3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
p
petja5 18.09.19 08:16 pm

Egypt (Medieval 2: Total War)

After all for Russia, decided to look at the game from the Muslim point of view. For thrills, decided to play for Egypt. After 40-50 moves and visited the first Chervona thought: tailorwikirules troops can not wait. Sadly, though it's obvious: stay in the wilderness more harm than good? The idea of an armored opponent will tire quicker, therefore easier to break. The main thing is to drive it, or rather him, for some time. However, the lack of heavy infantry is particularly acute when Sterne cities/fortresses. I spent about a dozen, and all the time, if not able to spy open the gate and had to climb on the walls, MOU Saracen raked the ordinary militia of the enemy! Threw on the walls of the two-handed topromote (they are hired in the cities) - with the same success. It got to the point, one of the militias barely beaten out two squads of my soldiers approaching the wall from different sides. In this case, if the second gape, first time well to cutting. What the hell?!
Of course when the PDE towers continue to shoot my soldiers in the back, so it's probably the same. But when playing as a European nation such was not observed. There are towers with side loop-holes did not shoot. That is, if you climbed on the wall, you can calmly deal with the squad of defenders, and then to sum up the main force. Is that a feature of the towers of the Muslim city? And anyway, why do they keep shooting, if through them were my soldiers? In the idea they're all killed.
And noticed one peculiarity: for some reason, the fourth level of infantry and the third level luschikov in castles (Negro troops), all inferior to their predecessors. They are more expensive, and less armor on them, and bonus when the battle in the desert they have. Here what for they then? I have no squad, but to build accounts that would further develop the building. Maybe there's some nuance in these Negro troops, I don't know?
52 Comments
Sort by:
C
Chukcha Voinstvuyuschiy 18.09.19

Egypt taxis. The simplest strategically faction. All potential opponents in the North.
With the West at first is generally simple: the main thing with the Pope to become paraclinical and then, what's a crusade?! It got to the point that my Sultan with the priest was even warm when he refused to support Rome attacked the Sicilians.
The main advantage of Egypt(in Stainless) - economic development. Egypt does not need to maintain an army, corresponding to its real size. My army was the first on the map only with the news about the Mongols. By the way, the advent of cross-eyed, I managed podgotovitsya notably, engulfing the Templars, Turks and the Romans, taking Constantinople. Almost all cities - recruitment of turbodrives, castles - Royal Mamelukes, and budgeter and did over two hundred pieces. The Mongols were only anxiously wandering among the troops crowded cities, blocked crossings. And vitalari them one by one the stragglers of the army between Edessa and Mosul. It is worth saying that the Mamelukes and turbidity took only with the arrival of the Mongols. Before that, Egypt was quite enough a few light troops. After the capture of the entire Middle East against Egypt, there is no real power.
Not a game - a pleasure. And, of course, finally, brothers... Allahu Akbar!!! May the force with soldiers of the prophet.

v
vavan74 18.09.19

For Egypt I would like to thank the SA. This nation returns to the game. When the uniformity is already muddying the battle rather annoying than quicken, and the hand of the gamer nation goes through strongly in the menu of the beginning of the campaign, clinging to the last spark of hope of finding something new, she still stumbles on Egypt. And again, as once in the beginning of the lights inside the light commander and drawn to fight there and that one over there, and here would not hurt :)))

c
cataphract_an 18.09.19

the idea is to Egypt and not contain locks, but only one or two for the production of natamitina, Mamelukes and guard and Mamluk archers are not bad enough as arrows and as rukopashnyi, sorry for that ammo they have small, and their armor breaks turboradial Hiking as well as equestrian and, most importantly to use their advantage in the onslaught, and about neamatalla generally silent in the compartment with the Kurds can razognat half of the enemy army.

C
Catafract 18.09.19

Here read Temko, and also decided to play for the Muslims, but rather for Egypt. Playing on high, going through the long campaign. In early decided to set diplomacy in order to develop normally, made an Alliance with Byzantium and Turks, and poshol to capture rebellow. Like it was all under control, when suddenly the Pope declares KP at Jerusalem -_- . Subscribe only by Venetians and Hungarians. Had to beat both, thought whacks with a Bang, but suddenly during the game total thief, I felt the weakness of the infantry, or rather how they barely held the gate ( 4 detachment of the Saracens). I realize that this is only the militia, but they have protection 14, plus the armor.. Well, okay, I'll write about the pros of the game for Egypt )

1. Finance. the money was from the very beginning, trade on land and in the sea, the capture of rebellow - have 3-4 for each, in General now I have 350 000.
2. An udarka. Shock army is composed only of cavalry, and they are: cord. cava, cava small, and easy. cava. Super, easy.
Use the infantry at the storming of\the siege.
3. Geographical location. Yes, the position seems to me never better, Turks are the flak jacket from the Mongols, quietly capture Africa, and Byzantium. Oh yeah, the main thing to monitor) I Have all 23 oblosti only 1 castle.
4. Netmetal. When I saw them in battle actually, they thought the strength of the peasants, the detachment of small, short range, well, I think we have to see what they can do. Turned off sohranenie distance, covered by the infantry, and when the enemy approached (infantry + General) , I was in a small shock.. When the pots flew to the Turks, the General killed, and all his retinue, almost the second volley gave the result not much worse for the infantry, in the defense of the castle - they are simply gods *))

In General, my opinion: Egypt is a very interesting, unusual, but at the same time truna nation :) All advise.
By the way, I forgot to write about Europe )) the Mongols came ( here with me) in Russia, after a couple of moves Nestan Russia, Poland, Plus I finished off the Byzantines. The English broke the Scots, and ... the French. The Danes destroyed the HRE, and (here I whinnying) Sicilians made the *Dad* of course then Rome was declared KP, and the Sicilians there came gaplyk, in General, the Pope revived and carried them. The Portuguese did the Spaniards and Milan. The Mongols declared Jihad on Constantinopol ( bastards, I also wanted him to take (( ) , and schyas of objfile in Cordoba ( Portugal ) . Generally now the Leading faction is: Egypt (tobish I), the Mongols, the Danes and the British . Others not long left to live.

PS America otkrytia, but I have not yet captured her .

Time :2.21 , to make a nave of it :)))

k
krevetkoo 18.09.19

somebody uses hashashinov ?

C
Catafract 18.09.19

Maybe I'm confused, hashashin is the assassins ? If so, I don't even also I don't see the point .

w
wtf_kamikadze 18.09.19

playing for Milan during the Crusades captured Antioch. now the Egyptians I every move of Imam send, kill, again and so the circle until the settlement of the neighboring captured.

t
timur1997 18.09.19

Jihad can additional troops to disrupt-
I Jihad on Jerusalem for Egypt to move 10 announce-
sent 10 troops to besiege the city hunger soon recruited 3A 1400 coins 175 galleys and increased the besieging army to 40 units - took over 5 turns to starve

t
timur1997 18.09.19

move in and immediately build a plan of defense of Mongolia
Egypt's armed forces, my-15,000 men and 500 ships
we cannot allow the Mongols to the ports-I saw-they immediately fleet build-Oh how I Mongols in Hungary stoked-I lost 100 ships and the Mongols up to 2,000 Dhow

B
Berserk bez shtanov 18.09.19

Persons 500 ships? all countries combined no and hundreds of ships.. the Mongols 2000 Dhow? .. Get a medic here..

c
cataphract_an 18.09.19

he takes command of the ships for the ships themselves.

V
Vseh ubil 18.09.19

Timur,you're some kind of stupid writing in my opinion

t
timur1997 18.09.19

not-
first they took the coast and built a lot of ships
here of Scipio in Rome has supplied the largest number of unit - they have 1 fleet of 10,000 ships to accommodate
secondly, they have so many ships was when the Timurids came
thirdly, I had just pumped Admiral
fourth I during the Jihad hired 175 galleys for 1400 coins, and then before the crisis, has hired 325 Dhow

c
cataphract_an 18.09.19

Timur, you're confusing command ships with a number of the courts themselves, it's not Civilization, then the number of troops is not much different.

m
maksimus1984 18.09.19

I thought for someone to play. now I know. thank you all

M
Mortred 18.09.19

Egypt bomb

D
Di-Ays 18.09.19

For Egypt I and in Kingdome DIN...
Ten bloodiest battles I drove the Mongols of Baghdad...
And formed the Egyptian Empire to the Emperor, and regenerators of which I was one:)...

M
Mortred 18.09.19

Also right now I play for Egypt. the course has 58. all my Asia minor and the Islands too. the entire far East. the Turks destroyed. money shaft. 270 thousand of the army on the borders, not a lot. right now, waiting for the Mongols. I think if Egypt behind the walls of bad defending will have on the field to fight. a pull my Mamelukes against their heavy cavalry with experiments on 6? what tactics I use against them? ATO if you take my castle will be to fuck the army new. then fuck Athabasca from them

S
St-Teodor 18.09.19

Mortred

The Mongols did not assimilate of the city... It is similar to the nomadic RTV - BI... They are captured, stabbed, robbed, and, whistling, go on)

B
Bianor 18.09.19

St-Teodor
The Mongols did not assimilate of the city... It is similar to the nomadic RTV - BI... They are captured, stabbed, robbed, and, whistling, go on)
And the Mongols and temerity, right, like the Barbarian nomads in Infusion, unable to find a new home - to settle in any city and from there start to spread out.