3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
sEntet1c 19.02.20 11:35 pm

Impressions of the game (Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs)

The game is being developed by The Chinese Room(I respect those guys), then the game will succeed not only in horror terms, but also in design and suspense. In terms of gameplay, nothing new revealed, except for an open, but empty city, and a variety of needs. In the story I have no doubt the ending Dear Esther made my jaw SAG, I haven't sat in a stupor. Sistemki too high for such graphics and load Ala I alone in the room seems not very optimized. Look, I think would be a great game.
145 Comments
Sort by:
s
sarge275 19.02.20

Of course the game is so-so. Cons compared to the predecessor equipment is not, the infinite light, the plot is not addictive, almost no physics (except that the chairs can be off), the graphics got worse (even dynamic shadows from the lantern there, but it's ubiquitous SSAO turned do not know why), system requirements outrageously overpriced when all of this ugliness. In General, comparing with Amnesia: The dark descent and Penumbra a huge step backwards. For a one time pass and be forgotten like a bad dream)

T
Tulskiy Pocik 19.02.20

I authors neophilologica shit dear estner,which like a number of people around the world,including nedorostkov,and nothing good waited,and besides, after a brilliant outlast and not upset.And as a little sorry-under the supervision of the people who created the immortal penumbra to afford to release this here...and the penumbra 3 if anyone remembers was a set of tasks even without the monsters and story,so they have since opened:after a relatively good game to release crap under the famous brand for squeezing money.

N
NOS-god 19.02.20

The game is passed(it's been nearly 5 hours, climbed every nook and cranny and read every note).
To be honest the second time was convinced that the creators of dear esther make a great atmospheric stories, but they are absolute ignorants in the construction of gameplay. Objectively machine for pigs as a game weaker than amnesia, BUT as the story exceeds the latter on the head. Interesting and developed characters(at freaks on a similar level of development was only red from penumbra), well-choreographed narrative moments - that's what distinguishes the second part.
On the technical side - are also all ambiguous. With the same high quality of sound, Amnesia 1 still looks more hrafnista and adjusted design than its illegitimate offspring. thechineseroom was being treated horribly with the engine(low skill working with it is visible from the first scene), lighting(awful) and the design of the locations(many empty in terms of interesting objects space - and this is after dear esther, every screenshot which you could put in a frame). The only thing - they turned out really atmospheric monsters. Why were the creators of technology and the authors of the first part - is unclear.
Conclusion amounted to this: the game is good, but could be significantly better. Someone was clearly phoning it in.

Regarding the inevitable comparisons with outlast - games, there is one common point. Both games were done by people who do not quite understand HOW to make a real horror that keeps you in suspense from start until the credits roll. Only the creators of amnesia this applies to a great extent. In the rest of the draft trying not to compare - both have their strengths and weaknesses.

Tula potsik
Most have already realized that Dear Esther you don't like. Enough may have to repeat it like a mantra.

B
Black_Gold 19.02.20

Waiting game, first played for a long time, I'm a man fearful=) And at first I was really scared. But in machine for pigs is not clear. The picture is hard on the eyes, but the sounds on top. I played 2 hours, got to the Church of a terrible was nothing. But the story is interesting, fun to read notes and documents. While holding opinions - the game is interesting and addictive, but not as scary as the first. Good luck in passing=)

S
SonicS 19.02.20

After driving and absolutely crazy Outlast, where the developers have given all the fantasy of Amnesia looks dull no more than full. The first part was not familiar so probably went to the middle until I realized that all the gameplay in the game is to wander and pull levers, turn valves and press buttons. 2013! year, the developers now as not only did whatever whatever the project was interesting, enthralling, there was always something new. And then the whole game has to turn, to push, to throw coal in the stove, etc. Right back in two thousand. Horror? Well, anyone can now scare the pigs. Quite lovely creation. About the story silent. From the pros: good graphics, high level sound. The combination of these two factors and provide a good atmosphere in the game. That's about it. The game is very weak.

T
Tulskiy Pocik 19.02.20

If Monsters in this game will be at least at the level pigheaded Saw it may not a pity spent time for this.While rustling behind the door and the ketchup on the floor, not frighten absolutely.

c
crytek123cn 19.02.20

SonicS
Download\buy the first part, I promise you will not be disappointed, the first graphics even prettier this looks.
The fact that other developed, First made frixen, this did the creators of dear Esther. Here is the answer to everything. Pricenow and so everything is clear, their goal was always the same: pull the nerves.

S
SonicS 19.02.20

crytek123cn
Yes, the commercials can be seen that the flow of the game is different in the first part.

p
pam09 19.02.20

My worst forebodings were confirmed, and ten times option. :(
This is not Amnesia, this is Dear Esther, which tried to make Amnesia. Horrible! Thechineseroom did not want to catch the spirit of the original game, not to bathe with the notorious horror of Amnesia, which caused many of preinfarction angina. They just made Dear Esther seems to be similar in setting, and for that got kicked out of Amnesia all (all!!!), what they were doing with Dear Esther. As a big napolonic this game I will say that I'm upset.
The result:
- The plot and the lyrics game is so like Dear Esther. The same moronic poesy of the language. Amnesia characters spoke on the matter, sincerely, here, listen to flashback (like prose poems) and I want to say: do Not believe!
- By the way, the texts (especially the cursive) - just a riot of graphomania. The pursuit of unnecessary prettiness, nothing more. Fu fu fu. Russian translation, by the way, killing them permanently.
In the original Amnesia was Lavrovsky horror. AMFP has no Tension nothing. Given the fact that the plot in some way continues the original Amnesia!
- Management Sanity was gone, and it radically cut down the beginnings of horror. You can walk in the dark, you can examine the monsters indefinitely.
- By the way, now the hero is almost blind in the dark. In TDD the eye accustomed to low light, and even without the lamp, more or less, it was possible to navigate. But the Mundus from AMFP seems to night blindness from birth. There is no lamp in the dark get lost in the moment. Although the dark areas here is ten times less than in TDD.
- The inventory is gone. With him gone the whole principle of lotinga - in the game there are no things that could be put in a pocket: no key, the crowbar, bottles, reagents, nothing. There is no tinder-box and cans for oil, because lamp are endless. Especially for this, most of the tables and drawers locked, they say, there is nothing in them to climb. The only thing you can find is a note. Incidentally, a lot (this kompensiruet a small amount of text in each note, usually one or two paragraphs).
- Interactivity is not gone completely, but the 80 percent that way. You can open doors, pick up the chairs. But! A lot of locked tables, dressers and doors. A lot of items that in TDD you could pick up, and there can not be (books, hammers, vases, barrels, boxes, you cannot pick up). As Frictional Games in General allow this? For this it is necessary in boiling water to cook, I think!
Monsters in the game - ridiculous and scary creatures. Remember the first meeting with the monster. It crawled from the corner, and even disturbing music is not playing. Mol, just relax, nothing special about it. Lantern now blink, when must appear enemies. So the sudden appearances will not. All done to ensure that we are not too scared!
- If you, God forbid, got hurt in the game, don't worry. Health is regenerating at the same rate as in Call of Duty. I think thechineseroom there is every reason to release the hack on the console.
- The levels are mostly linear. In TDD you had to choose, where to go in the archives or in a dark basement. Had to poke at the doors to determine where to go first. Here this is not.

Is not completely passed. Still have little hope for the plot twists at the end, and I want to know how it ends. But overall is very, very bad. Very bad. Very bad. Terribly bad. :angry: Probably, since DA2 wasn't such a bitter disappointment. Have half a mind to demand my money back.
And I'm definitely never going to buy anything that makes thechineseroom! This office is cursed. They are also incompetent action forward can't do anything.

P. S. And this they did 18 months?
P. P. S. Yeah, and Outlast (stupid, banal, hardwood Outlast) beats this sleazy crafts with polpinka. Play better in it. :) I never thought I'd say this.

c
crytek123cn 19.02.20

About the blinking light, I think it's either a reference or such playatina with the game F. E. A. R.
But the monster, he's so funny, it's not intimidating, but rather just walks nice, he even has a desire to play, it is enough to Shine a light in his face the second that he spoke. In General, all the skirmishes with the monster reminded me more of Rodeo, it takes a stand on a small space, turn on the flashlight, to wait until he he reaches you, immediately bounce in a dark corner and all of you vanished.
This is not Amnesia, for which she was given a normal evaluation, it is unclear... That's even now to go to the last part, and that would be dumb, and then... walk in the subway.

x
xint12 19.02.20

well, you give the Slavs!

f
frensis0024 19.02.20

The game is not scary. Even the atmosphere. The first 30 minutes of the game stupidly ran.. let's See what's next

v
vin dizzel 19.02.20

What do you think is scarier Outlast or Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs? For me, as Outlast and Amnesia a little easier...

a
animudebil 19.02.20

Hmm... Guys, if you are an ardent fans of amnesic - you will love it, but do not expect a horror. The last part was much better. Immediately, the whole point is to find the next lever. All. Constant shaking of the screen(the fear of catching up, yeah), infinite light(it shouldn't have done, IMHO, the whole atmosphere was gone) - in short, made a philosophical crap, purely on the fan. Looking to have a good night playing Outlast or get a girl.

f
frensis0024 19.02.20

many have postponed the game so much PR.
The horror Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs is carefully studied the question of fear, trying to create a game that I would like to quit from the things happening in her terror.
yeah, I want to throw not from the horror, and the sadness in it..
IMHO-the failure of the year

D
DeadManWalking 19.02.20

In Outlast I once scared, when up jumps, take the camera, and there is one man standing close and another tries to rape the corpse of a guard. Amnesia, though not terrible, but I was scared it 4 times. Twice close when the pig ran, time he from behind, imperceptibly out of the wall jumped out, when I'm in one place long stood, and once when a large pig came close :D but in General, Amnesia is trying to scare noises or sudden appearances of celovina. The game went for 7 hours. Read all the documents and memories. The whole picture could be summarized in 5 minutes. Unexpected twists in the plot did not see, because everything is already understood in the middle of the game.

D
DavidJonesRU 19.02.20

Ah... knew I'd get the Cat in the bag. Waiting for the horror it is gone. Why freaks gave the game to other developers? Monsters that almost play cards, not cause fear. The atmosphere there is good, but the plot is bullshit. Some swingeasy :)) And the ending... I remember an old quote: Well, in this situation, we just our to is the most we have here all our powers is over...

B
Batyayayaya 19.02.20

Much from a game I was not expecting. I just wish she was terrible, because the name she was given that responsibility. The machine for pigs, because it sounds, isn't it? But it turned out that no, it doesn't.

P
Pripoy 19.02.20

[Jo]kER
Put it in the driver settings.

D
DeadManWalking 19.02.20

The developers seem to have seen the movie Saw. Everywhere masks are pigs, Men are pigs...