3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
-
-SK.art- 26.02.20 11:52 pm

Any questions on the selection of components v57

Old topic here
189 Comments
Sort by:
R
Ryazancev 18.12.20

Nikolay Lomantsov
I do not consider it expedient at all to maintain further friendship with this platform. We must acknowledge her departure into the annals of history. You cannot raise a dead person.
I will paraphrase.
All improvements will have a homeopathic effect and a small amount of productivity will take a large bundle of notes.
Not so long ago I had Ficus. No matter how much he fed him with acceleration and other gingerbread, he could not work well. Even if the FPS schedule is flat, the microfreezes soared a lot of cybercottle self-importance (JOKE).

N
Nikolay Lomantsov 19.12.20

Ryazancev
This is all clear, but it will run into a good amount for a new computer, because absolutely everything will have to be changed. Except possibly a power supply unit which is already 12 years old)

N
Nikolay Lomantsov 22.12.20

Hello. I did not find any sensible information on the Internet, the question is, does it make sense to put a purely system on ssd, if the games are all on hdd, and why?

H
Hellhound_Anger 22.12.20

Nikolay Lomantsov
cough cough, let me be surprised, because a modern machine without an SSD has long been an amazing thing! SSD is an obligatory component of pitch today, and of course, first of all, Windows should be installed on it. and it is good to share - distributions, file trash and playing on different disks, Schaub games (it is possible with a file trash) were not loaded with anything else, except for the current task. for games min 7200! In general, I have adapted it for games and SSD for a long time, cyberpunk definitely needs it, but in general games - the loading speed is fire! and with it loading textures and environments, but games and ssd are another story. collect Windows and ssd, you will be surprised how quickly everything loads, opens and works. even the download speed of Windows will grow 5 times! take at least 240, in real life 500 gigs, throw toys, and it is highly desirable if it supports samsus M2 EVo / PRO PCIe x4 3.0. in general it will be clear!

N
Nikolay Lomantsov 22.12.20

Hellhound_Anger
Thanks for the information, but the budget is limited, there are three hdd's of 500 GB each, one has 7200 revolutions, I don't store data on my computer, since finances are limited, I think I'll take ssd for 240GB. Then I'll throw both the system and games on him, threw off three games, passed, deleted. I think this is the most optimal ..

W
Whaler on the moon 05.01.21

I had a PC build experience in 2020. As a result, I got it exactly 100 thousand rubles (with a monitor), and I collected it for almost a whole year! But most importantly, I got a good experience, with which I will gladly share with you, and this is relevant for anyone on a build budget:
1.Monitor. Be sure to get a model that has FreeSync (they are cheaper) or G-Sync (they are more expensive). The picture in games from 50 fps and above will be very smooth, you will not want to go back to other monitors and V-Sync. I highly recommend 24-inch Full HD resolution. The grain will be minimal, and the Full HD resolution will make it possible to have not the most expensive video card and a good frame rate. If you think the picture is soapy, then in the nvidia driver you can set the DSR setting, thereby raising the resolution to 2K or 4K. Radeon probably has this option too. The budget for the monitor is about 10 thousand.
2. Housing. I recommend choosing housings with three or two fans on the front panel and, most importantly, that they suck air through a mesh with a magnet dust filter, and not through side nozzles, as is done in decorative cases with glass in the front or a solid closed panel - the airflow should be good ... Put one more minimum fan on the vent on the upper wall closer to the place where the processor cooler is. And one more fan will traditionally be on the back wall. A total of 4-5 fans are enough for the eyes, no more needed! The diameter of the turntables is 120 mm and if one fails, there will be no problems to find an analogue to replace it. The budget is about 3.5-4.5 thousand.
3. Processor. This thing has proven to be extremely important for games and its purpose is to give you a flat frame rate and raise the minimum frame rate. Today it is better to immediately take a model for 6 cores, since the games have already started working with all of them. It makes no sense to buy a top-end top or a bunch of cores, it's better to spend extra money on a video card. But to save and take before. generation is also not worth it, because if you install now and later on a productive video card of the 3060Ti level and higher, then it will not give 100% of the performance, the percentage will limit it (I had this with Ryzen 1600 and 3070, until I changed the CPU to 3700, getting the desired effect in frame rate). The Ryzen 3600 and Intel i5 10400f models are by far the best choice. The budget is around 15 thousand, take whichever is cheaper.
4.Mat. pay. Many copies have been broken about which "mother" should be taken. My experience suggested that for a 3700 processor (8 cores / 16 threads), the budget Gigabyte B450M S2H with 7 power phases was enough for me. And it was "enough" later that the CPU power zone - VRM - heats up no more than 50 degrees in load, which is an excellent result. It is the processor power system that is the most important part when choosing a mat. fees, but it is not worth overpaying for the extra "power phases", so it is better to save here and leave money for the video card. In the case of intel, 6 power phases are enough, unless you take an expensive CPU with the "K" index. Budget up to 6 tr.

L
Lex-one 05.01.21

Yuriy
Don't you think that this is all a scam with permission? Before FullHD was so clear, but now the latest games are all soapy.

W

5. Random access memory. In the case of Intel without the "K" index, we can choose regular 2666 MHz memory. It is better to take it at once with a set of two 8 GB each, since they are exactly compatible with each other, they will work in two-channel mode, and the volume of 16 GB is enough for the eyes. In the case of Ryzen, in order not to bother with overclocking, take the 3200 MHz memory also with two dies and the lower the timings, the better. The optimal budget option would be timing values ​​16-18-18-36. The budget is about 6 thousand rubles.
6. Accumulator. Let's leave hard drives in the past, we need to take a solid state drive. Its format should be M.2, since they work faster than conventional SSDs, do not require wires and are interfaced directly with the processor, not through the chipset. The minimum (and maximum) volume is 500 GB. 1 GB models are very expensive, it is better to save money and invest in a video card. Budget up to 6 tr.
7. Cooler for the processor. There is never too much cooling, but you shouldn't bother with it too much. In the case of Intel without the "K" index, the popular Deepcool GAMMAXX 300 for 1.5 thousand is more than enough. In the case of the Ryzen 3600, I would recommend coolers with 4-5 tower-type heat pipes and a budget of up to 2.5 thousand rubles.

W

Lex-one
Well I wrote that DSR solves the issue. I use it myself.

L
Lex-one 05.01.21

Yuri
Previously, no DSR was needed. Everything looked great anyway.
And now sometimes without DSR in any way.

A
Anettik 05.01.21

Prompt computer AMD Phenom x4 9550, DDR Samsung 2 gb, ATI Radeon HD 3850 512 mb, HDD SAMSUNG 500 GB, ASUSTEK COMPUTER INC SYSTEM BOARD, will pull games like tanks

W

8.Video card. This is the most expensive and most important component of a gaming PC and it is this component that forms the maximum frame rate threshold, it is this component that makes it possible to play with the settings in the game and get a good frame rate, since if the video card does not pull, then how not to twist the sliders - the game will have a low unplayable frequency! Fuhh ... the word "game" has been said many times, but you have to understand how important a video card is in games! As I indicated earlier, we partially saved on the CPU, mate. board, storage, case, RAM for a reason, although this is our foundation. Our task is to pour the maximum amount of money into the video card and it will have up to 50% of the budget of the entire PC! True, at the beginning of 2021 you will not buy a good video card, since budget models are outdated and expensive, and current models are in short supply and are VERY expensive.
9. Power supply unit. This is a rhetorical moment, because until you try, you won't understand. But I am a supporter of those people who believe that they do not save on the block. I have the most budgetary option with a Gold certificate from a trusted brand - Chieftec. The power is 600 W, and the power on the 12V line is up to 588 W, which is excellent, pay attention to this. And the whole thing is powering Reisen 3700, RTX 3070, motherboard, 6 backlit fans and pulls without problems, drawdowns on the 12V line at a peak of no more than 0.05 V from the reference value. I see no reason to chase the monstrous 750 W or more, unless you are the owner of Intel with the index "K" profit from overclocking to 5 GHz - MINIMUM)
The total formula for an excellent PSU is a power of 550 W, a proven brand, a Bronze, Gold certificate, and the more it holds a 12V load, the better (this is indicated on the unit label). Budget up to 6 tr.
And if you dream, then based on the capabilities of your PC and if you have finances, but within reasonable limits, the ideal assembly for me looks like this:
Monitor with FreeSync 1920x1080 up to 10K
Intel i5 10400f processor Tower
cooler with three heat pipes and 120 mm fan up to 1600 rpm min
Motherboard B460 is the most budgetary from MSI, ASUS or Gigabyte
8 GB * 2 RAM with a frequency of 2666 MHz
M.2 NVMe drive for 500 GB Silicon Power or WD
Case for 4 thousand with fans.
PSU Be Quiet 600 W Bronze
A video card of the Geforce 3060 (not Ti) / 3050 Ti level, which are not there, but which will appear, though first from the miners. The budget is up to 35 thousand, or without rays, but with DLSS up to 25 thousand (I'm sure there will be such - with tensor kernels, but without rays to replace the current 1660 ti).

l
legusor 05.01.21

Anettik
tanks, crossouts, CS and Dota will pull.

i
insel260 05.01.21

Hello everyone, nevertheless the computer is slowly dying, yesterday another bar fell off from the RAM, now there are only 8 GB left. In short, it was decided to upgrade to modern hardware, in a budget version.
First, I will change my mother and sales. I chose this.
ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Maybe in the future I will buy a vidyuhu with rtx, but for now it will be 970. The
question is: how do you think this motherboard is? Can anyone have used or is using this board, tell me if there are any complaints about it?
I read somewhere that when two M2s are connected, sata port 5 and 6 are disabled. Is this really so, or someone's invention?

S
SPR1GGAN 05.01.21

Yuri wrote:
Be sure to take a model where there is FreeSync (they are cheaper) or G-Sync (they are more expensive than
nonsense, breaks can be easily treated in the driver settings by turning on the vertical sync pulse quickly, without introducing input lag and does not set a limit on fps, but at extreme frisink already have in every modern Monica, so that it is even attention pay is not worth the more perepalchivat for dzhisink

diagonal advise you to take 27 inches during the same 1080 then I agree, the FPS in priority, and the price tag on an adequate map for a lower resolution
but that's about grain, from personal experience I was convinced that all this is nonsense and with such a diagonal the picture is excellent there is no pixel grid, those who see it are fans who say that they see the difference in PPI between 350 and 400 on a 5.5-inch mobile phone

otherwise, for the hardware, everything seems to be on the case, but I would still take the motherboard for overclocking and with a margin for an upgrade for the maximum percentage in this socket, because then it is easier and cheaper to change the percentage than to collect the entire system for a 10% increase

H
Hellhound_Anger 05.01.21

insel260 cough cough, excuse
me. 450 Prime was trash. Better tomahawk nothing came up with, as well as budget toys are good at msi. if needed from Asus, then streaks series, f gaming. B350 was clear, and yes, it costs E streaks for 10700 from a friend, I liked it! Prime budget, and such a one. prohodnyak, as well as giga with ashrocks.
And finally, why? When there are bargains available, the 10400F is the best gaming pro on your budget! Well, if you need a work and office station, then yes, as you like!
The trouble is that this junk is still worth it! what dollars, with a weak filling.
In short, if you don't think too much, then it will do!
insel260 wrote:
I read somewhere that when two M2s are connected, sata port 5 and 6 are disabled.
Heh heh, open the instructions! if difficult, then M2 is sata, and there is PCI-E. the second is highly desirable to take. When you install the second, nothing will happen. But the installation of the first - will cut off sat 2. In short, there are combinations, read the instructions from the site. If you put two PCI-e, then you will chop off - 5, 6 sat. If Sata + Sata (two M2), then 2 and 6 you will chop off, and if PCI-e + Sata, then Toko 6. Put one M2 PCI-e 3.0 from Samsung 970 PRO for 500 gigs, we can more, I have 1Tb in the second is.

i
insel260 05.01.21

Hellhound_Anger
10400F doesn't suit me. 2.9 GHz, memory up to 2666 only, PCI-E 3.0.
Although I do not strive for top-end options, the 10400F is already a completely homeless edition. No offense, but I'd rather take ryazhenka for 16k (the difference in price is 3k, but profit ...). There is more cache, and the frequency is higher and the memory supports higher frequency. Not to mention PCI-E 4.0

As for the mother: ASUS TUF GAMING B550M-PLUS have anything to say about this?

H
Hellhound_Anger 05.01.21

insel260
insel260 wrote:
2.9 GHz, memory up to 2666 only, PCI-E 3.0.
ha ha! gaming performance at 3600, with 3600+ memory better. The Z490 will give you 3600 or more. A one-piece chiplet, a built-in controller, and not disgusting like that of Amuda, latency stretches at 34-38 easily, with Amuda you can't lower it below 70. and latency smoothness in toys.
Any memory, but better than Z490 + DDR4 4000+ is not prohibited!
STE he can with 3600 memory, we can roll more, as much as your rubber can not, which will provide a headache in overclocking.
Spoiler
PCI-e 4.0, no one needs this marketing! There is nothing to poke into it, it does not give profit. made for trimmed Amuda cards and for beauty. 3.0 for the eyes and everywhere is enough, the difference in games is zero.
insel260 wrote:
but 10400F is already a bum edish.
Well, he made fun of the duck, he made fun of it, the pro-cyber, it was better and cheaper than 3600 rubber suddenly became worse. Then 10600kf will take you for 16 sput with Ali. :)))))
insel260 wrote:
ASUS TUF GAMING B550M-PLUS have something to say about this?
I already said, except for the strixes among the asus there is nothing to take! Further myself.

n
neoandpha 05.01.21

insel260 wrote:
but 10400F is already completely homeless edishn the
correct line of thought, in fact, I would invest in 10600KF and drive it as much as possible, this is a good basis for a really new computer. and 10400 from its 4.00 - this in 2021 already seems really something ancient from the past. although those who did not have 4-core skays or even haswells at normal frequencies will certainly not say so. moving from some random ancient tin can, 10400 seems like a breakthrough.

i
insel260 05.01.21

Hellhound_Anger
Oh, Intel fan, please calm down.
Over time (most likely by the summer of this year), I'm going to change the card from 970 to RTX 30xx. For this I need PCI-E 4.0. And if I now buy what you advise me, I will have to buy mother and food again. It's stupid, isn't it? Better to take a new generation right away. And intels with pci 4.0 support fly away at a price to another galaxy. Let me lose these 10 fps, but at least I will not overpay for these 10 fps in the tridoroga.

With Ali, buy it yourself. And I don't buy anything there except for clothes. Here's another thing, to buy a box duo, with the inscription 10600kf, for 16k, so that you can be surprised and indignant about the suddenly disappeared seller ... So, buy it yourself. Flag in your hands.

I already said, except for the strixes among the asus there is nothing to take! Further myself.
Yes, I already understood. In addition to Intel propaganda, in principle, I did not see anything. Well, thanks for that.