3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
O
Oxyaet 26.12.19 08:47 pm

In the CIS or the United States? Where is the education better?

I believe that education in USA is much better than ours.

If you compare schools USA and the CIS, we can see and understand that the US is much better education. In the United States for each person find an individual approach, in schools they are pushing for this, that does not need to be monotonous, need to be unique and interesting personality. And what we see in the CIS? Very good schools, which differ only in appearance and people working there for a pittance. In schools CIS is not something you would be interested to learn, we have no individual approach to everyone, but if you decided to educate myself, then you will start to push in school and try to intimidate you so you had no choice, but to follow this outdated education system.

I want to write about the appearance of students. In many US schools the children go as they want, they have no restrictions on your appearance, they can look like they want to walk in the clothes that they like. I am in the 11th grade, and recently at our school said that all the boys hair length should not exceed 2 cm, it is impossible to dye your hair in bright colors, and other nonsense. After these phrases I was not even surprised.

And the latter, as taught by teachers in our schools? To say that is bad - it means nothing to say. They teach just awful, very rare teachers who really love their job and teach with pleasure, with joy. Us the teacher says to write something, we will charge, and what good is that?
How to teach teachers in the United States? I would say fine. Each teacher considers it his duty to teach the disciple, but if he doesn't, then it's a bad teacher who can't teach.

Well here is my opinion.
This is my personal opinion. And you can disagree with it.
4 Comments
Sort by:
w
warp 37 26.12.19

Don't know how in the US, but we have to be honest, is yourself. Have bachelor's degree of law and work not in the specialty. For me, higher education in our steppes - is nothing more than legalized evasion of military service.

L
Luka_gg 26.12.19

Why us when there are global statistics:

The opinion of Europeans about Russian education and student life:
Spoilergate
Student from Germany Jorn Heeze about the Orel state University: I was shocked by the fear I saw in high school
December 19, the deadline to appeal the court's decision on the illegality of the expulsion of a student from Germany Jorn Heeze from the Orel state University. Factory eagle court adopted this decision on 13 November. Student who wants to become a Russian citizen, was expelled in 2017 after his numerous attempts to improve the quality of education and conditions of life of students of the Russian University. Yorn told the correspondent of "7x7" about his life and studies in Russia.
A German from the GDR
The Jorn Gerald Heeze 47 years, he is a citizen of Germany. Became interested in Russia while still living in the GDR. Taught Russian language in school, in army, in University. Studied German law at the University of Potsdam, graduated from the hotel School of Lausanne (Switzerland). He worked for ten years in the UK, including two years as an economist in the British Parliament in the house of lords and in the house of Commons. Came to Russia in 2011, wanted to improve his Russian language.
Language courses at the Institute. A. S. Pushkina met a young man from Brussels, and they decided to look at the country. Bought tickets and went to train on the TRANS-Siberian railway. Out of the train when she wanted, lived in different cities, one or two of the day: Tyumen, Irkutsk, Ulan-Ude, Vladivostok, Khabarovsk. According to Jorn Heeze, it was 42 happy day. It was then that he decided he wanted to live in Russia. Met with a resident eagle, he told him about the virtues of the Russian heartland, and Jorn have decided. Bought a car, Packed up and arrived in eagle. But life in Russia was not as fun as the journey. What the Russians are treated as a familiar part of his life, aroused Jorn shock and the desire to fight.
"Shut up, Europe is disgraceful..."
— How it all began?
In 2014 I entered the Orel University preparatory school, graduated and in 2015 entered the first course of the faculty of Economics. In the first semester, I analyzed the curricula of the University of Berlin, Cambridge, London INTO Newcastle, and asked his Dean: why in Europe the first year of study special subjects, and we have the culture, the philosophy, the health and safety (BDZ), or exercise — simply we are wasting time and not studying specialty. He replied that it is all about Moscow, and there's nothing they can do. Very sorry. After all we have to do what's important now. Cultural studies, BDZ should be in school or College, not to take dozens of hours at the University. Another problem: all the teaching is designed for the hearing, which complicates training — we are aliens! We asked the teachers to conduct lessons in the form of presentations, we'd worked with them out of hours — useless.
Then there is Dean threw up his hands. And what you decided to do?
I wrote a letter to the rector of the training school, the first Vice-rector, the rector — that the curriculum at the faculty of Economics is not adequate to the present challenges that exist in Russia. Compared it with what I have seen in Germany, great Britain, Mexico.
Right wrote: not adequate?
Yes. I explained that just sit idly by, looking at the sky flying crane, and wasting time — not my motto of life that I am convinced that the new Russia of the XXI century received unprecedented odds, and must realize this without exception. This is what your wrote Fyodor Tyutchev in 1867:

Shut up, Europe is disgraceful!
And do not shake your rights,
You just have Russian f...
And you think that the head.
Those in whom Russia needs, who is hoping is Russian universities, and future generations will thank us, if we will make all necessary efforts and will do everything possible for today's students. Need a responsible, well-educated, disciplined and constructively-minded students.
Is you to the rector explained?
— Yes, but what is being done? By the beginning of the school year has not been issued and no educational plans for the semester, not curriculum subjects, illogical and irrational seems the sequence and number of training sessions organized within one school day, starting after noon and continuing until late in the evening, or begin with intense physical activity — it does not take into account physiological aspects.
We do not have enough of such disciplines as "History of economic thought", which is necessary for a better understanding of macroeconomics. The curricula of the University. Humboldt in Berlin, the Technical University of Dresden, Oxford with a first-rate intensive study of a special discipline, and don't exercise.
I am aware of the fact that established over the years a structure is very difficult to make some changes, but those who closely follow what is happening today in the world, understand competitors are not asleep!
You wrote it all in German?
— In Russian. It was the first small step, which showed that I was "uncomfortable" student. Because I started to talk to them as if on an equal footing about what they consider to speak to me impossible, because I'm just a student.
— You responded?
— Officially no. But I got a call from the Vice-rector for educational and methodical work of Mrs. Samitivej — they wanted to prepare me for an individualized education plan.
— You agreed?
— No.
Why?
— I wanted to learn with their classmates and didn't want exceptions just for me. And I was interested to see how all this will develop further. To understand what is happening. Well, if you want, hell.
— Student traveler?
— Well, Yes.

Student as a source of University income
How much you pay for education?
— 73400 rubles a year.
— By European standards it's a bit?
— In Germany 220-230 euros per semester — about 30 thousand rubles for a year of study at the University. That is, the price is lower. And education of higher quality. I, for one, was shocked by the fact that the teacher teaching the subject, taking the exam on this subject. We can not. Because it eliminates objectivity We get Commission is the other people you've never seen, and validates your knowledge, and the teacher was not even allowed to go into the classroom! The student shows a paper that he completed a course of training, the Commission opens the package, pulls out of the task, students are given two hours to prepare a response. All sit separately. Here, all on the same bench, — not! I know, don't know — go home, you're not a student anymore!
I understand the problem: not enough money, and every student is the financial support of the University. Not passed the exam, was expelled — did not get the money, and the city increased unemployment, and the man who has no education and occupation is the problem. You have higher education is, in my opinion, just a social project and no more.
— Approximately so. At the time, the eagle brand was consciously created a large number of universities so that young people pick up from the street for a long time kept the second place in Russia by number of students per 100 thousand population. Then it was made for the solution of social problems.
But such resources?! The government spends a lot of money. Expect qualified professionals, but they are not. I pay a lot of money, and what do you get? When I came here, looked at the world rankings of universities. There OGU was on the 4700 out of 26 000. Then dropped to 8 th place 9 th, 11 th, it was time enterprises of the Oryol state University and the state University — unpk. She began to climb — now at 8200 place. To fall is easy, but to climb is very difficult.
The fight against "small animals"
— I had my own room in a student dormitory. I lived there for three years. He had it repaired. I bought the Board, made shelves for the books — I have about 700, built a bed, and have created jobs. My friends from Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Congo and Benin are often came to me and talked, I taught them English — style life with open doors. But once it was back in 2014, I came to him and saw the mattresses on which they sleep: such a narrow, old. I went to Moscow and bought seven mattresses so they could sleep normally like humans. Because without a good night's sleep may not be readiness to learn. It is unfortunate that these young people live so badly.
And in the bathroom — mold, fungus. Mother 20 years has worked as a inspector for the promotion and research workplace of the Ministry of the environment, when he saw it, was in shock: "Where do you live?!". Well, here are live. Rather, he lived... I know that every student living in the dormitory, paying 450 rubles a month for utilities — a lot, although I can't even adjust the temperature in the room, we drown the street. And only 48 rubles taking into account the hostel, which is very little...
Last year in March-April I saw a friend of a student from Benin, whose hands were covered in red spots. I asked, what is it? He said, "in my room little animals that bite". "What animals? What are you talking about?" — I was surprised. He asked me to go in his room and I saw someone's small narrow footprints on the wall, on the bed. We lifted the mattress and there is a small little animal. I did not know of, I saw them first time in my life. Bugs.
If in Germany or in the UK there would be a problem, the room would be immediately quarantined, cleaned up and everything. So I asked: "did You talk to the commandant?". "Yes, of course," he replied. And what she said? "Get out! There is no money, what do you want from me?". And the students themselves called the Oryol company. Paid money to carry out disinfestation. Two months bedbugs moved around the holes that the workers are not sealed in the conduct of the Internet. And got to me. Call in Berlin: "Mommy, what can I do?". She advised all to handle hot water. And here I am boiling water from the kettle spilled all... I collected these animals in a small jar. About 30 pieces. Started the car and drove with bugs in the main building of the University. Came to the office of the first Vice-rector Alexander Fedotov, with whom I have a good relationship because I corrected the errors on the University's website in German. And said, "I'm Sorry, but if you still don't know how to look for the bugs, here's the Bank. They were from my Dorm room". He immediately called in some company, after 4-5 days, people came and treated it all...
In General, you coped with the bugs?
Yes. Most of them are not. But come the cockroaches. And so much. And so rapidly multiplied — we have them in the kitchen and meringue dancing! My God, they have infiltrated everywhere. Under the pipes, through the fire system... as I killed them — I don't know. Shoes on the walls, on the refrigerator — tum-tum-tum... We bought some yellow paste special in the store, spray — useless. So live Russian students, and so are we.
Illegal quarantine
— November 28, 2016 in the hostel on the basis of the order of the rector Olga Pilipenko declared quarantine. On 25 January I decided to invite a guest to work together to translate the text, but the doorman didn't miss it, referring to the quarantine. But quarantine is when nobody comes, nobody goes And then just don't let not living in the hostel of people. I took photos and interviewed residents of nine hostels, if they have a quarantine? It turned out, four Yes, five no. That is, we sit together in class, then disagree, but some "lock", and others. What is the logic?
— What?
— I realized that it was easier to work with the guard and everything was under his control. No communication, no parties, no meetings. Prison. And then I went to the head of epidotdela center of hygiene and epidemiology of the Oryol region Elena Torubarova. Asked whether the right of the rector to make a decision on the Declaration of the quarantine in the dormitory to the University? She said, "It's illegal". In addition, there must be a prescribed duration, and then indefinitely.
— You thought it was a violation of your rights?
— Of course. Quarantine is the separation and retention, not the lock on the entrance. And I sent a letter to the rector, in which he said that his resolution was unlawful, and asked him to withdraw.
— And you said?
Nothing. Orders removed. But the quarantine lasted 68 days.
"I didn't know what the complaint is sent to those whom complain"
— Bugs destroyed, the illegal order was canceled. Were you pleased with?

— Not until the end. I wrote five letters to the Ministry of education of the Russian Federation and sent them along with 20 photos of the hostel (only entrance for foreign students) with bedbugs, cockroaches, obleplennuyu walls, mold, etc. Wrote about the quarantine and regulations in the hostel when guests are allowed to come only family... I didn't know what the complaint is sent, to whom complain. We in Germany it does not happen. We send a Commission, which is looking whether the complaints of reality. And if confirmed, the University administration held accountable. In Russia all differently.
19 may I received a letter from the Ministry of education together with the reply of the rector, who wrote that I deliberately misrepresented the facts and misinterpreted the documents. I decided to do things differently. Again, I took a picture of the sanitary condition of the dormitories, but with the date of the shooting which puts the camera, took the answer of the rector to the Ministry, put the answer Orel Rospotrebnadzora about illegality of the imposition of quarantine and went with all of this in Moscow with the intention to meet with the S. M. Bryzgalova, Deputy Director of the Department of state policy in the sphere of education of children and youth — the man who gave me the answer. It was at the end of may this year.
I wrote a letter to Olga Pilipenko about what I'm shocked at how she denigrates and undermines my credibility and integrity instead of thank and Express gratitude to the one who pays attention and is evidence of totally unacceptable living conditions unsanitary conditions. I wrote that administrative division OSU has not made the slightest effort to fix any of the problems that I mentioned. Meanwhile, I myself with my own money bought a new kitchen faucet, two shower kit, new drainage for the bath, the shower curtain, new toilet seat, about 30 light bulbs. I called on the Chancellor to bring me an apology.
— You're sorry?
— No. On June 13 I was expelled. However, it did not affect the decision of the local Rospotrebnadzor, who came to the hostel on June 19 and recorded violations of the sanitary condition, confirming my point.
— Why were you expelled?
— Officially — "for neglect of duty for the conscientious development of educational programs and implementation of educational plan".
— You had two?
— No, I was mostly five and four.
— What happened then?
— I conscientiously studied in the third semester mastered extra program "State and municipal management", which was done perfectly. Then finally realized that I wanted to withdraw from the faculty of Economics. The faculty of foreign languages, learn French. November 3, I submitted the application about it. November 9, has received the approval of the certification Commission and began to attend classes at the faculty of foreign languages. Suddenly, on 28 December, after almost two months, I was told that for translation need to be translated into Russian language for my passport. It turned out that the translator is on vacation until January 14. I had to wait. Well February 7 I learned that the new education contract cannot be concluded, since all the procedures had to be completed before the start of the second semester! No one ever told me that there are some problems with the faculty of Economics.
On may 22 I passed the proficiency test in English, and on June 1 I was told that the translation into foreign languages stopped because of arrears in payments. I immediately paid and received a request from the administration of the University on the provision of explanations about the lack of classes at the faculty of Economics.
All strongly agree with him, he just talk and see how eyes degraded ALL spheres in Russia, including education cuts, reduction of hours, priorities. Here even the stats rolled - 75% are not ready to work.
CIS will not pull in any way, in comparison with the EU and the USA, where education and science poured huge amounts of money. There's even silly to compare. But damn, You're sitting at an American computer, American Internet, brush teeth German electric toothbrush (the best in the world), go to European American buses and trucks (the best in the world, according to even Russian journals), buy iPhones stand behind them in line and the dollar - the most reliable currency, which make 99% of all transactions, the second place - Euro. Smart people built all this, Nobel prize winners, the most in the US, like inventions, and achievements. I read a lot about American schools, they are really good in quality education, canteen, approach to pupils. the preparation of work activities, choice of profession, and even banal delivery of students.
Of course I want my children studied in the us or the EU, but not in the schools of the CIS countries.

V
Vladimir_Aleksandrovich 26.12.19

VOVAN WOLF wrote:
You sit at American computer, American Internet, brush teeth German electric toothbrush (the best in the world), go to European American buses and trucks (the best in the world, according to even Russian journals), buy iPhones stand behind them in line and the dollar - the most reliable currency, which make 99% of all transactions, the second place - Euro. Smart people built all this, Nobel prize winners, the most in the United States, as inventions
Only it is not the merit of the American educational system. In the same Microsoft full of Chinese, Indians and Russians, who did not study in the States or Europe. But Yes, the sad truth is that in the US the government provides strong financial support to the geniuses and talented people.

V
Vladimir_Aleksandrovich 26.12.19

Oxyaet
It depends on what you need. It is all the same knowledge, I think you can get more in the CIS. We though is the decline of the education system (just like the exam), but still have really great teachers of the old school.
Well, the conditions are certainly better in the West and the diplomas listed worldwide.