3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
C
ColonelJason 23.09.19 11:03 am

Impressions of the game (Pathfinder: Kingmaker)

The game, of course, expected, but with considerable misgivings. Previous expected me classic isometric rpg- PoE ( and its many clones) was for me a huge disappointment, as was she, in my opinion, is not an RPG, but grafomanskie knizhenko game, with a bunch of stupid text, mournful gameplay, curve mechanics and stupid dialogues without meaning and consequences. Frankly, I thought that this game would be a hack of the series. But it seems that, fortunately, were not justified.
So, we have, at this time, in fact, a classic isometric RPG.
First, we have probably the best role-playing mechanics, Ad&d, in its humanized form (who do not know, Pathfinder is originally a tabletop role-playing system based on Ad&d, but somewhat simplified and intended to liberate players from unnecessary problems). And what is especially important system comprehensively reveals gameplay, but more on that later.
Secondly-the interface. I think it is possible without any pathos to argue that it is the best interface for the role-play of all that has ever been made.I'm serious. The impression that the creators of the 20 years he collected feedback about issues of interface Baldurs Gate, and thought about how to fix them. Here is all. Maximum ergonomics, maximum informativeness, maximum intuitiveness - you just think how would I do this?, and under the mouse there is a button. Plus, it perfectly describes the very mechanics of ( what PF is simplified ad&d, doesn't mean he is not huge, not versatile and not deep.). In the same Baldurs Gate of descriptiveness was not enough, and then even people not heard of the tabletop RPG will quickly enter the skill that gives how does this spell work, etc. (although I confess that I, with the knowledge of how nastolka, is it easier to understand all the subtleties).
About the gameplay. For completing the prologue, it was observed: variability, consequences of the decisions (surprise), the float with the team, the use of dialogue skills and characteristics that inserts books-games(very organic and simple, not as in PoE)- in short, everything that my taste should be in a real RPG.
In General, I recommend to everyone to learn about and purchase. And sincerely sympathize with the Bard's tale, which is not fortunate to go in at one time with this game, but still cost nearly twice as expensive, despite the fact that he is...
90 Comments
Sort by:
M
Maksim Dryhin 23.09.19

The game works fine, everything booted, but...
I do not understand why such pathetic fonts? I do not know you, I quickly tired eyes from reading such a text. And anyway is it not possible to do a text zoom option?
Also I wonder why Russkie the developers have done English, but not made Russian voice-over?

E
Ex_Vandal 23.09.19

Played for 2 hours. If you don't count the test launch of the campaign, 1 hour and 50 min spent at the character creation))) I Want interesting Archer, this variation of DND I don't know, there are differences. Overall, it is early yet to judge, though made more or less a tube. From the bugs - couldn't first start the game, crashes on loading screen. The solution found in the discussion of trims, in fact don't touch anything when the game is loading.

R
Rolemanser 23.09.19

OrisLumenis
From small minuses: no description for example of armor or weapons a class can use or not, when you start the game long over, even if it is on SSD, also in the game are not translated into Russian language classes of weapons.
One of the advantages, even a person have never played AD&D will be able to understand role-playing system.

R
Roman2013 23.09.19

The spitting image of Pillars of Eternity, but it's nice while waiting for patches.

PS Long long download to menu, settings sometimes. Disadvantages: no Russian voice, incomplete Russification :) (Loot etc.). Maybe the pirates are to blame, how's the license?

K
Kavaynik 23.09.19

The game is very interesting, a lot of old school, even possible to obtain a lightning storm in BG. But a little let down by the quality of dialogue, vague motivation, almost bordering on go kill those people over there - and fuck you I have? don't you FOP? now go on, there are translation errors as logical and simple, the balance is lame in my opinion (which probably will fix with patches), ie maybe to me it just seems, but the game as a mage now (at least in early game) this is just what popobol in the form of miss - miss - resistance - (0-3 damage)- again a mistake - you are dead, sort of a sense of absolute futility everywhere in addition to the scenes.

Z
Zloy Duh Yambuya 23.09.19

I'm a little like that in the inventory of small icons loot (swords, bows, armor, etc., as the pillars do not like it) that should have done more of them? Also a doll of the character could do more, some direct hard minimalist, I liked how in the first Neverwinter, here's the icons:))

Spoiler

I
IntroDub 23.09.19

I have a very brief conclusion - the Board game should be on the table, and not on hard computer.
And now more. This game is that fans of nostalgia in 1999. Let me explain: in 2018 to produce this is not that is not cost effective, it is already irritated. It all started with original sin, but those developers understand modern tendencies and released the second part, which is almost flawless. A narrow-minded sheep type avelona continue to drive, as well here noticed grafomanskie novels. The fact that buying this game, I had placed some hope, they say, like was done with the soul, etc., and me has managed not to pay attention that this game had a hand in Chris Avelon. Story, dialogues, characters to whom he touched, are extremely monotonous, not interesting, naive plot and empty dialogues stupid dolls. Just compare to with hack to 2, the same parallel with Neverwinter, boring new Vegas, which I fell asleep, and the stupid narrative in terms of class negate original sin 2. The only game from obsidian's alpha Protocol has a good story and in particular the best dialogues in games to this day. Just because he was a project Manager and not a writer.
I would like you to come with fear to the projects, which are associated with this asshole.

S
Setesh 23.09.19

In General, played a couple of hours (the hours it takes to create a character, this game is probably the most interesting and rich of these games in this regard), and something like that about anything, the same Pillars or Divinity is much better and more interesting. By the way, there are those who as I play nastolko, which made this game?

A
Astrallines 23.09.19

In General, the game copies some of the worst aspects of the Pillars, it would be better done boevka step-by-step for cool down(in real time X_X) skills in Siem creation is nothing but an artificial delay of the game.

a
alek001 23.09.19

the game is almost pillars,which is very good))
also the hours the Persians were collected.
a sorcerer with a bunch of bells and whistles.BUT!! in the prologue, only with a crossbow and fight for a bunch of skills and abilities vaasche useless.
I understand that until we raise the level of all my anguish when creating the Persians were in vain?

P
Prosporo_psix 23.09.19

cool game, right from the first minute is much better than the dull rule of law. Hour only Persian was created, probably. One only afflicts - the fine print. Play PCD 55 inch TV, you have to strain your eyes. And if 4K set? Pleased and optimization, normal fps so holding, the telly 120герц and live well. The same rule of law I have frizel under a lot of effects. Download dolgovato, but I forgot to SSD to throw, whatever. While it is a great app.

T
TechnicWTR 23.09.19

On my config 40-50 fps after the attack on the castle (in the opening scene - 90) playing at 1080p and all settings on max ( including 8x antialiasing) seems shitty optimization.

C
CEMENTATOR 23.09.19

Shut off the dialogue of the characters, but even without them, the translation into the Russian language clearly suggests that the game is not Russian and not Russian. Although there are objective reasons. So you wonder lip roll, isn't it obvious?

N
NatanieLzZ 23.09.19

It is still only the prologue. Liked the characters, liked the implementation of the selection of satellites in the team, and I have it turned completely composed of strong and independent women, the graphics are good. But waiting for 5 seconds before striking, and the descriptions of the skills, obviously not made for people, for calculators, kill any desire to play. From DnD games before that was only two KotORа, and since I don't understand why you can't write this as some simple. Well, or once I do that, do the game step by step, with visualization of rolls, calculations and comparisons with the characteristics of the enemy, to make it clear what's going on.
Spoiler

D
Dvorf 23.09.19

Difficult but fun. Sadly there is no coop ((

n
nights00 23.09.19

Impression of the game rapidly deteriorated when the 29-hour save was covered with a jungle snatch due to the curve of Loki with the AutoSave at the entrance.

S
Setesh 23.09.19

Torment a little more - worth the wait full plate developers on the go and never thought to adapt the rules of the Board game under the realities of the video game, just moving everything from paper to the screen, in total have 90 percent of the time lapses on both sides and a one-shot phenomenon when hit. In General, complete crap, unplayable, Neverwinter nights much steeper (with Baldur can't compare, because not playing)

D
Dimkinpark 23.09.19

In General, played four hours, difficulty - medium...If Dark Souls is a punishment for your mistakes, then Pathfinder is masochism pure water, the guys with a nervous mentality does not suggest, as to break the keyboard, joystick, headphones etc are very high and this is on MEDIUM DIFFICULTY!
Example: in one of the locations you have to walk up the hill and there will be 4 bandits, 2 archers, thunder and necromancer, with three I managed some how, but that's fine Archer did not want to die not what, I had a dwarf with a Mace and shield and small the bard, I picked this Archer 10 minutes! And you ask why? My dwarf couldn't get it all those 10 minutes, I decided to play to the end against the Archer to see what happens here and 10 minutes for my dwarf smeared on this Archer, and bard is constantly kasliwal skill conviction and battle participation is not particularly took, 10 minutes I ran out of health potions and Archer arrived safely and my gnome bard, here's popoola story. The game at the moment, a wild imbalance.

s
serg5555 23.09.19

Describe yet cons.
Loaded the game a minute and a half, then change the language from English to Russian. Oh yeah, Russian game with an English default, Shine. Then the game closed and need to re-download it again fifteen minutes. Character creation, one big lag, every portrait will load in 10 seconds. Interface - to press - it is necessary to accurately impose on it the cursor, yeah, slightly above/below and will not work. Annoying. When you create a monk to me why it is specified NOT recommended a much-needed skill. And descriptions, be honest, is not always adequate. The feeling that made the game in English and then translated into Russian. What a little Google translation. The font can't be changed, but sorry, I have such a vision is not very good, I would like the font bigger on.
The world map is also no zoom capability. A trifle, but unpleasant
Graphics settings reset after restarting the game
And so, the game has a lot of cliches, both spoken and narrative. As a student who writes an piece of writing by inserting in it pieces of read novels. Not for the first time - even a good game, but we all waiting for something cool.

M
Metalist1925 23.09.19

the simulator misses.