3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
C
Crammis 06.01.20 09:46 am

Involved half the VRAM.

I will explain briefly. In games where there is an indicator of VRAM in the settings (GTA5, TW Rome2,Радуга6) is displayed 986мб memory. The Nvidia gt 740m gеforce, in the specifications stated that it is designed for 2giga. I noticed that in dxdiag the service also stated that the display memory (video memory) 986мб. How to use all the memory? What MB what I do not understand. I hope for You friends. Thanks in advance.
4 Comments
Sort by:
b
bazilews 06.01.20

The use of memory depends on the graphics settings of the game.
The higher the graphics settings,the more VRAM is used.

w
william1992 06.01.20

Crammis
2GB memory of the graphics card that it can recover from operational

D
Dako7 06.01.20

Crammis
The amount of video memory affects the quality of the textures, you know as the owner 1063, cool as they can. You can experiment, in the texture Quality from min to max, see how the memory will jump, if not fully loaded then it is not necessary 2GB, no problems.

-
---VENOM--- 06.01.20

Few did not understand the wording it is designed for 2giga - where is it said ? After all, there are modifications and with 1 gig of memory. So first, you need to make sure in the laptop it gt 740m 2 gig memory, not 1 GB (look on the manufacturer's website info, GPU-z try some other things for monitoring). If 2 gig - try to rearrange the driver or at the latest, or on those that go from the laptop manufacturer's website. For example, I have gt 635m and dxdiag says 1990 meters approx. May be the BIOS update.
And yet - when it started then ?