3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
SPIRIT3232 11.01.20 10:53 pm

Impressions of the game (Grim Dawn)

Share opinions, the game is already in steam and playable
34 Comments
Sort by:
D
DjDuke 11.01.20

Was soldier, a Demoman and a shaman on the veteran, a total of 30 hours. Curve balance, a lot of gaps, single-button salicifolia dull builds, a complete lack of tactical skills. The system of the constellations, the analogy of the tree of passives of Path of Exile, Kraft almost primik from Diablo 3. The game world is significantly less than TQ. The only thing that I like is the choice of answers in the dialogues and some variation in quests.
As a result, the same wooden Titan Quest 2006 with a minimum of changes, marking time without any development.

D
Ded MastDay 11.01.20

Passed guardian on normal, now on Elite, a total of 150 hours. With balance everything is in order. Diversity of builds is sufficient for any preferences. The system of the constellations at first glance similar to the tree of passion of PoE, but in fact nothing in common. The game world of course does not scale to Titan Quest, but it can still expand in the DLC.
As a result, the game is a worthy representative of the genre as TQ in his time, and deserves a place in the sun among giants such as Diablo 3 and Path of Exile, although it has some drawbacks. Well and where not? In the same PoE a mountain of shortcomings.

D
Dron_Ur 11.01.20

DjDuke
How is it possible to go 30 hours with three Persians? If you were running as in the ass stung and you felt all sad and builds a single button, it is not so. Yes, the same soldier did not impress me and seemed to dull zaklikivanie, but maybe just needed to gain more levels. XS. But the bomber is very pleased, as on the effectiveness of AOE and beauty effects, quite fun when the crowd mobs burns and explodes))) Haarstrick plus two gun also looks very cool. Tried another okultista, is also quite good.

G
Gear9465 11.01.20

Successor To Titan Quest.
The game is an exact copy of the game developed by Iron Lore Entertainment and published by THQ on June 26 2006 Titan Quest.Gameplay, interface, skills, game mechanics, all as in the good old Titan.If you played Titan Quest, then you'll love Grim Dawn.If you have not played TQ, then you still love GD:D the Atmosphere is a little dark but you get used to it.Still Titan Quest was brighter and more colorful.

p
pochtipushkin 11.01.20

Gear9465

The game is an exact copy of the game developed by Iron Lore Entertainment and published by THQ

I do not agree. An exact copy is copying without introducing new ideas. GD are a number of changes. At least, this is the faction system, the system of piety and the Crucible. Rather say, GD is a modified TQ.

Yet, after 50 simulated hours, the game only positive impressions. For the obvious disadvantages are not noticed. Though, most likely, due to the rather deep RPG component, there are problems with balance. . . and perhaps no. . .

For me, as a fan, TQ, Grim Dawn is a 10 out of 10.

DjDuke

Was soldier, a Demoman and a shaman on the veteran, a total of 30 hours.

Over 30 hours. . . shaman. . . bomber. . . soldier. . . But on cross-classes apparently did not hear? Or is it still not passed? But played 30 minutes and did not even realize that you are cross-classes? The whole review is similar to the Haight man, who generate 30 minutes and fast, splashing out a superficial knowledge about the game in the similarity analysis.

PS Not once met complaint on odnocletocnami game, the boredom associated with zaklikivaniem. Play for a Caster (Shaman+Occultist), not enough hot keys for active skills. With odnocletocnami has faced, and the tension and complexity provide: the hardcore mode and the difficulty veteran.

L
LaFeT666 11.01.20

the game

U
USER_NT 11.01.20

Great game! What day are stuck.

N
Nightma[R]e 11.01.20

How to play the THIS? When every 10-15 minutes the game hangs perfectly still. No possibility of saving.

A
AT_Sagor 11.01.20

Nightma[R]e
It's called, welcome to the new Bahamas. So happened to 1.0.0.8, I never could play as soon as someone connects components, so there is a chance out of the game, eventually more than an hour to play. But alone, everything is fine.

s
stranjer8 11.01.20

Let's be honest, the game should be interesting even to those who want to complete the game once. Actually I don't like hardcore and high complexity. In all sorts of Dark Soulsы I play so I never will. But the game should give at least some challenge. Playing for the shooter with two guns, reached the portal in"the Swamps of Evil, and I have a strong feeling that I could do nothing to pump and reach this place without problems. The usual opponents are not just weak - they have none. At best one attack takes 5% health, but most often does not take anything of 5-10 HP which were immediately restored using a very strange system of regeneration. Incidentally, the local mana, also regenerare and almost do not spend money. However, she does not need, because you could do without any active skills. Of course, sometimes there are strong mobs, but they are a rarity and they are so strong, as it should be strong normal mobs. And I played on the only available difficulty - Normal with mode Veteran. I don't want to suffer from boredom in this, only to open up the complexity above. It's even in Titan Quest was dumb. But even TQ isn't so easy (though still easy). In General, in any game, this is a very bad is - open high (any kind of) complexity only after the player passes the game entirely.

And if you think that the game has problems only with the complexity, then no. The class system is completely pointless. In TQ it was clear: there is a set of simple classes that, combined, you get multi-class. In Grim Dawn all simple classes are multi-classes, scattered them skills. Pure small class, for example, not at all. Shooting skills in a small amount scattered across two different classes, but this is complete nonsense and mishmash.

E
ERHater 11.01.20

Impression of the game is so-so, killed her 2 weeks in the evenings, to the gameplay, no complaints, the usual information, but no story. Videos want to dissipate, dialogues and texts in General are not worth attention, but everything after the entire map and pump up to level 80, quests ran out, apparently not enough reputation with some of the groups and find out no desire. Some beta Diablo. I left 90%, without waiting for the ending. If you have not played, better look for Van Hellsing.

K
Kay Owald 29.10.22

An excellent successor to the Titan Quest. Those who played it will catch Greek flashbacks literally from every menu, but at the same time, Dawn turned out to be very original.
You can even say that this is a very much brought to mind Titan Quest, but in its own interesting world and with its own chips.
The world is gloomy. A lot of things foreshadowed trouble, as we learn from the notes, the shadows lengthened simply unspeakably until the Gloomy Dawn happened, that is, the end of the world in our opinion. Not just demons invaded the world, but two different (and even warring) types of demons. A handful of enclaves are left of the people, in one of which our hero is about to be hanged... Wait, what?
The game looks very good, despite some monotony, especially in the dungeons. Interesting and varied critters, good effects. Everything is very convenient and worked out, it’s just a thrill to play, especially if you choose a build to your liking in advance, because the role-playing system is quite diverse, and there are just a lot of class combinations. The levels have secret stashes and even entire secret levels.
Music sticks out of the game as a separate tentacle of chic. What was the last roguelike with such cool and catchy music? Way of the Exile, yes. And before that, perhaps the first Diablo, but purely on nostalgia. And then you just stop to listen and quite often.
The plot is somewhat sparse overall, but well detailed (for a game of this genre). We kill some kind of creature khtonyashek. There is one more creature in the DLS, but this time etherials. The second DLC generally kicks the story sideways. That is, we do not save the world, we do not stop this very Dawn, we do not drive out these deposits of aliens, but we simply help the survivors, learning along the way how the Dawn happened, which is quite interesting, by the way. It seems that the plot is not finished and they will rivet a bunch more DLS (although for good you need to do the second part). Additional tasks in places are frankly ... genre, that is, none, but there are also really interesting ones, even with a choice and with memorable characters that may appear next. The world is very interesting and well served for its genre, especially in terms of characters.
The main disadvantage (for me, for someone it may be a plus) is that you need to go through the game three times (on different difficulties, well, like in Titan Quest) to see all the content. On the absolute, there will be new enemies and even entire tasks, which is bad. It used to be possible to play such games dozens of times because there weren’t really any alternatives, but now, when games are no worse, or even better than dozens if not hundreds, this is simply wrong.
After the main campaign and two story DLCs, there is already some fatigue from the game. It seems that you want more and more because it is played very excitingly, but without a plot it makes no sense. Two plot DLC is more than enough, then only the second part.
In any case, this is one of the best and high-quality action / RPG in recent years.
9/10

Grim Dawn: Ashes of Malmouth
The first DLC that logically continues the plot of the original campaign. Excellent first half, the developers have pumped the skill of level design very well. But the fig second, because the city, for nothing that atmospheric. This pile of houses is boring as a location for a game, I don't like that. Although in the end they did very well. And slippery. Brr.
The plot is quite in the spirit, there are hints of why our character is so cool (because not only he is). We will meet several familiar characters, some of which you would not even expect to see.
8/10

Grim Dawn: Forgotten Gods
A side-scroll from the main story, featuring the Witch Gods. Well, those three from the Hidden Path. The main disadvantage and misunderstanding is that it seems like the plot comes after everything else and there really is no point in going there before (because there are quests of characters that we will meet much later in the main plot), but they launch us there almost immediately after the start of the game (and this quest will constantly hang, damn it). Why is unclear.
As in the past DLC, half of the levels are good, half are not so good. Only here the first half with the desert is not very good. I was already desperate to wait for the game developers to realize that the desert is one of the worst options for a setting. Because it's a damn desert! From the word "empty"! Fortunately, there will be an oasis and a reference worm and beautiful rocks and volcanic ruins.
The plot is quite good, if you are not too lazy to look for secret notes. Three are straight up.
Well, the second main misunderstanding relates to localization. Why is Creepy World so beautiful!? I understand that the word supernatural is very long, but the creatures and that same parallel world are not creepy, but supernatural. It could have been a better synonym. But not creepy at all.
But in general I liked it.
8/10

m
marvelosi 29.10.22

Hello. Is there a game like NG+ (New Game+)

W
Wolf Mercenary 29.10.22

Marvelosi
As in Titan Quest, three difficulties are unlocked after completing the previous difficulty - Normal/Veteran, Elite, Ultimate.
Roughly speaking, on the first difficulty, the ceiling of enemies is level 60, on the second - 80, on the third - 100. The higher the difficulty, the better the loot and rewards. On the last difficulty, several cool secret quests open up. But unlike Titan, bosses are not added in the game with increasing difficulty.