3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Disappointed Man 24.01.20 02:50 pm

Temperature a new laptop

Just yesterday bought a new laptop Acer Aspire 5 A515-51G
Intel Core-i5 7200U (2.5 - 3.1 GHz)
GeForce 940MX
8GB RAM and 1TB disk
Today decided to test it in Team Fortress 2, the CPU temperature was 87 degrees, graphics card about as well. Is this normal or should I raise the alarm?
Idle temperature is 40-45 degrees, when watching a video about 50-60.
7 Comments
Sort by:
K
KIBERMAX 24.01.20

Disappointed Man
Well, maybe the factory thermal paste has dried up already, or defective.

UPD. well, there renew the wood on vidyuhi, or the factory Windows just updated and not any extra garbage in the process hanging.

A
ALCAB 24.01.20

Disappointed Man
KIBERMAX
He did not climb the main thing to change it, nefig to tearing if the problem is not thermopaste :)

D
Dako7 24.01.20

Disappointed Man
87 this is not normal, on my old laptop 2012 which was cleaned a year and a half ago in DotA 2 about 90, for a new sure it's not normal despite the fact that on the laptop to the default temperature is higher than in desktops. If the new bring it to the centre, let them look, MB cooler not plow with thermal paste or something.

M
MagicHero 24.01.20

Laptops for gaming are dumb, for work Yes, but not for games. The exception is if you are constantly moving and if you play only at home then buy a new laptop is meaningless:
- more
- more heated
- weaker performance
- lack of comfort (to play when the screen is at Desk level and right next to the keyboard is not the same as when the monitor is at arm's length, for ~15 cm away from the table and Claudia is not in the butt for him )
So if you have the opportunity take it and take a normal sistemnik

O
OkGo 24.01.20

KIBERMAX
KIBERMAX wrote:
Well, maybe the factory thermal paste has dried up already, or defective.
Yes, when everyone will remember that the majority of species thermopaste does not lose its properties when dried.
In most cases, only mechanical damage to the dried layer of thermal paste can seriously affect the temperature.

Disappointed Man
On topic: for the graphics in the laptop this temperature is close to normal, considering the thickness of the body.
The CPU temperature - it is a little weird. There's nominal TDP is very low. Bring to the store and hand over on a guarantee, let them look, where the jamb.

t
temabel 24.01.20

the temperature is high,especially for the 7th generation of Intel ! 75 degrees is about normal under load!the reasons can be many:from wrong of cooling system,thermal grease and before marriage

D
DirtyLol 24.01.20

Crete. temperature for your CPU - 100C. you have a pretty high - carry back, and better than me, 2ухядерный i5 - you certainly fucked it, just have a reason.