3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
SKA76RUS 17.09.19 06:00 pm

The strongest faction (Medieval 2: Total War)

Let's discuss what is the Strongest Faction, which is easier to pass the game which more interesting etc.
199 Comments
Sort by:
D
DenKuz 17.09.19

Mine is France, because the strong archers, good cavalry and infantry.

b
bibizyana 17.09.19

I,accustomed to playing for Russia,with their retinue on foot fell when he saw the har-Ki knights.But bikes are the coolest knights lost to the squad)

M
Mag-88 17.09.19

in my opinion the strongest nation is Venice..first its convenient location.near Ragusa are the lands of the Byzantine Empire and there you can quickly pump the priests who will soon become cardinals.then at the beginning of the game you can capture Zagreb and Florence, which have a very high income even as with wooden walls..then Heraklion located near Turkey and Egypt respectively, it is possible to send troops to the Crusades to the fastest to reach the goal or just announcing the settlement the capital to capture Byzantium and the Islamic lands, without a chance of their rebellion because of the hostile religion..again, due to the fact that almost all of the buildings almost all cities and castles 2-3 is that the financial situation is very beneficial and the money I have on the 20th the moves already high level of USD 70 thousand. now let's talk about the military line..u talashek the most powerful starting a militia so that they can successfully fight sales against castle troops and the defense of cities they are not equal..I even managed to defend the city, 4 units of militia crossbowmen of the city when he was Sicilian and Norman cavalry knights and all this reinforced by archers....troops of the castle worth noting a small variety of infantry for the foot knights and the Venetian pehota conjunction are embodim purchase. knights have a powerful armor with which they bubud to deter enemy troops and the infantry will finish because it has a very strong attack Pritchett they are as well protected..again from the cities to the army can recruit crossbowmen and archers Venetian castle which in addition to decent damage arrows can in the melee to stand up for themselves pricesummary they are in armor that gives them an advantage...
really the only thing that cavalry is weak but there is not so loho..Venice have almost no strand of cava, however, is full of light which will be useful on the rebound from the flanks or prosecution of protivnika..and there are horse crossbowmen are very well compete with the forces of the Polish nobility and Hungarian cavalry skirmishers..again can distract shooting the Mongolian cavalry which is well demolished crossbowmen..
In principle, I have been on the highest difficulty at 30m the course to capture almost the entire HRE part of the Byzantine Empire with Constantinople iimet inexhaustible cash flow handled over 100 thousand under the most liberal construction!

D
Di-Ays 17.09.19

The Mongols and Timurids.
If about playable - France.

K
Kirill721 17.09.19

It... the Mongols and Timurids they take the number. When you meet them in equal quantity of them can break scary.
In my opinion the strongest is Russia, and I think so not because I am a patriot

A
AceVentura97 17.09.19

PEOPLE PLZ TELL Zlotow Horde for mono playing I current beginner hike I won but guys ( but then I saw a quote that people played the Golden Horde against SVI ) if so can you tell me how???Or is he not in the company were playing if anyone knows plz tell me I really want the Mongols to play )

D
DenKuz 17.09.19

AceVentura97
In battle you can. In the campaign I do not know...

S
St-Teodor 17.09.19

Byzantium - If we do meet we the Turks can make moves 10, then Hungary, which was romantically involved with Constantinople, Venice and Milan will do... However, the Mongols... But I drove through Asia Minor on the Difficult level

D
DenKuz 17.09.19

Di-Ays
The Mongols and Timurids.
These friends strong so that they appear pulled together against the hordes of unprepared and completely dumbfounded factions... Yes for a time, their hands are killed many powers. It's a matter of time.

From playable:
Venice. Because they have fairly strong and developed heavy infantry and archers. Horse Lanz Spectate also have an effect. In defense of the cities they're just not surpassed. Militia crossbowmen pleased with its power and mobility, and most importantly, they can be hired already after 20 moves of the game.

Still France. Strong late Knights and Pikemen. Scotch guard is good. Well, even noble knights on foot and horseback. A lot of territories from them in the beginning. Good strategic position of the country.

S
St-Teodor 17.09.19

DenKuz
Okay for France to play for those who like harder, because it prevents England to move to the mainland of Spain is threatened constantly by Milan, who, as always, warning in advance, to the East of the French rebels to subdue, and Kaiser will not want to miss the division.

B
Bogdan_NSK 17.09.19

Someone here said that in SS 6.1 Novgorod and Kievan Rus one of the weakest...Not agree,the statistics and custom battle is nonsense.In my opinion the strongest faction in the game that to which the soul is.I have and she lies to Novgorod and Kievan Rus) in Love forever in units of Kievan Rus,the important thing is to live up to them.The shield wall of the 8 units of Varangian spearmen(horses not pass,and even more infantry) + 6 units of Varangian archers(all wet,and their own and others) + one squad of unkillable walking team(in Kiev it is really indestructible,Novgorod developed hurt) on each side and one unit in the center + one squad fearless Kiev nobility on the sides(awesome riders,I like more of the Royal guards) + General(the more fierce,the better) = the invincible army <3)) Besides Varangian units are relatively cheap in the content,the ratio price/quality ;)

K
Kostya 71 17.09.19

What people say about Denmark not the coolest but the Vikings-raiders, housecarls, slashdance-soldiers, the militia with the Glaive, Norse archers for most of the characteristics is not inferior to walking the princely retinue

S
ShamomahS 17.09.19

To Kostya 71
Scandinavian archers for most of the characteristics is not inferior to from the Prince
I do not agree, Norse archers are weaker than the Prince from the squad, and Pro riders generally keep quiet. If you put them one by one, the squad beat the Scandinavians.

K
Kostya 71 17.09.19

I'm not saying that they are the coolest, I said most of characteristics except range attack from the bow and then in my opinion bet the Danes in a dogfight->close fight, the Danes will Plastal small salad most of the units in MTW, before the era of firearms, the Viking raiders cheap and cheerful, but need to get to melee (I don't leave them alone) I also noticed that the axe is a seriously+armor penetration (dead city police + robbers = - most generals)

K
Kostya 71 17.09.19

Please note that the majority of equal characteristics is of paramount importance, the experience of detachment, a dead Mongol archers with their initial MTW, not Teutonic, under attack by the heavy cavalry but die not run

S
ShamomahS 17.09.19

To Kostya 71
Then pay your attention to the Scots. Their highlanders strong guys without armor with axes, felled the knights of good Hiking from the British, as they have the best pikemen, too, well done guys. They can say the same for Denmark, with their zamorochki, but similar much.

K
Kostya 71 17.09.19

Scotland must be one of the richest I did not see it, Portugal is also a very strong pikemen and in my opinion the Most powerful States in General:
Europe Spain, Portugal and Venice
Muslim Turkey,
Orthodox Rus

K
Kostya 71 17.09.19

These States have almost all the troops for every taste (my opinion) maybe it is something not correct, but the computer allows me to go behind him and his army begins to run out, if you could play with a person with the development

K
Kostya 71 17.09.19

sorry not podskazhesh how to open England veterans in armor, Hiking HRE Gothic knights, France Noble archers

S
ShamomahS 17.09.19

To Kostya 71
The first two posts even do not want to comment, there's so much there with which I disagree.

And about Gothic knights, I answered you in the topic Unique units

British veterans in the shell:
Open the file export_descr_buildings, it is located in the folder data, then find the line:

garrison_quarters castle requires factions { northern_european, middle_eastern, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, }
{
convert_to 0
capability
{

After it put this:

recruit_pool Armored Sergeants 1 0.5 6 0 requires factions { england, }

Go:

drill_square castle requires factions { northern_european, middle_eastern, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, }
{
convert_to 1
capability
{

Put after it this:

recruit_pool Armored Sergeants 1 0.8 7 0 requires factions { england, }

On:

barracks castle requires factions { northern_european, middle_eastern, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, }
{
convert_to 2
capability
{

And put:

recruit_pool Armored Sergeants 1 1 7 0 requires factions { england, }

And the last barracks:

armoury castle requires factions { northern_european, middle_eastern, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, }
{
convert_to 3
capability
{

Put after:

recruit_pool Armored Sergeants 1 1 8 0 requires factions { england, }

Now you'll be able to hire them in the castle barracks, starting from the third level

You probably meant no noble archers, and Hiking the French archers, for this find:

archery_range castle requires factions { northern_european, middle_eastern, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, }
{
capability
{

And after it put this:

recruit_pool French Mounted Archers 1 0.4 5 0 requires factions { france, }

On:

marksmans_range castle requires factions { northern_european, middle_eastern, eastern_european, greek, southern_european, }
{
capability
{

And after it put this:

recruit_pool Dismounted French Archers 1 0.5 5 0 requires factions { france, }

Now you can hire them in the shooting range of the castle, starting from the third level.