoo.ru/2011/11/11/5931/gajd-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-bildy-personazhej

Still, to pump the skill pickpocketing worth it, especially since then you can return perks, however in exchange for two of the dragon soul, through a Black book is the Last quest the Temple of Mirak.

Difficulties only with light armor, but it is possible to make a mod and heavy Ebony to make Ebony armor light armor, spreading her lblnum lists as a random drop, just not a lot of cutting at the stats and weight that was not too most people. Or find a thread replejser.

A mage is a lost cause. Maybe next version will take into account and make balanced. Well, or find that person that will alter Skyrim from the beginning. And still waiting for...

D
D.Artist 24.12.19

The author does not quite understand the concept of mages in TES. First I want to say that the mages in Skyrim are balanced almost perfectly when compared with Morvai (where they are too narrowly focused and for the most part useless) and the Fin (where they are gods). Second, we must understand that in the game series TES mages is more of a complementary rather than core skills. There are enough combinations with the mages, which will make life easier for the Archer or warrior.

Examples:
Download Archer-killer, because we don't have a thick armor to kill us will be fast enough and in the beginning of the game and especially at the end. Pump armor or magic treatment makes no sense because there is secrecy. So as not to burn ourselves once again it would be great to pump illusions, respectively kastuem spells silently, not allowing himself to notice invisibility which helps to dramatically escape + fury/pacification by which General in the battle, can not climb, have Castano and the enemies themselves to each other crumbled. At later stages, where there are very strong Draugry with bows who kill with the first arrow and not always have the option to go in Hyde, called two Dremora Lords, and while they divert their attention calmly shoot vrazhin. Situations where they save the Archer's life - hundreds. That is, there are already 2 schools, which are almost necessary + enchantment which is also applies to magic.

Download warrior in the cord. the armor, sword+shield/two weapons or two-handed sword. School of recovery comes first and it is necessary since we are mainly melee, and potions will not save enough, and bonuses like the stamina recovery and speed up the mana regeneration really helps. School changes are also necessary because with her help, we greatly increase armor rating early in the game, but in the end purchased almost immune to enemy magic, that well it is important + not to forget the paralysis. Because we need something to shoot at distance, take the school of destruction. The damage may not be much, but to make medium-sized enemies without engaging in close is always useful, and many of the spells rank expert/master decent damage. Here in General-you also need a school of enchantments and you have the utility of magic as a whole. That is, to live without it, but it is much easier.

All the weakness probably lies in the magic of destruction, because the weapons can be infinitely sharpened getting unrealistic damage, magic damage increase, but there are things like stagger, the area of effect damage, effects like freeze, burning, etc. which are very powerful enemies will not kill, but a handful of small scattered at times, and in specific situations will help. Pure mages, as already mentioned, not viable, but it is rather a plus than a minus. If only there was Oble to do the spell, which is 1 of a pike kills all living things, the interest was gone and was another exploit...

In the vanilla game balance is very good, if someone not satisfied with something, there is a mountain mods with the game you can do almost anything.

Z
ZlM 24.12.19

If the mages will be hard biting, then the player will be uncomfortable to play as a warrior

M
Malenkiy Osminojek 24.12.19

I also love to play a pure mage, but in TES it is not possible. In most situations, the scheme of battle is as follows - Throw a spell -> Run -> Throw spell -> Run, etc.
Choosing the path of the magician in the line of TES you doom yourself to further complications. To start at least something to look need kachatsya level commercials to 40go, to open in every school of magic with two hands and increase the amount of mana.
In one of the patches, the developers made a bug where spells magic skin stopped working full - not working bonuses increase the validity and power of these spells (around 3 times) and me as a mage not wearing armor, it is completely deprived of protection. The patch fixes the situation out soon. From this example you can understand how Bethesda does not seriously class mages.
This is the only way for the normal game without mods is to mix magic with other skills. For example stealth is well combined with the school of illusion. Spells silent steps and invisibility, coupled with the silent spells perk makes the character completely out of reach.

l
lookaway 24.12.19

to play a mage I recommend to put Skyrim Redone.

S
Spiritbreaker 24.12.19

Maybe magic in Skyrim simply as an additional attribute ? Is - good, no - good.
Slightly off-topic because in my has not answered, where you can take\buy good arrows and more ? I play without mods,craft not to offer

R
RevIO2RUS 24.12.19

Spiritbrеаker
Why not craft, I always have extra dragon's remains were, and arrows, as opposed to them not weigh anything.

S
Spiritbreaker 24.12.19

RevIO2RUS
the question is not in this

V
Vikki_vik 24.12.19

D. the Author Artist just yet very well understood, and where it is suggested that along with a magician need to inject skill weapons. Fashion, again, to not touch I would like, as this is the players doing. (Sometimes very sin to make a couple of buns, for example arrows with a spell fireflies, with 0 damage, 0 gravity and 0 starosti hanging arrow and illuminates the idea came to mind when passing the quest of Homeusa Morro, where YY in the dark kills).
Malenkiy Osminojek Mage to pump the skills of concealment does not make much sense, for two reasons. 1) It has the additional bonus of sneak attack. 2) After the first spell it finds and go into stealth is not possible. (Attack from long distance often not feasible, often the battle in the cave)
What is most interesting, staves in the game are not so little, but the sense from them is not much. It would be possible to pump the skills of arms, but even the no-thought fighting with a staff as with contact melee weapon. It would be interesting to beat them as a club. But alas, no.
Killed the curiosity, that can do something is not right. Mages are, and to sense is not present. So I decided to ask. This is the first game in which battle magic down. Get to at least the same damage. Could do that with the pumped magic + damage a staff would be summarized. For example, the base magic damage of 90 + damage with staves 30 = 120 damage. Well, the staff would be improved. - It would be a definite plus. But there isn't that. That's the surprise. And there are many examples of games where mages are cool, but not as Nuba. I guess the question is balance. you can paint completely, but it's page 3. To read or who will not)))

P/s This is the first on the forums, the issue affecting the mages in this volume. Did no one notice it or not played a mage ))

M
Malenkiy Osminojek 24.12.19

Vikki_vik
As I told branch of the school of illusion has the advantage of silent spells, which allows you to not be detected after application of the spells. Pumped stealth in addition to stealth and silent steps allows the player to remain undetected in almost any situation, unless the enemy close will not approach you. It is also possible in Stasova mode to go into a crowd of enemies and use some powerful mass spell that is already in the beginning of the battle often makes them unfit for action.

V
Vikki_vik 24.12.19

Malenkiy Osminojek - but I agree the Archer still wins) the Minimum amount spent of perks that you can invest in more useful skills, same enchants) And increased damage from stealth, there the emphasis will be suitable and if there is no light, you will not notice. Increased damage from stealth. And not all cases can be approached in a crowd is not detected even when pumping all skills. And seliem invisibility even assassins can work wonders with light armor. But again, the question is, when you are one against the crowd, and when the situation that there are more NPCs, hitting the magic which you begin the hunt - this is the main disadvantage! There is certainly a moment with the quest of Black books, there is a skill that allied characters are not affected. But again not all! But only those that have the status of companion!.
Do not take fashion because it turns out the mods on arrows with different magical effects, not too little. So I would like to stick with no fancy version. But judging by all the comments, battlemages as the main class is missing.
And with mods, the game can be done either way, depending on their wishes - that is not a basic concept of the original game (bought - download, install, play).

V
Vikki_vik 24.12.19

I will write a separate review, since the topic is not much different.
Once caught Spriggan who had complete protection from 3 elemental spells, had to finish with a crossbow with a funny damage, melee lasted exactly three blow to GG.
As there is a quest in the mages ' College, the very first, when you find an area that is guarded by Draugr, so the Draugr have the ability to change resistance element used GG. - Option to pass this quest on a low level GG. Otherwise, it will be very difficult.
The same problem occurs when killing dragons.
And since armor has no class, it turns out that to keep out opponents is impossible, this option works not always. And to play on the highest difficulty level mage, it's very interesting.

Spiritbrеаker about the arrows there is a mod, however most people as a bunch of arrows in every chest Magic Arrows" and me as Archer liked this mod Skyrim Realistic Archery Bows and Arrows or the simplified alternative which I use myself Disable Auto-Aim (with birds)

A
Anton Astahov 24.12.19

Vikki_vik
Well, a specificity pure mage is definitely there. Ideally, when you ride the lines of the enchantment and alchemy you can create things when dressing the manna which will not be spent in zamarachivatsya once upon a time this was tested - it is all real. Swinging branches of illusion, mysticism, destruction, healing, and voila we are not consumed manna, chilima non stop, go inviz. if very hard, stun everybody around and bite skills of destruction, Yes, maybe they are not damaged so much like arrows and daggers, but resist anyway, no one can. I remember I got bored of this game play, later mostly played stealth characters.

V
Vikki_vik 24.12.19

Anton Astakhov about it and the whole speech that the combat mechanics of magic at all. Either do too much (infinite mana) or lol GG that and can only pick for 15 minutes. And the dragon more than half of the skills of magic no effect) Voice acts, but again not provided any combat specifics )... This is most everything in addition.
One interesting point noticed that the opponents mana also ends) this is good) But playing a mage is no longer any desire, the best option Archer + zélia, zélia, zélia. and the enchantment. And with the mages complete disappointment.
Well, in the extreme case is the staff that does not require pumped skills.

Staves
Staff Mirac
Staff can take from the body of Merak after defeating Mirak at the quest "On the summit of Apocrypha". When you use the stick on the ground, a small black puddle, from which the crawling tentacles, which protect the owner's walking stick from the enemies, damaging them with poison.

The staff is very good because for once you can create a fairly large number of pools with tentacles, which, by the way, not only damage, but also stop the enemy, not letting go this kind of barrier. Thus, in battle, you can surround your character with a wall of tentacles, and quietly shoot the enemy from a ranged weapon or by magic — the opponent just can't come close to Dawakin.
Metachromasy staff changes
Staff-processing, which with the help of the enchanter staff can be subject to different enchantment (Staff of paralysis Staff of light magic), belonging to the school of magic Changes. Since initially it has no enchants, a weapon absolutely useless.
Staff of paralysis - the Target, if the resistance didn't work, paralyzed for 10 seconds. (the perk BullsEye)
Staff Magnosatin of the elder artifacts of Tamriel, was created by Magnus as a metaphysical battery. When used, it absorbs the magical energies of the victim and restores the vital energy of the medium. It is the only artifact with enough power to keep the strength of Magnus.

Staff are able to absorb incredible amounts of magical energy that makes the media dangerous for all mages. Where does the energy and in which it is converted is unknown. In this respect there are many theories, however, if we consider the relationship of the staff with the Eye of Magnus, we can assume that all the energy goes into the Eye.

Absorbs 20 points of magic per second. If the victim has no magic left, it absorbs health instead

Bugs
"Can deprive the dragons Voice (although perhaps this is not a bug. Voice-a-kind magic, too, so everything is logical);
Sometimes it turns out that the character gets a two of his staff (and very rarely three);
"If you put the stick in the upright support weapon or into a stand to leave the room and return, the staff may disappear (falls into textures).
"During storage and change the location of "moves" in the direction of the shaft.
In the end, you can make your own staff with the effect of Invisibility )) But reading the comments on the forums Invisible when not pumped stealth no useful thing, enemies can tell by the noise.

A
Ar4iba1t 24.12.19

Swing of the warrior in the cord. the armor, sword+shield/two weapons or two-handed sword. School of recovery comes first and it is necessary since we are mainly melee, and potions will not save enough, and bonuses like the stamina recovery and speed up the mana regeneration really helps. School changes are also necessary because with her help, we greatly increase armor rating early in the game, but in the end purchased almost immune to enemy magic, that well it is important + not to forget the paralysis. Because we need something to shoot at distance, take the school of destruction. The damage may not be much, but to make medium-sized enemies without engaging in close is always useful, and many of the spells rank expert/master decent damage. Here in General-you also need a school of enchantments and you have the utility of magic as a whole. That is, to live without it, but it's a lot easier.
Hmm, strange but it totally describes my character, as said above, the warrior, the cord.the armor and so on., the only thing different is the lack of schools of restoration and destruction, instead of the well pumped skill of alchemy and fire (crossbow). And it all started with the hidden Archer, and the character accordingly chose Bosmer, but then I got bored because of its simplicity and sadness (all fast burst of arrows), and actively pump a heavy set, for mages and magical art I was skeptical, but eventually realized that without magic, no arguing, chose the changes only for the magic resistance, it soon developed a school of magic.

a
arah 24.12.19

Spiritbrеаker
In one of the black books (on Solstheim) is given the ability I call the dealer. He always has sales Daedric arrows, though by a few to 12 pieces at a time, but if you use everyone you can save enough (I have 1500+ PCs). Or at least the console in help any and in any quantity

V
Vikki_vik 24.12.19

arah is the Only console commands that I use constantly save, load, qqq. Others don't use, don't like it. If you play, then play. Like the difficulty where it is necessary to think and to choose the tactics and strategy of combat. Yes, and you can mod to do chest for example, and not to bathe, right from the start of the game amplitude to add up all the you need) ... Op, first direct of Windhelm) Top Armor, weapons and all enchanted items) And interest, where is the interest? - Oh, not that now is the time to waste on a bike! - a cool phrase ))... Cheating at the hands of a weak and lazy!

Descargar magic resistance for magic damage is stupid, it's easier to find a ring or necklace with this skill and security a couple of rings - I have a full magic resistance was 130%, with 3 enchantment effects + stealth + repair health\ reserve forces. It turns out most people. But it's the original game. Considering some of the enchantments, the enchantment of one of the most useful skills. Pickpocketing is relevant only perhaps in the beginning of the game to find enchanted things. Yes, and not to craft arrows for the bow, is also useful. Using the skill of alchemy and enchantment to improve potions as much as 32% and above, several types of uniforms, you can create zélia on sickly health recovery ) ... I think up to 250 units. Despite the fact that the number of lives not to far reaches 600. That's all math... to Pump the skills of light armor, which has no emergency. Using short bow and just jabbing at enemies with arrows with a good chance of triggering paralysis from BullEye perk (100 Shooting), it is possible not to worry. Exceptions are dragons and Dragon priests. But with them and the magician is not easy. As for contactitem,they didn't like to play unless paired with someone. Otherwise, neither of which has changed the opinion.

P/s the impression that the discussions have a circle all the same thing) because comments are repeated, except that the text is different) But the essence does not change...

a
arah 24.12.19

Vikki_vik
Yes, there the guys asked the question about mods on magic and really dug mods amplifies the power of spells one, two and miscalculated. Basically everything that adds some new spells, Pets and so on.
Myself with Morrowind always play the Persians the type of warrior-mage or as it was Oble Battlemage. The Sky pure mage well, if only sakrison drive ))