3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Shkipper 21.01.20 08:17 pm

How to edit the characteristics of the armor/weapons? (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Actually, this is the whole question. How many did not hit the network - and not found at least a rough answer, for example what folder games are the file to edit, or what program this thing is.
46 Comments
Sort by:
M
Mercurionio 21.01.20

With these questions forum project go. There is a topic where the developers spell out all the chips editor. However, there is in English.
Oh yeah, I just I do not remember, but on the Nexus's someone posted a mod to edit the characteristics. And described in detail where to change that. There in the folder itself banal fashion Notepad editable.

I
Igor_Kholupko 21.01.20

First, you have to unpack game archives. This requires Witcher 3 Mod Tool. Unpack, find the gameplay in this folder there are two folders you need (sorry for tautology) items (for standard games) and items_plus (for New game+). Here are the file statistics of all game objects in a format .xml using Notepad, open them and edit. Then the changed files need to pack back, this is done using the same program (IMPORTANT!!! The folder structure should remain the same, ie: you changed the file def_items_weapons_relic.xml he was in gameplay/items/def_items_weapons_relic.xml when you archive files, def_items_weapons_relic.xml will have to be at the same address: gameplay/items/def_items_weapons_relic.xml.
Accordingly, the hitch in all of this is just the unboxing the Boxing game files, because everything is given to do through the command line (however, for partial automation exists .bat or .cmd files). If you want, you can throw Mod Tool and explain everything in detail, write to me in PM. Or can read the forum CDPR

K
Kipyn 21.01.20

Explain here I also wonder)!

T
TheKep 21.01.20

Skipper
there is excellent software called Mod Kitchen for unpacking and packing the game files, the program is not complicated, requires basic knowledge of English

I
Igor_Kholupko 21.01.20

Kipyn Explain here:
To get started, download Witcher 3 Mod Tool download here:
Spoilers Playground:
http://www.playground.ru/files/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_modkit_update-107323/
From my Google drive:
PS On disk to the latest version, works for 1.31 and GOTY. Access re-opened!
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B2W0ZufOnfU9cGNBT3IyRlJ0VE0&usp=sharing
Download installed Mod Tool anywhere. Then go to the folder ...\Witcher 3 Mod Tools\bin\x64 So create a text document and write a command:
Спойлерwcc_lite uncook -indir=...\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\content -outdir=...\Mods_Making\Uncooked_Files
Now about the settings:
In the parameter-indir= specify the path to the content folder in the root of the game (preferably specify path in quotes, and elsewhere).
In the parameter-outdir= specify the path to where the unzipped files are playing. For this we recommend to create a special folder where you will create a fashion (In the above line is Mods_Making)
Save this file as Uncooking(name you can choose any, but it is better to write something, to avoid confusion) format .bat or .cmd (and this is important). Then after a long unzipping open the folder Uncooked_Files, files, statistics, items such as weapons and armor are stored in the folder ...\Uncooked_Files\gameplay\items ...\Uncooked_Files\gameplay\items_plus immediately suggest directly to these folders, the files do not change, and copy the desired files into the staging folder, so that you maintain just in case the original game files. Example: we want to edit the file def_item_boots.xml (you can edit through an ordinary Notepad, but I suggest using Notepad++), but first copy it to a folder Mods_Making/modBoots/gameplay/ items/def_item_boots.xml (don't forget to save the folder structure, in this example, it is underlined and in italics). Then change in this file the parameters you want. By changing them, we need to pack the file. To do this, create next file Uncooking.bat another text document and write two commands:
Спойлерwcc_lite pack -dir=...\Mods_Making\modBoots -outdir=...\Mods_Making\ Packed_Mods\modBoots\content - packing files in the games archives format .bundle
wcc_lite metadatastore -path=...\Mods_Making\ Packed_Mods\modBoots\content is the creation of metadata.store the file (without it the mod will not work)
Now about the settings:
In the parameter-dir= to specify the path to the folder with the finished mod, but not to the file .xml and the folder where the folder gameplay
In the parameter-outdir= specify the path to the folder where you will create an archive of your mod, in our example, this modBoots\content. modBoots is the folder of the mod, which we then copy to root game folder content is required: it must contain the files/
In-path= specify the same way as in the parameter-outdir= since the file metadata.store needs to be next to the archive file
After that the folder is already Packed with the mod being moved (or copied) to the folder ...\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\mods if the mods folder is not present, then create.
All, in order to test the mod, I suggest you install Debug Console Enabler. Here is the link:
Спойлерhttp://www.playground.ru/files/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_debug_console_enabler_dlya_patcha_1_12-114872/
Good luck to all in creating mods

I
Igor_Kholupko 21.01.20

There are a couple of instructional videos. Here is the link:
Спойлерhttp://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/60656-Witcher-3-Modding-video-tutorial-seriesТам the guy uses the Mod Kitchen, but it is in English
And here is another video where I learned how to make mods:
Spoileron, however, also in English.
But the best thing is to read the Manual to the Mod Tool - everything is written. Only again in broken English

K
Kipyn 21.01.20

Thank you

S
Shkipper 21.01.20

Igor_Kholupko
ATP much Yegor, now at least the price of crafting things become balanced)
PS I can alter the clothes to dress her in Geralt before? For example, in relation to the master of the armor school the cat in ng+ in file def_item_crafting_recipes, which contains information about it, the lines level in his unit is not like any other armor.

I
Igor_Kholupko 21.01.20

Yes, it is possible to change, but it is done in the scripts

I
Igor_Kholupko 21.01.20

And if it does, then the level in the standard game and in NG+ will be the same

I
Igor_Kholupko 21.01.20

Here's an example, but if the script specifies the 32 level, the game is going to be 29. That is, in the script level we need to specify 3 more. The path to the script:
Spoiler alert...\content\scripts\game\gameParams.ws
A content folder is a folder in your mod (as in my examples above ...mods\modBoots\content\)
The original file stored in the folder:
...\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\content\content0\scripts\game\gameParams.ws
PS the Screenshot is better to open in a new window, otherwise nifiga not visible

S
Shkipper 21.01.20

Sorry to intrude of course, BUT:
The strange thing is in the gameParams file.ws and then at the very end I found the level of belonging only to crossbows and bolts, and armor, booth, pants, gloves, silversword and steelsword written in the form:
} else
if ( itemCategory == 'pants' )
{
stat_min = 5;
stat_add = 2;
stat = itemAttributes[0];
level = FloorF( 1 + ( stat.valueBase - stat_min ) / stat_add );
} else
or:
if ( itemCategory == 'silversword' )
{
stat_min = 90;
stat_add = 10;
stat1 = itemAttributes[0];
stat2 = itemAttributes[1];
stat3 = itemAttributes[2];
stat4 = itemAttributes[3];
stat5 = itemAttributes[4];
stat6 = itemAttributes[5];
stat_f = (stat1.valueBase - 1) + (stat2.valueBase - 1) + (stat3.valueBase - 1) + (stat4.valueBase - 1) + (stat5.valueBase - 1) + (stat6.valueBase - 1);
level = CeilF( 1 + ( 1 + stat_f - stat_min ) / stat_add );
} else.
Where objects and their possible levels, or I'm just not there looking for?

I
Igor_Kholupko 21.01.20

Skipper
The fact that all the weapons in the game is tied to the level of characteristic (i.e., the greater the damage, defense, chance to crit etc....., that the greater the level of the sword or something there still) is the so - called Autogen. Level generated by the scripts of the game depending on stats and character level in the game. The proof is that in the game the same sword can be found at different levels
The only thing that is tied to the level is the bolts. They

O
Old_Nick 21.01.20

Igor_Kholupko..the Only thing that is tied to the level is the bolts. They...
Not quite. Ready loot - Yes, there is autoleveling. But the whole crafty (sets including) - has a fixed level, And the same in any profile

x
xxREMAGxxIxxGAMERxx 21.01.20

Igor_Kholupko
Was obtained only when egged the Packed files in the folder ...\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\content\content0\bundles, and in the folder ...\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\mods as not working. So maybe You should rewrite the manual?

I
Igor_Kholupko 21.01.20

Old_Nick
The fact that crafting items have fixed features (damage, crits, etc. - for weapons, armor and modifiers of resistance to damage for armor), and the level is generated on the basis of these characteristics. In proof of this: try to change the characteristics of any craft subject .XML file, and you will see that the level of the subject to change

I
Igor_Kholupko 21.01.20

xxREMAGxxIxxGAMERxx
First check the folder structure it should look like this:
...\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\mods\mod000\content here needs to be Packed files. Special attention apptite the folder mod000 - must be a console mod, and instead 000 can write any name.
If done correctly, then check the folder C:/Users/[username]/Documents/The Witcher 3 - if this folder has file mods.settings, remove it
If still not working, well never know....

x
xxREMAGxxIxxGAMERxx 21.01.20

Igor_Kholupko
now I understand,thank you

S
Shkipper 21.01.20

Something does not work to edit sets of DLC. For example, nilfgaardskogo the set of the 5th DLC. More precisely extracting files of the game files is proceeding normally, and edit them too, but after packing the finished mod something doesn't work, although everything is done according to the instructions. The way of packing as you write:
Спойлерwcc_lite pack -dir=D:\Mods_Making\modNilfgaardian Armor\dlc\dlc5\data -outdir=D:\Mods_Making\ Packed_Mods\modNilfgaardian Armor\dlc\dlc5\content
wcc_lite metadatastore -path=D:\Mods_Making\ Packed_Mods\modNilfgaardian Armor\dlc\dlc5\content
It must be a mistake, right?

C
CemKey 21.01.20

Yes.
wcc_lite pack -dir=D:\Mods_Making\modNilfgaardian Armor\ -outdir=D:\Mods_Making\ Packed_Mods\modNilfgaardian Armor\content
wcc_lite metadatastore -path=D:\Mods_Making\ Packed_Mods\modNilfgaardian Armor\content
In General, there is ModKitchen on neguse. With a normal graphical interface.

Now the attention of experts for my question. Is it possible and if Yes, how armor and clothing to cut or to fasten parts with physics? For example some Bron'ka to attach the skirt from the bear armor.