3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Red Bull Energy 23.09.19 11:28 am

What OS do you prefer?

Was on XP is very good operating system,I really liked it.At the moment,somewhere about two years both on Windows 7,switched from DX11.Windows 8 is not liked,so stayed on Windows 7.And what OS do you prefer?
255 Comments
Sort by:
R
Rolento 23.09.19

XP unique for its simple and easy interface, everyone else just attempts to surfcity its convenience

K
Krymskiy Korsar 23.09.19

Akruti
Dear Okrut! Allow You to tell the secret! Linux, Unix, Ubuntu, and others like them - a fan-made distributions are written in open source! Ie These, pardon me, shit, every skilled programmer can complement your something... If something like theme, it will take this creation to improve..)))

V
VITYA_KOLYADENKO 23.09.19

In Win 7 vs XP, there is a bit of udobnosti, like Open in a new window in Explorer (although in XP this is just the point Explorer, but it opens a little).
Configure user access to files I haven't looked in XP, although you can configure some installers ready axes on the laptop it could. To win 7 was able to configure user access 24750 files AppData folder of the administrator.

O
Okruta 23.09.19

Dear Okrut! Allow You to tell the secret! Linux, Unix, Ubuntu, and others like them - a fan-made distributions are written in open source!
Hmm, as far as I know, Unix is of course global, Linux - particular case, was developed by Thorvald Linux, but Ubuntu and I certainly know just one version of Linux, like Mandriva, Red hat, etc.
What I am wrong? We are pleased to hear explanations.
In Win 7 vs XP, there is a bit of udobnosti, like Open in a new window in Explorer
and what hinders to do is double-click, holding Ctrl?

G
GGame 23.09.19

Windows 8.1 with elements of Windows 7

L
Loki D.S. 23.09.19

Akruti
Ubuntu - and I certainly know, just one of the versions of Linux

No.

What I am wrong? We are pleased to hear explanations.

Linux Kernel. And version it has a 3.8
Operating systems based on GNU and Linux called "Linux" or "GNU/Linux"
Linux is in Android, but nevertheless it's not a version of Linux.

Hmm, as far as I know, Unix is of course global,

Operating system Unix was developed in 1969 at Bell Laboratories of AT&T in the US

Ubuntu, Linux Mint, Debian, Fedora, Mandriva, Red hat, etc.
And this Quote

СпойлерUbuntu and others like them - IS a fan-made distributions are written in open source! Ie These, pardon me, shit, every skilled programmer can complement your something... If something like theme, it will take this creation to improve..)))

Спойлерhttps://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%A1%D0%BF%D0%B8%D1%81%D0%BE%D0%BA_%D0%B4%D0%B8%D1%81%D1%82%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%B1%D1%83%D1%82%D0%B8%D0%B2%D0%BE%D0%B2_Linux

s
safot 23.09.19

7Х64

L
Loki D.S. 23.09.19

safot
XPx64

S
Shadows3D 23.09.19

Android :)

A
Archegamer 23.09.19

Windows 7 is the most proven! 8 not really, waiting 10, let's see what she got

H
HITOVIKcom 23.09.19

Windows 7 do not want to move, whether it's 10 -20 - 100

L
Loki D.S. 23.09.19

HITOVIKcom

Cross crossed with a piggy at the 7, and the other will go, considering how 7ka godless...

O
Okruta 23.09.19

Loki D. S., what did I say in fact?

L
Loki D.S. 23.09.19

Akruti

Unix Is an OS family
Linux Kernel
The Ubuntu Distro kernel
Kernel version Linux - 3,8

Now compare:
Unix is of course a global
Linux - particular case
Ubuntu - and I certainly know just one version of Linux

Caught the essence of his accurate knowledge of definitions?

B
Botponevole 23.09.19

The juice of the brain of Linux users

x
xDeMID2014x 23.09.19

Windows 8.1 x64 and nothing else.

X
X_ray_83 23.09.19

Loki D. S.
Linux is in Android, but nevertheless it's not a version of Linux.
No core and all )))). java strangled opportunity ((((
On Linux smartphones were Motorola E6 from the last Nokia n900, everything else neutered do not understand that.

O
Okruta 23.09.19

Caught the essence of his accurate knowledge of definitions?
Well, the terms I, of course, not those used, but the essence is correct: Unix - a great many, Linux is a lot smaller in the part of many Unix, and Ubuntu even less numerous in the part of many Linux.

L
Loki D.S. 23.09.19

Akruti

You many not understand talking so much about the Linux system.
Unix is not set, it OS.
Linux Kernel. To the Core podtseplena everything, and this is called distribution.

O
Okruta 23.09.19

You many not understand talking so much about the Linux system.
But you hopefully understand what I mean?
If I understand correctly, in addition to Linux from Unix, there are other kernel? Then the term many is quite appropriate.