3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
E
Eternal Traveller 07.01.20 02:40 pm

Increase the voltage of the power supply after the new vidyuhi

Good evening!
I apologize for nubstvo, for full letters)
The problem is this - I decided to finally upgrade. The old GeForce GTX 770 (with power consumption 230 Watt) was replaced by the GeForce GTX 1060 (respectively, 120). Power supply unit Vx-500 standard worked and gave output voltages 5 / 12 / 3.3 Volts (within the experimental error, of course).
After the installation of more economical vidyuhi 3.3 Volt changed to 3.69-3.7 Volts (looked through the BIOS); when you install the old video card everything is back to normal.
What could be the problem?
8 Comments
Sort by:
S
Sanchez Ramirez 07.01.20

In modern systems voltage 3.3 V does not play a big role. A bit high, of course, even with the error (5%). Other voltages do not change, as I understand it? In General, for a full understanding of the picture it would be nice to watch testimony in the stress test (aida64).

S
SPR1GGAN 07.01.20

Eternal Traveller
now the key question ,why do you care ,if everything works?

h
hrdCore 07.01.20

Eternal Traveller wrote:
looked through the BIOS
Eternal Traveller
you need to look with a normal multimeter. And measurement to produce a connector ATX 24 pin. Otherwise further discussion on the level of divination.

E
Eternal Traveller 07.01.20

SPR1GGAN
If everything worked, I would have noticed:) the following Symptoms - your computer dies as if you turned off the electricity, rebooting the machine does not start. Until that happened while working in MOVAVI and games.

E
Eternal Traveller 07.01.20

Sanchez Ramirez
The rest don't change. Aida looked before the creation of the theme - in simple tension increased, to 3.6 - 3.7 Volts when you start the test - it falls somewhere to 3.4 Volts.
More indications will be able to attach somewhere on Friday, the authorities sent for short PDA.
hrdCore
The case for small - to find in my corner of the bear normal multimeter:)

Thank you for taking the time with my problem, guys.

S
SPR1GGAN 07.01.20

Eternal Traveller
maybe the power connectors?
how many power pins it was in 770 and many in 1060? and there, each company has their own fun
if you were involved in new cords ,then maybe that's their problem

S
Sanchez Ramirez 07.01.20

Yeah. Either the block or the motherboard works protection. Mother a case not ASUS?

And so one could say that aerocool blocks and, apparently, with voltage regulation problems, but it is still up in the air. In any case, comrade hrdCore BP eats for Breakfast and understand them better, perhaps, than all GHGs combined. So Yes, to start is one hundred percent verify with a multimeter what the voltage levels on the output really.

d
drill2 07.01.20

under load the voltage will always drop, so it is normal when after installing a graphics card with less power consumption voltage increase.