3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
Lyapkin Dmitriy 11.01.20 12:58 pm

Fails to start without any errors. (Metro 2033)

She added to the metro library in steam, when its free distributed. Decided to play and see how it is from Redux has. Installed it, and she didn't even start: it gets out the steam that runs the game, steam shows that I am in the game (it lasts about 3 seconds) and then nothing, for all that she doesn't even start (black screen even not). Using benchmark also tried to run, but he (the benchmark) could not run metro. Specifications of my laptop: Intel Core i7 4700HQ (2400 MHz), 8192 MB DDR3L, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M (2048 MB). I also have windows 10.
5 Comments
Sort by:
G
Georgiy Timoshin 11.01.20

most likely this is because Windows, for 10ke not a very well-working old games, try to enable compatibility mode with XP or 7

Y
Yagor179 11.01.20

The same crap was it because of the PhysX, you need to install the legacy version.

L
Lyapkin Dmitriy 11.01.20

I re-installed all MV C ++, Net.Framework, DirectX, installed different versions of PhysX (including legacy),turned off antivirus, ran as administrator, put compatibility all the way back to windows 95 (not, and if we're good), the graphics driver too, so I installed the driver from the game folder - nothing helped. Pereprobyval already 10 methods and nothing, even though the diversity of errors (I so envy those who have it at least on the splash screen crashes).

B
Bupycop 11.01.20

Dmitriy Lyapkin
play Redux, as if for comparison, you can on YouTube to see the differences in these versions.

Y
Yagor179 11.01.20

Dmitriy Lyapkin
Then try this:
Folder
C:\Program Files (x86)NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common
C:\Program Files (x86)NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Engine\v2.8.3
copy all the files in the game folder, I did that.