3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Artem gavrikov 01.02.20 03:24 pm

Will there be no vr? (Half-Life: Alyx)

What do you think will the game without viara? for example, as the same fnfe 8?
20 Comments
Sort by:
M
Mr. Alien 01.02.20

Artem Gavrikov
No, only in vr

D
Dogmit 01.02.20

Artem Gavrikov
Maybe if modders will join in with time and will make the mod no vr.

O
OakSorcerer 17.07.20

There is not, there is the whole gameplay sharpened by BP. You have to buy a private house and a helmet.

D
DEAD S.n.A.k.e. 17.07.20

Valve has invested a lot of money (and hopes) as to the development of the Index Valve and Half Life: Alyx. So I would not expect non-VR version at least in the next couple of years so precisely. Ironically, more likely - and faster - will be continued in the form of Episode 3 or a full third part (ahahaha, yeah, of course) without/with the optional VR support.
And Yes, as a counterargument to one of the speakers above - first, yet the official instruments under Source 2. Second, even when it will be released (if released in principle of course), Valve in a recent interview said that while not sure about support for mods in Alyx. And, finally, third, just look ago released a couple of gameplay videos. 90% of the gameplay is the interaction with the environment hands the most natural way. Modders will have a hard time doing animation/reprogram the whole thing under each player's actions in the game (remember even the puzzle to open the door with a holographic ball and the moment had only one finger to press the button inside the device). All this was created by developers with a maximum of VR.
And Yes, do not forget that nobody is forcing you to buy any VR of headset. It is possible to rent for a couple of days to get through the game (because the duration there is clearly not hundreds of hours), or, in principle, to go to the nearest VR club, which in recent years had multiplied like mushrooms after the rain. Believe me, it will be an unforgettable experience, especially if you have not played in VR and/or if you are an ardent fan of HL.

D
DEAD S.n.A.k.e. 17.07.20

Fildon
Fildon wrote:
And Valve knows that very few people will buy this vr index, full of poor people around the world.
Well, Yes, Yes, few people will buy Index... but here they are again on sale there yesterday or the day before - and for a moment they were snapped up. Of course, not exactly known recent edition devices, but it is unlikely that he was absolutely miserable. Yes and navigate to the poor is an occupation. I'm sorry, but if the world worked according to this principle, we would still be in the stone age lived.
Fildon wrote:
Why not for PC?
Um, but for the PC just yet and goes... and just for him.
Fildon wrote:
The gaming device shall at a reasonable price to sell
First, as always in human history, something technologically new will always be expensive, while producers do not improve production process/develop all the standards (or rather, they will develop the market themselves over time), and in the end while all do not realize that people do really need and they will buy it. For example, just recently, 10 years ago, the same SSD cost so much that Mama do not cry. And now smartphones with curved screen also are exorbitant money. And the only time either the price drops or the item will leave the market unnecessary.
Secondly, there are already a number of VR devices, which can afford the average gamer (the same line of WMR if that), especially if you know where and when you can grab them at a discount. Much more expensive to build a computer under the whole thing... but not really more (or rather do not more expensive) than simply to collect relevant at 2020ый year system for medium-high graphics settings in games. And Index is a high-end device for enthusiasts, for those who knows exactly what he needs.
Fildon wrote:
and to make the company and do everything through the monetization of additional content, dlc are there any.
Although you are certainly right that at this point in time in the world, most game companies (although more likely their publishers) to earn that way, but personally, I'm so sad to realize that this is so. Oh, where are those times when the proceeds from the sale of games directly depended on the number of copies sold, and not for subsequent donation/selling DLC, etc...

R
RavenW89 17.07.20

Dataminer and founder of the channel Valve News Network Tyler Macvicar held a stream on Twitch where the analyzed code Half-Life: Alyx.

During the broadcast he was able to run the game without virtual reality glasses, and the office moved to the keyboard and mouse. Later Tyler entered the console command "vr_enable_fake_vr_test", which enables the display of the hands of Alix, but without tracking.

This may mean that the necessary tools to run without glasses is already in the game, however Valve said that Alyx was developed specifically for VR — and when you switch to normal mode it will lose many of the key mechanics and features.

Tyler also said that some puzzles cannot be solved without tracking where you want full control over the objects. In addition, this mode is not yet available jump not working teleportation, which means overcoming some high ledges is impossible.

Among other things, the blogger was able to include in the interface Alyx from Half-Life 2 and used firearms like rifle and pistol, but no working models.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/575237966

R
RavenW89 17.07.20

so if you really want to. can. just not possible places to skip noclip. but the main scenes but will be able to see live

c
canteexnik 17.07.20

https://www.playground.ru/half_life_alyx/vyshel_pervyj_mod_dlya_half_life_alyx_pozvolyayuschij_igrat_s_pomoschyu_myshi_i_klaviatury-715458

-
-E L A N U- 17.07.20

Even if I have a full traversable clammily mod, then it will be quite different. The whole concept is lost. All relish in the immersion and interaction with the game world.

b
bloomm 17.07.20

There will not be need originally version 2 vr and traditional to do 2 versions doesn't mean guns as in BP number of enemies as VR, so the full version for traditional gaming, more enemies, more interaction, etc. But just the inclusion instead of hand weapons will do nothing ! The gameplay will be invalid which is tied to the crutches, BP, dick I know that you are there from what the modders are waiting for, they need to remake the weapons, enemies, etc !

R
RavenW89 17.07.20

bloomm
as it turned out the weapons and enemies do not change. but the basic movements of the hand can be bandit on the keys

b
bloomm 17.07.20

RavenW89
And what's interesting is addictive ?

R
RavenW89 17.07.20

bloomm
if you like the universe itself - Yes. If you just came to shoot - no

k
klipntoola 17.07.20

Our dude made a sensible mod, with which you can complete the game without VR, without resorting to console commands. Unfortunately, the installation process of this mod, kind of makes strain gyrus(=_)

m
m.a.r.r.a.d.e.r. 17.07.20

Half-Life: Aly x
download file in the description and enjoy
https://github.com/KonqiTheKonqueror/Source2-PFSK

r
reddi700 17.07.20

m.a.r.r.a.d.e.r.
And all this is to insert into the game? Writes that we need VR. I was the second day I suffer

m
maksus 17.07.20

The Repack works hatab

r
redragor 17.07.20

Source2-PFSK launched, and here's how to push my buttons I do not understand... Stupid can't start a video call with Eli in the beginning :(
You do the same?

C
Cechov 04.09.22

2 years later, no vr mod hasn't been released yet(((Wait for more....

t
torn22 20.01.23

looking forward to more 😀😀😀