3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
v
vftor 13.02.20 03:14 pm

How to speed up download locations (Fallout 4)

For rapid movement to another location can take up to 30 seconds. Through the door (to enter building) - up to 15 sec.
Powerful PC, the game loaded not strongly. Anyone have any ideas on this issue ?
219 Comments
Sort by:
c
coolracer 13.02.20

The Incredible Kleinman
Defragmenter cash games, if litsuha
Magical nonsense))) is not connected so Much drivel in one short sentence) In the course was covered by grass)

vftor
One of the sites was to compare the loading time on the same config and different nastrojkah games. So at max speed the time it was much more than the high, medium and low. This usually happens when loaded uncompressed textures large size. Try an experiment to lower the settings. Perhaps the problem is the game engine, instead of locally, you have with iron.

I
I4igoK 13.02.20

Western Digital Blue mb?

v
vftor 13.02.20

I4igoK
Western Digital Blue mb game that-whether such ? Don't know this game.

v
vftor 13.02.20

coolracer
In the launcher I put Detail textures - ultra, and the Range of drawing objects, characters and items - max. So maybe this ? What would you recommend ?

N
Neveroyatnyy Kleynman 13.02.20

coolracer
maybe I was wrong about Defrag game cache, but to check its worth. And about the weed don't know, you know better times potreblyash

c
coolracer 13.02.20

vftor
As an option for texture detail on Ultra, they are loaded in memory without compression. Again, you need to check at random. Note the time with stopwatch, change the settings with only one option (for example same texture) and check again. Gemorno and tedious, but brute force, we can understand what exactly is happening for a long download. But, before that, put everything on low and I generally do the settings on boot time. If the time is dramatically reduced, so it is in the settings, if not, then it is necessary to dig towards OS, iron, soft, etc.

c
coolracer 13.02.20

The Incredible Kleinman
What though defragging the cache??? You yourself even understand what you write? Do you even know what SSD, RAM, swap file and how it works?

N
Neveroyatnyy Kleynman 13.02.20

I did not write about a defragmentation of the cache drive itself, rather about defragmentation of the game to the incentive.

C
CRASHBULLET 13.02.20

vftor
HDD Western Digital the most simple model, actually running faster than what you wrote, it probably is not in the SSD look that it drives the load.

v
vftor 13.02.20

CRASBULLET
Understand what is the. So he has the same writing speed and play. less than the SSD.
And in task Manager there are no unnecessary processes.

J
Jeff-xxx 13.02.20

vftor
What for you swap file ? Opera 16 GB !

v
vftor 13.02.20

Jeff-xxx
Yes, put just in case. What advise to take ? It actually should not affect the download locations.

C
CRASHBULLET 13.02.20

vftor
put 2GB maxima

v
vftor 13.02.20

I've been reading about the long loading on the consoles. They suggest to put the SSD. Others write that the game engine is not optimized.

v
vftor 13.02.20

CRASBULLET
And what does it mean ?

v
vftor 13.02.20

Now tested the SSD program Crystal Disk (file = 50 MB, 1цикл).
- C (Windows) soon.Zap.= 127 MB/s, play.= 493 MB/s
- on the G (game) - ambulance.Zap.= 235 MB/s, play.= 342 MB/s
In my opinion good results. So it's not in the disk.
Settings in the Launcher too, I tried everything. Almost nothing has changed.
It remains to sin in the game engine. And what can you do !

C
CRASHBULLET 13.02.20

vftor
This will give, in particular, that the files are large quantities to be written on SSD, and will be performed in RAM, it will increase, because the speed of SSD and RAM are not comparable, large the swap file is needed when not enough RAM, and the files from RAM is written to HDD in your case the SSD.

But do not remove it completely, old programs, etc. can fail and swear.

s
solus. 13.02.20

Transfer the folder of Fallout from a HDD to an SSD in the best case, will accelerate the download of no more than 15-20%
Still have to wait 10 to 20 seconds (depending on the size of downloaded location).
This is true for a system with a normal HDD, defragmented, etc.

So don't expect a panacea from these three letters.

PS: tested on Kingston HyperX and Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 64MB SATAIII

v
vftor 13.02.20

CRASBULLET
Good. Could save up to 2 GB.
solus.
In some (heavy) games really helps the SSD. Usually I install on the SSD (Windows)-->HDD (game).
But like Fallout 4, TES 5 Skyrim and other interesting or hard - on SSD (Windows)-->SSD (game).
TES 5 Skyrim at all under the system x32, but with a mod takes more than 25 GB, so it is better on the SSD.

s
solus. 13.02.20

vftor

About the fact that the system must be installed on the SSD, the conversation is not conducted. It goes without saying. This thread discusses the rationality of migration to the SSD specifically Fallout 4. I tested this solution and concluded that the acceleration of the load is negligible. If the speed of the launch of the Windows 7 I have increased several times, the uploading locations toys has accelerated very slightly.