3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
I
Ignis_Mag 21.02.20 01:32 pm

The transition from 16:9 to 21:19. Is it worth it?

Hello, dear users of the Playground.
Not so long ago, my old monitor 16:9 resolution 1920x1080 after 8 years of hard labour and ordered to live long. Now I'm on the verge of choosing a new pixel each for the next N-years, and ask an awkward question - what to take?

After a bit of wandering around the shops, found that my attention was drawn to the monitors 21:9 that his magic latitude and angles promise to expand the boundaries of games.

And here I am writing You with a question:
Who of You switched from 16:9 to 21:9? What are some positive and negative points that you faced? Are you pleased with the purchase, or Vice versa regretted you didn't stay on FullHD?

I am also interested in the second main question. As I understand that the higher the resolution, the greater the requirement for the system - the inevitable loss of framerate in games (FPS). How, when upgrading from FullHD on 2560х1080 drops the number of frames? I have an i7-7700k + GTX 1080ti. Play with vertical synchronization, ie FPS always and everywhere I have 60 frames. From the new monitor I want the same for at least 60 stable frames. Disabled plane have an average of 110-140 FPS in games like Witcher 3, BF 1, SW BattleFront 2, Crysis 3. How much do I lose if I raise the resolution?

Well, the last. If you are happy/or not so the owner of the monitor, 21:9, please indicate the model of Your monitor, because now I'm on the threshold of choice and always see the positive. the negative reviews of the same model.

I will also add that the computer in addition to games use for video editing, so in addition to the increased angles in games find the advantage of increased workspace actually desktop. As a consequence, to mount the clips in Adobe premiere will be easier, because the time-line will be longer. The same applies to any multiwindow tasks on the desktop.

In General, you want a monitor 21:9, but I don't know what pitfalls (except for the black bars right and left when watching YouTube) may encounter. And what do you say?

p.s. The name of the topic sealed. 21:9*. And right now, trolls will descend.
1 Comments
Sort by:
A
Alik Dynnik 21.02.20

My monitor is 21 x 9, the company does not matter, the matrix for all monitors makes Samsung.