3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
v
vftor 13.02.20 03:14 pm

How to speed up download locations (Fallout 4)

For rapid movement to another location can take up to 30 seconds. Through the door (to enter building) - up to 15 sec.
Powerful PC, the game loaded not strongly. Anyone have any ideas on this issue ?
219 Comments
Sort by:
v
vftor 13.02.20

Zubex_XXX
Damn. and I'm already on the disc took off. And when the game is in programs not listed, it is also convenient. But you can try.

M
MunchkiN 616 13.02.20

SSD and defragmentierung Nada
it is only necessary for pancakes because there voschem requests to one file uvesa and him from this evil
although modern drives have 64MB of cache that should be enough reading fragmented files but the most advanced cases

v
vftor 13.02.20

MunchkiN 616
I agree.

R
Rolento 13.02.20

vftor
I was talking only about the possible cause. And the third time I repeat what they say about records, not about reading.

v
vftor 13.02.20

disaper
About recording, you're right, just because during the game when you download the location there is a reproduction and therefore the entry is not the cause.

v
vftor 13.02.20

Zubex_XXX
Tried 2 Repack. In time, nothing has changed. If it's the engine, why don't we all long download. I think that the developers themselves don't know what they bungled.

i
iFlower 13.02.20

vftor
May notice that the game is not very powerful, and most likely not optimized. The Witcher and Fallout on high play, and Farkray 4 and Wolfenstein, which is the highest that the lowest, all choppy, slow, horror.

v
vftor 13.02.20

iFlower
Yeah right, the most important thing is optimization, which is visible not only in FPS. The game optimization is like life compatibility. So games developers not all considered, not thought through.

R
Rolento 13.02.20

vftor
When unpacking resources may writes some temporary data. In short you need to monitor, during the hang what the system does.

v
vftor 13.02.20

disaper
And I think that during the loading location is the search for the necessary codes in the game files, and when these codes are grouped, start location. To search for codes in the files takes time, which depends on the power of the performance of the processor of the computer. I assume that the configs of the game there is a limit on the maximum use of the processing power of a computer when reading files, so as you can see, the CPU is only 30-40 %. This restriction is imposed by developers to ensure the operability of the game on slower computers. We need to find this restriction in the lines config.
And again. If you read the files written information in temporary memory. Therefore, the developers have provided the system requirements are 8 GB. But I see that you only use 3-4 GB. Here, too, the restriction in the lines config. Need to find all the restrictions in rows config.

v
vftor 13.02.20

Seems to have solved the problem: removed the FPS limit=60 and turn off Vsync (vertical synchronization).
1. In the root folder of Fallout 4\Fallout4\ in the file Fallout4Prefs.ini change the line iPresentInterval=1 to iPresentInterval=0 - vsync off
- set the file to read only
2. In _\My documents\ in the file Fallout4Prefs.ini change the line iPresentInterval=1 to iPresentInterval=0 - vsync off
- set the file to read only
3.Panel graphics card turned Vertical sync on On or Adaptive.

FPS in the game, transients (without a picture),jumps to 2000-3000, which speeds up any download several times.
Download locations becomes 8-10 seconds (instead of 30 sec), and at the door for 3-5 seconds. FPS in the game with the picture = 60-100.

All this is due to the fact that these hacks have tied the rate of processes in Fallout 4 to the frame rate.
The reason most likely is the use of albeit modified, but the old engine used not only in Skyrim but in Oblivion, and Fallout 3 (Creation Engine is a modified version of Gamebryo).
With the increase in frame rate and accelerate all processes in the game: the player starts to walk faster, and the objects start falling faster to the ground. But in the game picture with FPS=60-100 increase that speed will not be noticeable. Here's a compromise.

i
iFlower 13.02.20

mrG0bliN
I put in [General] the line iNumHWThreads=4 <- number of real cores

Thanks, it really helped! The primary testing two times increased! Yesterday, I had a time in other games to drive until Follic loaded...

v
vftor 13.02.20

iFlower
I have already tried. I have all the cores are running (seen in task Manager).

m
mrG0bliN 13.02.20

iFlower
great trolling ))) I tried
incidentally the other 3 raid ssd to run the game
the same Loki I kaki I have on the hdd
apparently the game itself is still unfinished

i
iFlower 13.02.20

mrG0bliN
The topic tells about a 30 second boot, and on my laptop the first primary testing of the game was about 5 minutes, now 2 minutes and I was very much happy.
Perhaps in Your case, when you load 30, 40, 50 seconds, it's just not very noticeable.
The game is not something that would be unfinished, not optimized.

v
vftor 13.02.20

iFlower
A more thorough testing found:
The removal of restrictions and off.Vert.sync. really speeds up the loading of locations, but loads the CPU of the video card (I have GTX 780 Ti ) to 99% (and raises the temperature to max).
not help external fan.
- helps MSI Afterburner (regul.video card).
- FPS varies from 60 to 170 (depending on location).
- when a complex figure (FPS=60) graphics card is loaded on 99% of the complexity of the design.
- in a simple figure (FPS=170) the card is loaded on 99% of the number of computed frames.
- running speed and events in the game,with FPS=170, greatly accelerating.
- how to write gamers: if FPS=120 lock becomes unreal, everything is happening too fast and break the studs instantly (I have max. pumping,but I have not tried).

The conclusion (for myself): removing restrictions FPS=60 don't use, well, the rest - see for yourself.
Without removing the restriction (FPS=60) download percent.graphics card = 60%. Occupied video memory = 1,620 GB (3)
Actually, I was wondering what these hacks-the developers screwed up, and now I have it all figured out. We can say that this hack is already unrecoverable by any patch.
For themselves as this game may appear interesting fashion.

i
iFlower 13.02.20

vftor
removing restrictions FPS=60
My notik, with high-medium graphics settings just 50-70 and issues. Loading is not desirable.
Test download the game through the launcher and the new program Radeon Crimson(like wrote that the drivers for the game is optimized). Through the launcher 1:35-1:50, via Crimson 0:53(only one time less than one minute)-1:36. Ran 20 times, some 10 to 15 seconds to save there. Enough.

v
vftor 13.02.20

iFlower
This is interesting. But as this pay-to-win ? You can of course through the launcher to run the game, but I put in the launcher settings, that's all. And run the game from shortcut exe.
And what is this prog Radeon Crimson ? But I read about it. So you have a Radeon ?

i
iFlower 13.02.20

All right, in the game folder two executable file. The range of drawing,the display sometimes jumps to high values, checked at startup.
7970 video card, mobile natural.
With the updated drivers Crimson is not. Photoshop stopped discrete graphics card to see, go says the driver update, then poke your nose.Old games no longer run(or there is no time to understand). Established only because of the Fallout.

v
vftor 13.02.20

iFlower
I had not moved the sliders range of drawing. In the game folder\Fallout4\ in the file Fallout4Prefs.ini was:
iSize H=720
iSize W=1280
I changed the resolution of your monitor:
iSize H=1080
iSize W=1920
And now moving.
And what about the driver, I read the comments of gamers that updated drivers Crimson no good there.
And photoshop and old games - or maybe you have in the system the virus is haunting and has already screwed up ?