3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
StoynJames 26.01.20 04:31 pm

Question to the modders of Half-life: Source (Half-Life)

Hi all. Decided to put a .357 Magnum from Half-life 2 Half-life: Source. Did everything right, travelled all models w_357 and v_357 from the folder models in half-life 2 as well as two folders of the categories hl2/materials/models/weapons. When I went to the game can only see your HUD and weapons are not visible, an empty space. Tell me what you want the weapons from Half-life 2 ,it is seen in Half-life: Source
12 Comments
Sort by:
E
Elsperanto 26.01.20

The theme of course would be worth to create a forum of the second part.
And the model is not visible most likely for one of two reasons:
1) Different versions and types compile models
2) the Model is just not designed for hl:source and it just offset from the angle (easy to check when using the third person)

S
StoynJames 26.01.20

So that's what it is, I think that after all if the model is not designed for HL:source that in fact it is possible to be ported to HL:source Might have some kind of prog for this.

C
Cvoxalury 26.01.20

In CRS work fine model of the old HL2, at least, that is the 44 model. You prescribed model in scripts\вепон_357?

Offset it very likely, most likely the bones in the hands in HL1\HL2 called differently.

Better to look for already some ready fashion such weapons from HL2 in CRS, there are probably already converted as needed.

E
Elsperanto 26.01.20

most likely the bones in the hands in HL1\HL2 called differently
If CRS bones were the old names, Yes

C
Cvoxalury 26.01.20

Most likely. They had just precompiling in their version, most of 44, and bone and would not budge.

Moreover, it seems that HL1\CRS no attachments models, and point everyone there just sehardcore via 3ds, for example, comments regarding bullsquid in the code it saw it necessary in the code hornet Ghana to see attachments there, but the point of departure we have to pay.

S
StoynJames 26.01.20

it is clear, then you will have to work with scripts

T
Turbitt 26.01.20

Hello,don't know whether it is necessary to ask this question,but found the Source and can not see the weapons how to solve this problem??Half a year ago put with the same installer could see everything,and now so....

x
xDDGx 26.01.20

Try r_drawviewmodel 1 and fov 90. Commands entered in the console, called ~, is activated in settings-->advanced-->enable console development.
At the same time check whether the console swears on missing or curve models, and copy its contents here.

T
Turbitt 26.01.20

Thank you,but nothing happened don't know what is a glitch,but it was:Set the version that played for a long time,was popoholic it came to a scrap,can't see him,well he decided to run,but was paradelo,preserved and removed the game then downloaded the Repack 2011 threw back the save game,the same crap,and again blew,and again installed it and decided to try your advice,but save decided not to throw,started with that moment where he takes the crowbar,you can see everything)))))) The poltergeist what that))))

R
Russian Nabigatel 26.01.20

Ha,I have that when I'm in the CL SORS put the sleeve of caunter strike source console and wrote that the type of wheelchair model

B
Black_Stalker502 26.01.20

Obvious not matching names,bones and so on. In this case, you need to understand the models,to have the necessary program - if you just have to do the port,but since both games are made on one engine,then everything is even easier!
But the need of the program:
Crowbar - the program for decompilare(skryte) models and compilations(compression)!
GCFSacpe - you need to open .vpk files(in games on source models,textures are usually stored in such files)
MilkShape 3D or Blender is required to view the model!
VTFEdit - mainly for dissection .the vtf file in .png .jpg , .bmp etc.
hlmv or Half-Life Model Viewer(1 for source,2 for GLDSource) - mainly used for viewing animations!

A
Adfardo 26.01.20

Can help to start a new game after the first Chapter (the first is still kind of Intro). That's what happens when you put a new model on the source version. Shells fly, the weapon is invisible...