3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Anatoliy Schukin 21.09.19 06:16 pm

Impressions of the game (Age of Wonders: Planetfall)

Your impressions and thoughts about the game?
17 Comments
Sort by:
A
Andrei Sapego 21.09.19

Anatoly Shchukin
As for me, even very good,I recommend to take)

i
igrivii8 21.09.19

Well, I will say as a fan of the series and parallel fan of the man. I liked it, but it just did,thanks to the old Kraft. In fact, if you remove the rose-colored glasses, all the same 3rd part that was only action space moved) Really nothing new and no)) Who are interested in turn-based strategy game!! And the rest, see for yourself)

S
SS44 21.09.19

People , all computer units just ignore units\human settlements of the player? Okay neutrals , even those of the faction against whom in the story are fighting , do not attack me. Only slowly neutrals around their properties cleaned and all((( Level of play veteran if that...
P. S. 2 igrivii8 I'm not a fan of the entire series , I'm a fan only of the third part. Now , as for me the game is worse than the third part , and that made me very upset(((

A
A117 21.09.19

SS44
Try not in the plot, and the script. There AI behaves quite differently.

A
Andrei Sapego 21.09.19

SS44
When I tried on easy difficulty 1 mission,the AI agrisa as the veteran

c
costia.stepanow2014 21.09.19

Technology tree is confusing. Figured out only a day later. The concept of fanatical worship of the virus does not suit me, so: Constructs+Wagtech = Suprema Ultima. Boring.

s
sez767 21.09.19

Love Civilization, Totalvar, Ixcom, Heroes and so on. But for some reason IT does not go....

W
Werewolf1986 21.09.19

sez767

Why?

a
a_s_d 21.09.19

cool so nice to connect many games in one cool
who to play and Yes advise the leader and Russ

S
SS44 21.09.19

2 a_s_d
At the forefront of the campaign mode is played only because of the training with the Vanguard...
In fact, probably all a little bit better feel and to choose. But can be briefly described as:
- The vanguard is a mostly infantry units with automatic weapons , tanks , infantry, etc. in Short , the people of the future who are weak in melee((( I now play for a sort of diplomat. Are fighting mostly monsters\bandits , and the rest is not difficult to be in the world.
- Dary - gnomes-business executives in the armor , well, as a hot from ME , just fine))). In battle they rely heavily on defense , and among their machines are any earth-moving equipment. Well, like dwarves with magic))) For this race it seems easier to develop the economy...
- Collectors - cyborgs. Collect your units from every different that comes into their hands))) Reminded me of the Necron mind. For them it is just better to fight. Since there are power-UPS in the study for the battle well and parts of the enemies mostly Attack with electricity... With the characters here too have fun)))
- Syndicate - slave-psionics. Genuine mafia which is strong in all sorts of espionage operations. Psionik and helps them to control their squads on the battlefield and to subdue some enemy units. Army of slaves mostly like. The economy fool their people all the insignificant garbage reducing the likelihood of rebellion. Well as our present TV)))
- Kir'ko - insect aliens. Why the only aliens in AoWP. Their previously enslaved people , and now they are free))) is Their strength in numbers and collective skills. They are basically milesnick blazing all poisonous crap. For the magic they also rap Psionik)))
- Amazon is a strong and independent woman astride fluege...... (no) mounts))) Units is their genetically modified animals and insects (well the bulk). In General , it is the biological race. And they go to the engineering and ... laser guns?!

S
SS44 21.09.19

About the heroes a little Difficult... of course after playing three evenings to draw conclusions for the heroes. But still to write it , IMHO, from the heroes to sense considerably less than in AOW 3. There to get them was significantly more than those 3-4 upgrade in Planetfall. And a bunch of skills was much more effective. I especially liked the ones that the entire slave unit was given 40% protection against the elements. Here passively or much worse or I do not understand(((
PS now the mission is coming to an end and I give the hero of the first level! And all around the greatest Bank current steep remnants of the enemy units on the map... Well, all in АОВ3(((

a
a_s_d 21.09.19

SS44
thank you beautifully described and so well thought of and I all a little bit feel)))

l
lisk_ 21.09.19

Although dolls of the characters not, but the fact that there is too much. 4 mods, some of which are very powerful. The main slot, you can put on (in) a unit of level 3 and to this unit with the abilities of the hero. And the extra slot, so he is not critical, although there are also iMovie things (e.g. damage to all enemies).
Generally embowel thing in AoW3 campaign I think regrowth (recovery % HP at the end of each turn in combat). Character-a druid with this skill alone cope with large armies. And the units with this skill (warbreed), as well pumped up to 200+ HP was just unkillable.
So in AoW: Planetfall this stuff is available to almost everyone, there are the skills of your character (secret technology Xenoplague), there is a racial fashion (in 3 fractions of 6) and the MOU with the NPC faction. Most of them are not drained, but there are exceptions.
Spielername, in the campaign for the Amazons on the planet are NPC faction The Growth, they have a mod that gives regen unit and okruschayuschih it. It really is possible to fasten only on bees and plants, but most importantly, he receives a normal. But this is not enough, on the second planet, you can join the colony Syndicate (or just to conquer a colony of the enemy), and it gives access to absolutely imbovane racial fashion, which gives immunity to stagger and replenishes 10 HP when attacking. In other words, the regen gives a 35% recovery vampiric 30 HP, for a total of 60+ HP is restored every turn. This can still add tactical operation Celestial technology and get another 10%. True then base regen will have to do with fashion and not the skill of the hero.
More impressions (from another forum, a lot of beech):
Spoilers fans to pausity - if the tutorial is not perform the last task, then you can play (theoretically) infinitely. You can explore the development of colonies and studies. You can also pump your heroes (up to level 7) and equip them. Of the minuses, customization leader at the beginning of the first half of the mission does not work if the characters are drawn out of the tutorial.

In General, the campaign is similar to AoW2 periodically and starting from scratch, nurture and dress up characters, who in the next mission, take out all living things (and inanimate). Although dolls of the hero (for dressing) no, but it in General makes the task easier - just study and equipping affordable fashion.
But sometimes it is simply inadequate IMBA. In the second mission for the vanguard was given an extra weapon that strikes all enemies psi 20 damage once per battle. This in itself is very good. But the mod Bastida damage to 40+. And, there is a quest unit that can do recharge ability. Total twice per battle. But that's not all. This unit can make a copy of itself, which can make recharge. 3 times. But that's not all ) were in stock mod for the hero, who was also rechargin abilities. 4 times for 40+ psi damage (ignoring armor). And as icing on the cake - the restore points of progress when killing units, so that periodically you can use this Armageddon 2 times per turn.
In General insane dps, he didn't even want, my main character went with this unit and separately two characters. Arsenal really handy thing, so how can such IMBA thing constantly flip between the armies.
I want to commend NPC faction Autonom. In the presence of all the same mod for regen, only very good mechanics and units level 3 (mechanical, explosive damage and a mobile - floating and 32 MP (4 MP on hex)).
Someone above wrote with an Imperial APC - another"candidate for rebalance. Ammonit drones in combat, which are ignored by AI and no treated with any units.

>>>Absolutely normal cord, nothing embogo, flying any better, especially heavy. Drones are not ignored, due to the low HP the AI knocks some of the first.

Inboost that you can get it from the start. And bonus for this skill to 11 points (against 4 other options).
To move of course flying unit better. Ideal - Imperial dragonfly, she has 40 points of speed. For war a lot of options units 3 levels, the bad thing is that to use them you need 8 levels of the hero, and the first campaign mission 6 maximum. So cool mount will not take...
Generally moving strong imbalance in the direction of flying/floating units. They spend on any hex with 4 points, and the land 6 or more. While the majority of units 3-4 levels even and low-scoring all 24. Ie land heavy it will take 4 hex, and the flying 8, twice.
Held many battles with APC, normally the drones live. At the forefront of the car itself, behind them the infantry hiding behind them drones. Losing unit is possible only if it will focus fire (which makes AI not always) and 2-3 drone otlicials to cheer. But again, it's all for the initial moves of the first missions in campaigns, perhaps in other scenarios, AI (in the campaign, 3 levels of difficulty, and in a normal game 5).

>>>Terrible dizbalans in almost all aspects of the game, from random maps and starting locations, to perekidyvaem TOP gear on missions.

The transfer gear was in AoW2 and AoW3 (and, if desired, and in AoW1). I don't know how to balance except their own. I.e. not to wait for the research all the right mods (cleaned the whole map in AoW3/farm quests in AoW2), but just to pass the game, what happened at the end of the mission, it happened )
I did not like the inadequacy of the starting bonuses for the campaign. As I said, the option of gear with APC is much easier life and gives the necessary skills for significantly more skill points than other options.
Background - option to fill the points of the stroke looks much more attractive than others, given iboost heroes. Another option is that Cyrus'Ko, as they have the mod that gives the same. If diplomacy was given a bonus to all races (including their own), it would be a good option, the morality of critical hits too.
Economic bonus - this is more for multiplayer on small maps where 3-4 speed solve many things.
The drawback here all interesting options, but the ones for the 2 points, too cut the parish resources. Kleptomaniac is unclear, the fact that it takes a fixed 10, it is intended, or need to subtract 10% as other.
In the end, on the one hand, there is replayability due to the random maps, with customization of the leader is reduced to nearly one variant for all factions. With the gear too, not everything is rosy, racial mods for the weapons narrow the options of the guns. In most cases, the mount of level 3 are generally better than a gun (except, again, Kirko). The second weapon is the weather usually doesn't.
Although the first planet in the Syndicate was curious. On the one hand, for embogo vampiric fashion (Psi-Tech Modulator) need a heavy unit and all the mounts easy. On the other hand is another mega-mod (Aether Storm) requires the presence of psi-abilities. The situation was saved by the combination of the flying mount of the Avant-garde (as it was their colony) and psi grenades from the standard gear of the Syndicate.
Overall I like the company, I think in some time to go through it again (currently, I am most peaceful way, lawful good, and then try chaotic evil respectively )).

M
MasterTitan 25.01.22

Is deluxe or premium worth it? What's in the subscription?

S
Soul Reaper 25.01.22

It would be great to activate mods in offline mode.
As in Age Of Wonders 3. Downloaded, installed and no problems.
And Planetfall is a great strategy! The developers have done a great job.

m
mefiro 25.01.22

SS44
And the Dvars are obvious communists and followers of Lenin

u
uncrilion11 21.10.22

I've been waiting for Overlord 2 since 2011 and they release some kind of shit